Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#41 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

I have UAC turned off (first thing I did). I didn't install anything to program files (did it all to D:/games). I'll check PCA tho, but I'm still reinstalling everything.

Windows 7 64 bit.

Just so you know:

2. Disabling your User Account Control, in Vista and W7.
Now, Windows Vista and Windows 7 have these annoying new features called User Account Control, which even with Admin permissions stop everything mod related, as it prevent programs from altering other programs, at least without your permission, which in turn says that you have to re-enter the program code after the permission is given to the said program which doesn't suit with BiG Worlds programs cause the user didn't code program, nor typed the .exe's need special features to actually do things they do. You disable this feature by going this path in;
Vista: Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> Uncheck the box next to 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer', and push OK, and then restarting the computer, in annoyance...
W7: Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change Your User Account Control settings... set to the bottom most option and done, and then restarting the computer, in annoyance...

2.1 Disabling the Program Compatibility Assistant on Windows 7.
To increase this annoyance, the clever idiots at the MacroHard have invented this assistant that always asks: 'Did this x program install successfully?' on 32bit system, and in 64bit system it can and will stop you from overwriting useful files, like the BGMain.exe when you upgrade the SoA to ToB. :clap:
To remove it push the Start -> type to the console: gpedit.msc and start it, then User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility
Double click the option "Turn off Program Compatibility Assistant", and inside its configuration mark the "Enabled" -> Apply -> OK. Restart the computer.

2.2 Why disable the UAC, and the PCA?
Well, cause we need to, and because we can enable it after the BWS(BiG World Setup.vbs) and BWI(BiG World Install.bat) have run their procedures to completion. Or you go through the horror of making manually all the installation.

Also there some place where it tells you to not install the game to the Program Files sub-folders, this is because the OSystem mirrors the files from one place to another, so do not make the mistake to install the game into the default "Program Files (x84)" folder, or you'll be banging your head to the wall...

#42 Inebane

Inebane
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

So I've been installing 8.3 and all went smooth until I encountered such error:

Spoiler

So the first idea that comes to my mind is the wrong ANSI code page. Had it set to Polish, not English but after changing the language to English the error remains. Ofc the files required are in the directory. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it myself. Turns out it was the wrong language set. After changing to English and starting from scratch all works fine ;)

Edited by Inebane, 14 February 2010 - 05:43 PM.

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

I tried a BWP8.3 expert yesterday (with the TDD-RoT kits and the biffmeister :P) and got 2 errors ...

TheUndying
Spoiler

And Aurora
Spoiler

Attached my BiG World Debug.txt for all to murgalize :devil:

Anyway, 2 questions for the BWP:

1) I haven't tried it, but when you select kits at the start, do you have to choose only one out of the 5 options?? Or can you choose, say ... option 4 AND 5?? :P (I didn't want the installer to give me errors and get stuck when I slept :P so modified to install.bat to install both TDD and RoT kits by default)

2) Is the IAAurFix still needed since Aurora v5 came out??

And finally ... I'd been thinking about this, but never got around to trying it :P I've seen that the BWPFicpack just copies stuff inside it's "_copy" folders to the mod folders (so they should be where the periodic IR/SR hotfixes should go)

What I'm thinking is, if I manually create a mod folder within the BiG World Ficpack folder ... like BiG World Fixpack\jassy\_copy\ (jassy is Dungeon-be-Gone's folder name), will the BWFixpack.bat be able to copy the contents of the _copy into th jassy folder in my BGII-SoA folder??

Sorry if this sounds too confusing :P Gotta run ... Thanks for all answers :)

Forgot WeiDU.log :doh:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 14 February 2010 - 12:03 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#44 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

Kits:
Devince Remix installs Songsilence + Devine Remix + Sword_and_fist
Ashes of Embers installs AshesOfEmbers + SPSTuff + Tactics
EBG2 installs Ebg2 + VIC

so my guess without proof would be that you hit the 9 kits limit and so Leonardo selected some pre-selections that don't hit the wall.

Fixes:
Creating a dummy-file and starting the fix-batch would have been faster. :P
I you look at the batch, it's just looping through the folders in the fix-folder and going through the patch- and copy-process. So yes, it would work if you create your own fixes without editing the batch-file itself.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#45 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

Hmm, yeah :) Thanks! (I tend to forget about the limit ever since it was hacked to pieceseseses :D)

@Kits: Faster, probably :P if I had my install with me everywhere I go :devil: Anyway, thanks for the tip!

I looked over the CoM forums and it seems Leonardo Watson already reported the Undying's typo :) (was the mod updated at the download centre though??)

About Aurora, unless it's my antivir acting up (again ... probably ... I dunno though), I'll report this to their forums.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#46 Inebane

Inebane
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

Gah, posted in wrong forums, nvm me :P

Edited by Inebane, 14 February 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#47 Homer_S

Homer_S
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

Two comments:

1) This installs so much faster than 8.2! I did a 'Standard' install and it was tons quicker than before.

2) Does this include the patch for the bad itm that made the Temple Ruins slow to a crawl? or should I look that thread up and drop the updated cre file in overrides?

Homer

Edited by Homer_S, 15 February 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#48 Homer_S

Homer_S
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

Moved to bug forum...
Homer

Attached Files

Edited by Homer_S, 16 February 2010 - 11:27 AM.

#49 -BWP v8.3-

-BWP v8.3-

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Just a quick questions using the new v8.3. I downloaded the new version and the name is "Big World Setup" without any version name after it. Is this the correct and latest version? I downloaded it from this link in the post.

http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=752

#50 -Kelrynn-

-Kelrynn-

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Just a quick questions using the new v8.3. I downloaded the new version and the name is "Big World Setup" without any version name after it. Is this the correct and latest version? I downloaded it from this link in the post.

http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=752

I think I just found my answer looking through the other posts. It looks like v8.3 is updated with the Big World Setup download so I should be good. I downloaded the BWS and will install it tomorrow. :doh:

#51 Kaz

Kaz
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

I may have just posted in the wrong topic. Ignore this >_>

Edited by Kaz, 15 February 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#52 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

I made an installation of BPW version 8.3 Expert mode(because I wanted modes Exnem Vault and Dark Horizon ) but I found in Big World Debug.txt 3 mods with errors and several warnings. I chose the AI option SCSI not BP maybe that was the problem and had to choose both.

Please help me solve this or can somehow this errors are not critical and can play it. Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by danemanuelk, 15 February 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#53 -DMaarten-

-DMaarten-

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:18 AM

I see that the Widescreen Mod v2.31 is mentioned under Updated mods, does that mean that it is included in this monster-mod?

#54 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

I see that the Widescreen Mod v2.31 is mentioned under Updated mods, does that mean that it is included in this monster-mod?

Erhm, this is not a monster mod, it's a way to install the game with the most of everything the games mods have to offer... and it's automated so you can adjust it a lot but don't have to do a much to get it to work. And yes, the Widescreen Mod v2.31 is included.

And if it's unclear what the most of everything means, it a freedom to choose what mods to install without the need to worry too much that the mods would brake the game because they are incompatible with everything else, while removing the minimum amount of what to install...
While keeping the game almost consistent to the likings of different install options. So the Tactical install is stupid hard(really, really hard) while the Standard install is good for average to advanced Baldur's Gate player, while the eXpert is broken test version for making the mods more compatible(do not install unless you wish to edit the game more than the normal NPC mods making take effort).

The Team is working on a lot of things , but one of them is a system that in the future allows you to select every component every one of the mods contain so the conflict the mod component have with each other will then be shown to you and you can select what to remove to avoid those conflicts.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 February 2010 - 01:58 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#55 -kelrynn-

-kelrynn-

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

I just finished installing the Standard version of Big World Setup and it could not download BDash168, which I believe stands for Baldurdash_1.6.8. Is this going to cause a lot of problems with the game?

#56 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:08 AM

I just finished installing the Standard version of Big World Setup and it could not download BDash168, which I believe stands for Baldurdash_1.6.8. Is this going to cause a lot of problems with the game?

Not really, as it possibly would be needed for the eXpert installs component, but not for the Standard.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#57 -DSgamer-

-DSgamer-

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:33 AM

You can download it at http://www.fileuploadx.de/200392
does the install give you an option to manually add it before it continues?

#58 DMaarten

DMaarten
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

That WOULD be very handy when the automated download doesn't work :)

#59 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:02 AM

As long as you have it extracted in your BGII-SoA folder, the install.bat will install it :) (also, thanks for posting the link here :P)

#60 Theon

Theon
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

That WOULD be IS very handy when the automated download doesn't work :)

I dowloaded the mods yesteday, and the BWS did offer me to manually download the missing mods, in fact, it offers to open the DL link in your browser, so you don't even have to copy-paste the URL itself. This way I could download all the mods (four to be exact) that I wanted. :cheers: