Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

OUTDATED

Please, use the BWP v9.0 thread:
http://www.shsforums...roject-bwp-v90/

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

Entire installation instructions for the Baldur's Gate Megamod

For German gamers you can visit our German forum.

The BiG World Project aims to merge all games of the Baldur's Gate series and the additional contents created by its community in one massive adventure, including a modification of BG1 to run BG1 with the more modern engine of BG2, plus the added functionality of ToB expansion. Now all new functions which are introduced only with BG2 are also available for BG1. This signifies, BG1 uses just like BG2 the same graphic arts, the same character kits, the same magic and the same rules. Now even for those which know BG1 by heart this is a new play experience. Besides, it also includes an additional transition from BG1 to BG2. And all this can expanded with additional mods.

BiG World Project is constantly going through changes to acquire a more stable and bug free version with every new update.

All what you need to start with is the BiG World Setup (click me).

The current instructions (in English, in German, in Spanish) are divided into the following versions:

BGT Minimal-version
This minimal installation is very easy and fast done. You don't need anything to know about the BG mods. Install this version to play BG1 with the BG2 game engine until the end of ToB. We recommend this version to gamers, who has not played BG, yet. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The following mods will be installed with this version:
BG2 Fixpack, Baldur's Gate Trilogy and Restored Textscreen Music with the Language Pack.

Recommend-version
The recommend mods depends on recommendations from gamers and modders from different BG game forums. This version is a small megamod and a solid basis. This version alone gives you much new game-experience and content and if you wish you can add some more of your lovely choosen mods to it. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The mods for this version are marked green in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Standard-version
Herewith you can install all mods which have not an absurd degree of difficulty or known bugs. You can take all these Standard-mods or choose the ones, you like. The Install.bat installs only the mods you have extracted into the BG2 main directory. The mods for this version are marked green and blue in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Tactic-version
With this installation you can add mods and components to the Standard-version that make above all the fights with the enemies more difficult and, therefore, are thought for experienced gamers. The mods for this version are marked orange in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Expert-version
This version tries to fathom the feasible and includes all available mods of the Standard- and the Tactic-version and additional the mods, which are bugged at the moment. You have a 100% chance of running into bugs and/or CTDs (crash to desktop). The mods for this version are marked grey in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

With the "BiG World Setup" you can do a BG2 only installation with all these versions, too (except the BGT Minimal-Version).

This project is in development. Beginners should keep absolutely to the instructions, while experienced players with some efforts, tests and bugfixing can also create their own version of the BiG World.

Step by Step Instructions

BG1 installation
- Make a full installation of BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Should be installed in C:\Games\Baldur's Gate
- Patch it with BioWare’s official ToSC patch v5512
- Start BG1, make your settings, create a character and make a quicksave with Q in Candlekeep
- Quit the game

BG2 installation
- Make a full installation of BG2 and Throne of Bhaal
- Should be installed in C:\Games\BGII - SoA
- Patch it with BioWare’s official ToB patch v26498
- Start BG2 and ToB, make your settings, create a character and after the autosave quit the game

Important: Don't change the BG graphic-options or not more then 1024x768. You can get crashs to desktops (CTDs) if you take a higher resolution as 1024x768. When you want to play in a higher resolution take the Widescreen Mod.
If you want to use the Widescreen mod try out several resolutions until you found one that's optimal. It's probably better to do the testing on a clean BG2 install first (which shouldn't take long on a modern computer), to get a feel for the viewable area as well as text clarity, and then reply the selected resolution during the installation (you will be asked for it).

Begin the installation
  • Download the BiG World Setup
  • Execute the "BiG_World_Setup.exe" and follow the on-screen instructions
  • The whole installation could take 2 until 12 and more hours, depending on how many mods you chose and how fast your computer and internet-connection is
  • Start "Baldur's Gate II" and choose your game

Note:
The BWP-Tools were created for Windows 2000 upward, so you can use them on Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, only.

The BiG World Project contains the following:
- BiG World PDF-Manual (in Englisch, German and Spanish)
- BiG World Setup (for an easy installation)
- BiG World Installpack (contains the installation commands)
- BiG World Fixpack (fixes bugs in mods)
- BiG World Textpack (for foreign languages (currently in German and in Spanish))
- Lollorian's Kit-Guide (contains all informations about character-kits)

Jarno's great FAQ for the Megamods (click me)
You find there many informations about megamod installations and how you can solve standard problems.

We are glad about every suggestion and every criticism which serves to improve the BiG World Project.
The BiG World Project Team is available for you at any time in the forums.

Edited by Leomar, 28 March 2010 - 04:54 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:46 AM

New in v8.3

Updated guides
  • Introduces kit installations of The Darkest Day, Region of Terror, Enhanced BG2, Sorcerer’s Place Collection, Victor’s Improvements, Song and Silence, Divine Remix, Sword and Fist and Ashes of Embers
  • Additonal guide for Character-Kits by Lollorian
  • "Exnem’s Items" moved to the chapter "BG2 Stores and Items"
  • "Thrown Hammers" moved to the chapter "Post-BP Tweaks"
  • "ToB Refinements" moved to the chapter "Post-BP Tweaks"
  • "The Bigg Tweaks" moved to the chapter "Post-BP Tweaks"
  • The 1pp mods moved before "Aurora’s Shoes and Boots"
  • Small further installation order changes
  • Small corrections and updates of the PDF-guides

Updated "BiG World Installpack v8.3"
  • Added selections for game installation, unsuitable/fun mods, Kits, AI and Rules
  • Updated Clean-Up.bat
  • Two new optional tools: "BiG World Backup and Restore.bat" and "BiG World Unpack.bat"

Updated "BiG World Fixpack v8.3"
  • Removed the "Tethyr Forest Patch", the "Creature Fixer" and "Throne of Bhaal Hacks", because they will be handled as normal mods
  • Updated official hotfix for "Spell Revisions v3" from 30 January 2010
  • Updated TP2 for "Level 1 NPCs" by erik (eib1)
  • Added White Agnus fix for "Ding0's Experience Fixer" (Now, you get again XP for kobolds)
  • Added some smaller fixes and updated official hotfixes
  • "_BWP fixes.txt“ is up-to-date, now
  • Currently the BW Fixpack is not complete. Sorry. White Agnus will update the fixpack as soon as he is well again.

Updated "BiG World Textpack v8.3"
  • Small corrections and adjustments

Updated "BiG World Setup v8.3"
  • Updated for the BWP v8.3

Updated mods
  • WeiDU v213
  • MKs BG1 Textpatch Revised v3.1
  • MKs BG2 Textpatch Revised v3.2
  • Check the Bodies v1.12
  • Baldur’s Gate Trilogy v1.08 (01 Feb 10)
  • Beregost Crash Fixer v1.8b
  • Restored Textscreen Music (Core) v7b
  • Dark Horizons v2.03
  • BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters v6
  • Lure of the Sirine’s Call v10
  • Ascalons Breagar v5.13
  • BG1 Unfinished Business v10
  • BGSpawn System v1.05
  • BGT Tweak Pack v9 (31 Dec 09)
  • Hard Times (BGT) v2.4
  • The Bigg Quest Pack v2.03
  • Adalon’s Blood v9
  • Er’vonyrah v1.3.1
  • Tales of the Deep Gardens v4.0
  • TS25 MiniMod v2
  • CoM Encounters v1.04
  • Domains of Dread v3
  • Freedom’s Reign / Reign of Virtue v7
  • MunchMod v3.0
  • Return to Trademeet Item Pack v1.2
  • Ruad Ro’fhessa Item Upgrade v25
  • Blood of the Martyr v6
  • Rupert the Dye Merchant v2
  • Charlie v2.2
  • Darron v1.5
  • Nanstein v1.3
  • Mhoram NPC v2.1
  • Jan’s Alchemy v4
  • Mystigan the Merchant v1.4
  • LavaIt! v2.1
  • Old Mods Pack v2
  • Les Chroniques de Severian (REM) v0.1
  • Ajantis NPC for SoA (Beta) v0.2.20
  • Chloe NPC v1.5
  • The Undying v2.06
  • Kim NPC v1.62c
  • Sarah NPC v3
  • Skie NPC v5.1
  • Worgas NPC (Beta) v1.1
  • Cassius One-Day NPC v1.05
  • Jerry Zinger Show v3
  • Banter Packs v11
  • Viconia Friendship v3.0
  • Mazzy Friendship v2.0
  • Yoshimo Friendship v2.0
  • Goo NPC v5
  • Turnip Golem Encounter v3
  • Holy Hand Grenade v1.2
  • Quallo v1.13
  • Au Service d’Oghma v1.5
  • Lucy the Wyvern v2
  • Slandor: Minotaur and Lilacor v1.4
  • Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves v1.4
  • NPC Tweak v5
  • Teleport Spell v14
  • Big Picture v1.79e
  • Grimuars v3.3
  • Homeward Bound v4
  • Kiara-Zaiya (with Translations) v1.6
  • Yikari NPC v1.6
  • Divine Remix v6
  • Sword and Fist v6
  • Rogue Rebalancing 4.33
  • Improved Summons v2.02
  • Throne of Bhaal Refinements v3.21
  • Cursed Items Revision v3.2
  • aTweaks v3.02
  • Bard Song Switching v1.4
  • BP Series v3.61
  • Thrown Hammers v2
  • Item Randomiser v3
  • The Bigg Tweaks v2.20
  • BGT NPC Portraits v1.8
  • Aurora’s Shoes and Boots v5
  • Unique Containers v3
  • Level 1 NPCs v1.3
  • Widescreen Mod v2.31
  • Creature Fixer v2
  • Generalized Biffing v2

Added new mods
  • Tethyr Forest Patch v3b
  • Musica de los Reinos v2
  • Haer’Dalis’ Swords v1
  • Portable Hole v0.2
  • Vampire Tales v1.00
  • Item Pack v1.2
  • Jarls BGT Tweak Pack v1.3
  • Infinity Animations WeiDU Beta 3

Deprecated Mods
  • "Weimer’s Ascension v1.4.24" because it is completely included in "Big Picture"
  • "Dark Ritual" and "Miriam NPC", because both mods are included in "Vampire Tales", now

The BWP-Team wishes you much fun with the new version.

Edited by Leomar, 12 February 2010 - 04:56 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#3 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:47 AM

We updated the "BiG World Setup" for the "BiG World Project v8.3", now.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 12 February 2010 - 04:57 AM.

- Chevalier

#4 Theon

Theon
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

Hallelujah!

Now I just need the Imoen Romance ToB part and I'll be ready to play BG again. :woot:

Thank you all. :Bow:

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:05 AM

YAY for BWP!!! GO BWP GO!!! BWP for president!!! <insert other fanboi stuff> :Bow:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Would you mind putting a link to this page to the first post.Posted Image
And good stuff.
:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :clap: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :clap: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 February 2010 - 11:44 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:22 PM

I have a question about the new .TP2 for tactics that the Fixpack uses.

If I understand the comments in the BWP fixes text file, several tactics components now won't install if the BP179e TP2 is detected? What about players, like me, who only install BP's version of Ascension (not AI, or other encounters). Does installing BP's Ascension result in some sort of incompatibility that should keep me from installing several of tactic's components?

Also, there is no mention of 1PP's extended palettes in the BWP install manual- is it safe to place it directly after thieves galore?

Lastly, Thanks! These updated manuals and fixpacks are the entire reason I can play BG2 the way I want to- so thank you for putting all this hard work and time into it.

#8 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

WELL DONE LADS !!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar

#9 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

Can't wait for this to go live.

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

And should you be interested to know, the 32bit Windows7 should work the same way the Vista does, the 64bit one also might require for the user to disable the PCA with the UAC, answer #2. But I would suggest disabling them both to all W7 users.

There is an obvious mistake in the English BiG World .pdf file, there is a line in (in spell revisions section 2.3.2.) that says: "Sword Coast Stratagems hat eine ähnliche Komponente.", it's not English. It's probably something like "Sword Coast Stratagem has the same kind of component." Translation with zero German language skill. :D
Same issue with the Dark Horizons section(6.0.1), It has two lines "Kopiert den Ordner DarkHorizons und die Dateien Setup-DarkHorizons.exe und Setup-DarkHorizons.tp2 in Euer ...\BGII - SvA\ Verzeichnis." That something alike "Copy the folder DarkHorizons and the files Setup-DarkHorizons.exe and Setup-DarkHorizons.tp2 into your main BGII - SoA directory." Translation with zero German language skill. :D
The Tales of Anegh section(11.0) has GERMAN marker... it could be that the primary language(#0) is German, but I think there is an English translation as the WeiDU.log says it to install #1 #x components with English names, as are the names in the components.
And there are others, like many "und" are actually "and".

The [I]install markers might also be a bit better in the guide, as they are all marked according to the Tactical/eXpert install, but what you could also do is put a marker that's would indicate the Standard installs, at least on most of the Tactical mods if they differ, with the colored installation form.

Yeah, I understand that it's hard to cope with all the changes, but I am just pointing what could be improved, not criticizing anyone, I have no idea what this all can take out of you... so take it as such.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 February 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#11 Strikh

Strikh
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

Soooooooo excited to see this!!!

You folks are abso-freakin-lutely AWESOME!!!

*bows to the modders*

I'm a newbie to mods...so I have boatloads of questions...
...started BWP 8.2 last December. I'm missing tons of stuff, but I am sure that's because I didn't really know what I was doing (I know I don't have Chloe, Saerileth, Rose, Shadows over Soubar, Bone Hill, and many others. I tried the "recommended" install, so that might explain some of the stuff not being there(?)
How would a newbie like me know ALL the mods that are installed (including NPCs) depending on which install is used (recommended vs expert vs tactics, etc). I see where it says which mods have been updated, and which are new to v8.3, but I don't know how to determine what I should or should not expect to find in game. I looked at the NPC list (awesome, by the way!), and that's how I know that Rose, Saerileth, Finch, etc exist, and that's how I know I missed out on some good stuff!
I don't know if I'll need to completely uninstall everything and start with clean game installs and patches, then DL the BWP again, and stuff like that...

You modders know this stuff inside and out, but is there (or could there be) a (fairly) comprehensive "BWP 8.3 for Dummies", for newbies/dummies like me? Please?

Again, I just want to say you folks amaze me! You do this for love of the game, not for $$, and share it with the rest of us. THANK YOU!!!

~Strikh~

[edit] d'oh! Finding many answers by following the "linklist" link that Leomar provided...

Edited by Strikh, 10 February 2010 - 01:26 PM.

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

How would a newbie like me know ALL the mods that are installed (including NPCs) depending on which install is used (recommended vs expert vs tactics, etc).

From the colors, the grayed ones are expert, the yellow are tactical and so forth... I don't have .pdf reader at hand, so that's from memory... so just don't expect the gray ones to be installed in the tactical and you'll do fine.
See, all the standard mods are included with their own options to some mods in the standard install, as well as in Tactical and expert install, the Tactical install has quite few more mods, and more difficulty producing options picked from the standard mods, and the broken yet to be tested and fixed for compatibility eXpert install has all the previous mods and then some, like the NeJ, but as they have CtD bugs, you need to avoid that install option like the plague.

#13 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

The BW-PDF shows you which pre-selection installs what.
The Linklist also shows it.
So does the BWS in advanced mode.
Your weidu.log will show you which mods you currently have installed.

Please note that in the BWS you can edit the pre-selections and your selection will be downloaded and extracted. So you can add mods "on the fly".
Then the BiG World Install.bat is called and this will install Tactic or Expert mods only if you command to do so.

But beware: Choosing Tactic will install a bunch of tactical stuff that may have been left out if you had chosen a Standard installation. So it makes your install harder -- well, what did you expect. ;)
Choosing Expert may also install "bugged, fun or not suitable" mods and components.

So: Providing the data to enable the installation may not be enough if you want the batch to install all the mods you like.

Edited by dabus, 10 February 2010 - 01:47 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#14 Strikh

Strikh
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

Now I wish I had opted for the "Standard" install instead of the "Recommended".
So much so, that I'm tempted to start all over (even though I'm about half-way through BG2)!
Should I just wait for v8.3 to be ready? Any idea when that will be?
If I'm going to go with v8.2 "Standard", should I start with a new, clean install of everything? (like I said, I'm a real newbie to mods...)

#15 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

I think I am going to wait for v8.3... The build up is a little intense. I am sooooo excited! Can't wait to play a mega-mod baldur's gate again. Well done you guys. Could you calm my nerves a little and give us an update on a completion date. It will help me sleep!

#16 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:15 AM

Ah stupid me ^^

EdIT: Nevermind.. fixpack was failing to patch because I removed the BGT folder and files from BG2 directory (which are a condition for it to patch finch npc).

Edited by Himself, 11 February 2010 - 05:50 AM.

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#17 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

We updated the "BiG World Setup" for the "BiG World Project v8.3".

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 12 February 2010 - 05:16 AM.

- Chevalier

#18 -AndrewB-

-AndrewB-

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:34 AM

omg yes! :woot:
have my babies Leomar :Bow:

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:50 AM

Thank you for the newer BWS :Bow:

Small typo in the 8.3 Guide :P Mod 24.9 Salk's Cursed Items lists ~SETUP-FREEACT.TP2~ as its .tp2 :lol:

have my babies Leomar :Bow:

:ROFL:

Edited by Lollorian, 12 February 2010 - 06:50 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#20 Strikh

Strikh
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

We updated the "BiG World Setup" for the "BiG World Project v8.3".

Greetings Leomar

Does this mean it's ready for DL, install, and hours/days/months of enjoyment?