Leopard love!

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:45 AM

Glad to hear the mod is still going. :lol: Just wanted to chime in and say I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

I have a fan! :D Thank you, I'm happy to know someone besides me is looking forward to Zeke. :) I wonder, should I post some previews?
Left the modding forums

#42 AE-Shadow-Huntress

AE-Shadow-Huntress
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:57 AM

Oh, yes you do! I'm really looking forward to Zeke. :wub:

It would be wonderful if you'd post some previews! ^_^ Don't feel pressured to if you don't want to, however. :D

Edited by AE-Shadow-Huntress, 23 May 2010 - 02:58 AM.

#43 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

I think it would be a good idea. I don't live with proofreaders or grammar nazis. :doh: Previews coming up as soon as I gather up the courage. :P
Left the modding forums

#44 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:16 AM

:cheers:

#45 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:26 AM

Wantz banterz wid cernd n wolfy-forme!1!! :crazy: (talk about cats-n-dogz :devil:)

Of course, take your time :) We lurk ...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#46 -blackshadows-

-blackshadows-

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:35 AM

What?! A Leopard love? :lol: It's...wonderful! I can't wait for this...Great idea, Phobia!

#47 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hey, don't be afraid, we don't bite. I thought that was Zeke's job :P Jokes aside, this sounds like a very interesting NPC. Previews would be great!
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#48 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone! :D *is happy* Now I need to decide what to put up for preview. Probably some banters and romance stuff, wouldn't you agree?

Edit: And thanks to my stubbornness and endless writing, I finished the bulk of Zeke's dialogue!!~!!! :D ^_^ :P :lol: 8) All that's left are a few flirts and the ToB part. Previews coming soon. I'm reviewing them intensely.

Edited by Phobia, 26 May 2010 - 05:41 AM.

Left the modding forums

#49 AE-Shadow-Huntress

AE-Shadow-Huntress
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:07 AM

Definitely some romantic stuff! :wub: And some banter would be a good idea too! :lol:

Wow! You've almost finished writing it all! *is in awe* :Bow: So we won't even have to wait long till a release! ^_^

#50 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

That much?! Awesome! Cernd banter would be cool, but so would romance stuff :)
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#51 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

What can I say? Despite my busy life, I didn't spend these months doing nothing on the mod. ;) ^_^ Besides, it's just the SoA bits. It was easy to write, as I knew exactly where I was going with the whole idea. I still have the whole of ToB ahead of me! :lol:

So far I have
  • Minimum of 2 banters with all NPCs
  • The SoA Zeke romance (complete with all romance-related responses and encounters such as Bodhi, slayer change, etc)
  • First encounter with Zeke (leopard/human) and giving him the boot (leopard/human), and what happens after (meeting him again)
  • Most interjections and flirts

I don't have
  • Zeke-related quest or encounter (still thinking on that one, not very important)
  • ToB portion
  • Coding

Since Zeke requires more coding than a regular NPC, I wouldn't say he's close to release. :lol: *nervous giggle* I'm close enough, though. ^_^ Honestly I dread coding it up, so while I do that, I'm going to write more for a new mod. I love writing and it will give me a break from the dreaded IF_THEN_ELSEs! :D

Edited by Phobia, 26 May 2010 - 08:16 AM.

Left the modding forums

#52 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

I don't mean to discourage you, but if you begin work on a new mod with Zeke still uncoded, I'm afraid that poor Zeke will never get done. I'm never in favor of "write everything then code or find a coder" because the task of coding a massive mod is daunting even when you know what you're doing. It's better to write a little, code a little, test, write a little, code a little, test. Repeat as needed until the mod is done. And if you're looking to have someone else code it up, it isn't going to happen. Coders have their own projects.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#53 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

I knew that comment would bite me in the bum. :doh: All I can say is, it's a little too late for "write a little, code, then test" now. But I'll see what I can do.
Left the modding forums

#54 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

You can always chip away at the coding, taking short breaks to work on your other mod. That's the reason that Haldamir exists. I got sick of working on Gavin and created an 'anti-Gavin' to recharge my batteries. But writing be a short break from coding Zeke, not the other way around. It's better to have one finished mod than two dozen unfinished ones.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#55 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

Yes, well, that sounds like a healthy alternative while Zeke still gets finished. ^_^
Left the modding forums

#56 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

I coded up some of the basic necessary stuff needed to test Zeke. Things like a spawn script, first encounter, one banter, tp2 file... I just installed him on my game with WeiDU and met him. So far so good. ^_^
Left the modding forums

#57 AE-Shadow-Huntress

AE-Shadow-Huntress
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Glad to hear progress is being made! :lol:
Hope the coding doesn't prove too troublesome! ^_^

Edited by AE-Shadow-Huntress, 03 June 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#58 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Glad to hear progress is being made! :lol:
Hope the coding doesn't prove too troublesome! ^_^

It's terrible! :lol: However I seem to have gotten the hang of several aspects of it. Not nearly enough to make Zeke work like he should, though. :( I wish there was a program where you click buttons and it codes for you. ^_^
Left the modding forums

#59 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:37 AM

There would be a lot more mods out there if there were.

berelinde's mods

#60 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

That's very true. :) It might become a little crowded if that happens, but I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing. ^_^ Oh, and I coded more Zeke this past while! (yay) :hug:
Left the modding forums