• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

Interestingly, you can install Chores and Chores FF, run through the 1st 4 days worth of chores, tell Gorion "screw it, I don't wanna play any more" and he'll give you the chance to pick up the other options you didn't previously choose, along with the Boon of Lathander for a total of 9 new innates.

Edited by erebusant, 21 February 2010 - 12:30 AM.

It takes a village...

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

Interestingly, you can install Chores and Chores FF, run through the 1st 4 days worth of chores, tell Gorion "screw it, I don't wanna play any more" and he'll give you the chance to pick up the other options you didn't previously choose, along with the Boon of Lathander for a total of 9 new innates.

Glad someone found that besides me. :D
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

Hurr hurr hurr :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

Alchemy should be fixed once and for all in 1.12 so no one should have to use FF to get it. It was OK in some installations but some sort of script interruption was going on.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

Alchemy should be fixed once and for all in 1.12 so no one should have to use FF to get it. It was OK in some installations but some sort of script interruption was going on.

But see, the problem is that we can use the fast forward after we get all the rewards except one, and we get them all in the usage of the fast forward... so we get the abilities twice, instead of totaling to one of each. Or so I read, I never actually played the CtB so far... :lol:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

If someone wants to do all the chores and then do Fast Forward for the exploit, it is fine with me.

- King Diamond

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

I can't tell you how much I respect that attitude :crying: (tears of joy!!!)

Edited by Lollorian, 23 February 2010 - 05:35 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

If someone wants to do all the chores and then do Fast Forward for the exploit, it is fine with me.

If anyone actually does all the chores, they deserve the exploit. Cripes, they suck!

It takes a village...

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

:ROFL: But ... they're not that bad for the first 1-2 times, it's actually cool to see old the Candlekeep ... but after the second day, it gets a tad annoying :lol: (a bit of randomness/variety would be great for it :P)

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

:ROFL: But ... they're not that bad for the first 1-2 times, it's actually cool to see old the Candlekeep ... but after the second day, it gets a tad annoying :lol: (a bit of randomness/variety would be great for it :P)

Chores are supposed to be boring, that's why no one likes to do them and why charname complains to Gorion in dialog options.

- King Diamond

#11 Dilettante

Dilettante
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Speaking of the chores, I apparently posted this in the wrong forum. Here are some bugs/comments upon first playthrough:

1) During the flashback to Candlekeep, one of the monks you can speak to on the first floor tells you that one of the priests is dissecting animals. This script refers to a doppleganger in BG1.

2) For some reason, the cleric NPC Finch was not removed from my party when I began the flashback. As a result, if I click on Finch's portrait, I can return to Spellhold (although I can't interact with anything). The same is true of the Chaotic Neutral wizard/wild mage/sorceror(?) with the pet beholder who offers to join your party at the beginning of the Spellhold sequence. Both of these are mod NPCs.

3) Although my character could not cast spells or use special abilities at will, he *could* use them by script. When I woke up in the morning of day 2, my eight-year-old character cast *stoneskin* and *Melf's Minute Meteors*. This had no effect on the game, but was amusing.

4) Not a bug, but I found milking the cows to be counterintuitive. After clicking on one cow, I kept clicking on it, assuming that the messages meant I was making progress. Then, after I finally filled the pail, I turned back to the other cow I had clicked on once and discovered my pail was full - in other words, all my clicking had been in vain, but nothing (seemed?) to tell me in-game. I also found it very annoying to have to wait for the cows to 'refill', especially on day 2 when I had to milk the cows four times. (Having just heard about *four* days of chores I am not looking forward to this...)

5) It would be very cool if choosing to play with Imoen had some sort of advantage to it (perhaps there is, and it is just hidden?), or at least a cutscene that was referred to later in the game when you spoke with Imoen. Perhaps she could teach you a skill she'd just discovered, giving you a thief-like ability, or showed you something she'd spied on/found/stole, giving you a magical skill?

It's almost too bad this whole flashback wasn't the start of the game, before you even chose a character. It would be pretty cool to have your alignment, abilities or classes in the game reflect the choices you made here (with the ability to change them at the end of the scene, ala Oblivion/Fallout 3).

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Thanks.

1) Maybe something cosmetic only as the readers mostly say minor things. I'll look at the script though but I doubt that script would be used unless the reader was an enemy. ??

2) Never played with those two NPC but something tells me it should be a BGT compatibility fix for them as they should behave like every other NPC when they transition to BG2. If they are supposed to stay with you then the mod authors may have to work out a compatibility patch for CtB (chores). Or it may be something going wrong in AR0602.BCS. I'll need some assistance from those mod authors though.

3) BP series or something? I could change that easily.

4) Do we need 20 more lines of dialog for cow milking? Wait or use the innate power after your first day of chores which is tracking. I'll let you take it from there :lol:

5) The playing with her is just for fun (according to one of the perverts in Candlekeep ^_^ ) and I don't see the need for more innate abilities added to CtB and then having to add it to Fast Forward so everyone can get two :lol: . If you would like to make a mod with this content as an add on for CtB, I encourage it but I am remaining true to the original mod and fixing things (trying to) that are broken.

Fallout 3

You struck a note in my heart. "Dadda"

I am not sure how hard or easy it could/would be to alter the beginning of BG1 (in a BGT game). Cool idea!

- King Diamond