Photo

ME2: Launch Party Thread

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 -theacefes-

-theacefes-

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

EDI: I like to watch humans on their knees.
Joker: *slightly worried expression*
EDI: That was a joke.

Kae, that was my favorite too. :)

#82 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

I actually *did* get the scanner upgrade, but scanning planets can still be a bit of a drag. I mean, even in Star Trek, they didn't need to have to play Ouija board with the scanners... ^_^ But I'll get over it. I'm just hoping I'll find an upgrade to boost the max number of probes you get, since I have a tendency to mine planets til they're utterly depleted (not very eco-friendly), and use about 25 probes per planet...

I didn't get that EDI-Joker banter yet, but I have to say that the banters between Joker and the ship's AI are always worth a trip to the cockpit, they never fail to crack me up! (Even though I don't trust that AI for some reason <_< Cerberus put that AI in there, and I keep expecting it to take over the ship or something, I must've seen too many scifi films, I guess)

Oooh, and not to worry, I'm a completionist, so I'll be doing every single side-quest and extra mission before I go anywhere near that Omega mass relay. ^_^ I'm hoping that my Paragon Shepard will be bring everyone back from that suicide mission!

Edited by Eleima, 03 February 2010 - 11:52 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#83 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for that nice promo code Archmage Silver! Another item is always nice to have heh.

No problem, free is free. :)

#84 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:06 AM

I actually *did* get the scanner upgrade, but scanning planets can still be a bit of a drag. I mean, even in Star Trek, they didn't need to have to play Ouija board with the scanners... ^_^ But I'll get over it. I'm just hoping I'll find an upgrade to boost the max number of probes you get, since I have a tendency to mine planets til they're utterly depleted (not very eco-friendly), and use about 25 probes per planet...

I didn't get that EDI-Joker banter yet, but I have to say that the banters between Joker and the ship's AI are always worth a trip to the cockpit, they never fail to crack me up! (Even though I don't trust that AI for some reason <_< Cerberus put that AI in there, and I keep expecting it to take over the ship or something, I must've seen too many scifi films, I guess)

Oooh, and not to worry, I'm a completionist, so I'll be doing every single side-quest and extra mission before I go anywhere near that Omega mass relay. ^_^ I'm hoping that my Paragon Shepard will be bring everyone back from that suicide mission!

Beware.

Spoiler

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#85 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Took me 43 hours to complete mostly everything but it was a helluva fun ride. :D

I had all members but I kept
Spoiler
and everyone survived. ^_^

The best part of the game I think would have to be the final mission.
Spoiler

My worst enemy would be the husks, also includes worst death like I got hit by one and next thing I'm getting whomped by five and I'm unable to do anything.

I had about 500-700k resources :P and over 100k eezo and that was from about 90% of planets scanned (I'm guessing the member loyalty mission I didn't do would be in a new area) and 76% probed to depleted, poor or moderate.

I might make a review somtime but for now I give Mass Effect 2 9/10

#86 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

Beware.

Spoiler

Yeah, I figured something was up when I completed one of the NPCs' personal quest and their loyalty went from normal to "loyal". But have no fear! When I say I'm a completionist, I mean I do everything. I'm not even going near the next step (which is
Spoiler
) until I've completed each and every quest I can find.

I might make a review somtime but for now I give Mass Effect 2 9/10

I agree wholeheartedly! This may be a bit premature, since I've only played ME2 for about 15 hours, and since we're only in, you know, February, but I say ME2 has an excellent shot at being named GOTY (at the very least, in my book, it does). ^_^

Edited by Eleima, 04 February 2010 - 11:09 PM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#87 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

I agree wholeheartedly! This may be a bit premature, since I've only played ME2 for about 15 hours, and since we're only in, you know, February, but I say ME2 has an excellent shot at being named GOTY (at the very least, in my book, it does)

Didn't Dragon Age get GOTY? If it did, ME2 has no excuse NOT to get it. :) That's not intended to put down DA, but I hold ME in a much higher regard than DA.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#88 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

Didn't Dragon Age get GOTY? If it did, ME2 has no excuse NOT to get it. :) That's not intended to put down DA, but I hold ME in a much higher regard than DA.

Oh, ditto! I mean, I liked DAO a lot (which was indeed named GOTY if I recall correctly), but ME2 is just... epic. I'm just sooo thrilled with this game, it's everything we'd hoped for and more. Not to mention all the little things that complete the already complex world we'd grown to know in the first opus. The commercials (Blasto the first hanar Spectre, anyone :P ), the letters from characters we'd encountered in ME1, not to mention the music score which is really good, and the graphics which are pretty much drop dead gorgeous. But of course, I'm kinda biased of course, and there are other games out there which I won't necessarily play (tastes differ, and to each his own, I say! :) ), so that's why I'm saying that if it's not at the very least in the run for GOTY, it'll be a crime. ^_^ 'Nuff said, sorry for the gushing fan rant. Posted Image

Edited by Eleima, 05 February 2010 - 12:39 AM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#89 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

I found ME2 epic enough to play it for a third time, this time with a female paragon Shepard.
If you want a different game, but don't have a savegame from ME1, go here and download a save.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#90 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:05 AM

Nooo... my copy is delayed until next week. **** you EA! EA is worse in logistics management than Atari!

#91 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

Nooo... my copy is delayed until next week. **** you EA! EA is worse in logistics management than Atari!

Ouch! I'm sorry that you have endure this painful torment.

I encountered only one bad clipping occurance in the game and it happend while I was doing Thanes loyalty.
Spoiler

#92 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

Ouch, that really, really, *really* bites... :( I wonder why it's taking so long, I mean it's not like you live in the middle of the Sahara or anything... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you to get your copy, and soon! I'd loan you mine if I could (not going to be using it, going "AWOL" for 2 weeks).

I encountered only one bad clipping occurance in the game and it happend while I was doing Thanes loyalty.

Spoiler

I had a tiny problem as well during a couple of side quests (once during Thane's loyalty quest and once during Garrus'), but nothing major really: the graphics got kinda clipped, but only a single isolated shot. Nothing that deters me from playing the game.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#93 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Damn...Im really sorry to hear that man...that truly is rough! But dont worry the wait will certainly be worth it at least heh...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#94 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

I've picked up all the squad members I was given dossiers for... there's still one spot left though.

Next I'm going to do all their various quests to earn their loyalty (well, I'm presuming that's what happens, but you know...) as well as pimping out the Normandy to try and stay alive once I get to the other side of that relay.

So far I've been very impressed with the game.

#95 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:21 AM

On Tuesday February 09 2010 Mass Effect 2 fans will be able to get the new Cerberus Assault Armor and M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun DLC fof free through the Cerberus network. It should be available for all fans, both on PC and Xbox 360 at 12:00pm Mountain Standard Time.

Cerberus Assault Armor
Cerberus assault armor is designed for shock troops, turn the tide of battle against creatures or forces that would decimate normal soldiers.
Increases heavy weapon ammo capacity by +10%
Increases shields by +10%
Increases health by +10%

M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun
The M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun is a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries.

You can learn more about the Cerberus Assault Armor in a Arsenal update with screenshots of the armor in action here: http://masseffect.bi.../arsenal/armor/

#96 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

I was actually pretty disappointed in the Collector's Armor and Blood Dragon Armor. The N7 armor both looks better and is more customizable, and the stats you can get on the various pieces by the middle of the game easily compare in utility.

I might be less turned off by the looks of the DLC armors if you weren't -forced- to wear the helmet at all times.

Qwinn

#97 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

Still no copy for me... my retailer just sent me email today about it - EA is going to get around delivering their shipment on Thursday. Finally... but wait, there's more...

Apparently I'll receive a copy on Friday at the earliest, and next week at the latest. NEXT WEEK?! Friggin' EA. Finland is NOT located in Siberia, we have roads and airports for crying out loud!

It's already 2 weeks overdue on Friday, I don't want to think about next week...

/mad laugh

Ahahahaha!

#98 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:38 AM

Damn, that must be pretty annoying. Can't imagine why they'd take so long with it.

Anyway I just completed it for the first time. It was pretty good, I thought. In many ways better than the original but I don't think I can make as straightforward a judgement as saying one is definitively better than the other. Maybe when I've mined the content a bit more and played further styles I'll be able to make a judgement.

But yeah, time to look forward to ME3

#99 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

I had no problems with clipping that I noticed, but several occurences of my shepard suddenly standing on top of something, be it a table, or the tubes that hung from the ceiling in one spaceship, without a way down. >_<

- <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#100 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

Oooo... I have the game installing now...

Darn. I almost feel terrified of starting it up, 'cause I just know that what little semblance of real life and normality I commonly possess, will be going down the drain for the next few weeks or so... xD