Blind Warrior kit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:44 AM

Howdie, I've found great great portrait for BG2 character on DeviantArt which presents blind female warrior. That's why I've came up with idea of Blind Warrior - fighter who's getting used to his permanent blindness and starts to using it as his advantage. Thanks to sixth sense he can be nearly as good at fighting as other fighters, he also cannot be misleaded by any illusions. It needs a bit of refinement and a lot of good writing, but I hope you like it. Yeah, after exams I'm going to finish it.

BLIND WARRIOR

Advantages:
- Blind Warrior is immune to any further blindness effects and penalties coming from them.
- Once per day per 2 levels he can use Inner Sight ability. Blind Fighters are capable of using their own, unique sense known as Inner Sight. This ability removes ThaC0 penalty coming from permament blindness. It also grants to him +1 bonus to Attack Rolls and Armor Class for every 4 levels.
It also improves his sight range.
Inner Sight allows Blind Warrior to perceipt and dispel any spotted illusion, just like True Seeing spell.
It also makes Blind Fighter immune to backstab and critical hits.
At last it allows him to detect any creature's aura: evil creatures emanate with red one, neutral are blue and good are green ones. Inner Sight lasts for 4 rounds.

Disadvantages:
- When not using Inner Sight ability, Blind Fighter's sight range is reduced to minimum and he suffers -10 penalty to ThaC0.
- Cannot wear heavy armors.

Inner Sight ability proper progress: (despite removing -10 penalty to ThaC0 and immunities)
Level Bonuses
1 1/4 of normal sight range; +1 bonus to ThaC0 and AC
5 1/2 of normal sight range; +2 bonus to ThaC0 and AC
9 3/4 of normal sight range; +3 bonus to ThaC0 and AC
13 normal sight range; +4 bonus to ThaC0 and AC
17 normal sight range; +5 bonus to ThaC0 and AC

#2 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

Sounds nifty.

Any chance you might develop it further and make her a full-fledged NPC? I would love to see her story unfold.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

The Unseeing Eye in Amn ... now that's a plot you could use if you go ahead with the NPC thing :) (btw, I found this pic, and they're making some blind NPC as well ;))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:42 AM

This portrait was my source of inspiration. I'd love to see this NPC coming, but this picture is quite old and when you didn't heard anything about blind-npc mod there is 90% chance that mod idea is dead.

Submitted:January 12, 2007

But my NPC mod? I'd rather see it done by someone else who's more capable at writings and stuff.

#5 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

I remember that mod now. I was actually looking forward to it.

Sadly, that happens to so many mods...

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#6 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

I stumbled across that portrait last week. It did sound like a promising idea for a mod. :) Perhaps a similar idea could be picked up by someone else? A friend of mine actually has a different idea for a blind NPC, though the source of inspiration is very different. I won't let out any details, though. ;) Don't want to get your hopes up for nothing.

Edited by Phobia, 21 February 2010 - 12:34 AM.

Left the modding forums