DA: Awakening Launch Party Thread

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Yes, mine's shipped now - due to arrive on the 22nd (since I opted for the free postage...which is slower). Just as well really as I'm visiting my sick mother this weekend.

Kulyok, do you happen to know if
Spoiler

Edited by Cal Jones, 18 March 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#22 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'll be waiting until next month before buying; I'm deep into ME atm and I'd like to finish that first.

-Y-

#23 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Cal Jones RE: I think not. I only saw Oghren, Nathaniel Howe and Justice, though - and all except Oghren are at their highest approval. I vaguely suspect that
Spoiler
, but that's all.

Edited by Kulyok, 18 March 2010 - 12:40 PM.

#24 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

What kind of gear does Oghren come with? Is there any point in importing over his full Legion of the Dead armor set?

#25 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

Well I seen Oghren wearing the legion armor.

Nothing like starting the game nekkid. :P
Posted Image

#26 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

They all wear full sets of clothes: belt, rings, amulet. Oghren has a two-handed axe and the Legion of the Dead armor, yes. It's pretty much as good as good Origins gear, but things like Spellward Amulet or Lifegiver Ring or the best Origins belt/staff/Maric's arms are still much better than starting Awakening gear.

#27 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Regarding Anders:
Spoiler

Regarding Oghren
Spoiler

Winning approval seems almostcounter-intuitive.

Did find out a few things
Spoiler

zz_money doesn't seem to work, so if you're planning on cheating in gold, do it before you import your character. Of course, that may just be because my space-bar is being temperamental.

You can import a significantly underpowered warden without level advancement, so don't even think about importing a level 12 character, because they'll start the game at level 12. Since enemies scale, this probably won't be a big deal.

Edited by berelinde, 18 March 2010 - 10:25 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#28 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Approval:
Spoiler

#29 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

I must say that I've played for two evenings in a row, and I haven't seen Loghain yet(he's alive and at 100 approval in my Origins game; not that Origins approval carries over). I'd like to see the guy. I saw Wynne and Anora, though - well, Anora, obviously, as she is Queen in my game(and Alistair deserted the Grey Wardens).

#30 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

Wait, does it mean you *can* have romance with new NPCs? What about Alistair-PC relationship? Oo

#31 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

Still waiting for my copy (probably won't get here til Wednesday, after all), but I just discovered a special inventory item you can acquire in Awakening, while delving for info on the Dragon Age wiki. (minor spoilers)
Spoiler
I squealed in delight. That's it, that's the single item that made me tip from "mildly interested" to "absolutely psyched". I wonder what that says about me... ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#32 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

If you had a loving relationship in Origins, Alistair
Spoiler

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#33 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

The gift you mentioned is very lovely, Eleima! I loved the conversation which triggered it. And it is mentioned in banters, too - and
Spoiler

I haven't seen Alistair, myself. I wish there was more than one cameo! Ah well. For some reason, I thought that the game begins in the palace and Alistair gives you the quest: alas, it seems I was wrong. I've heard this about Alistair's cameo:
Spoiler

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

My copy Awakening arrived earlier today, but I haven't gotten around installing it yet though.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Archmage Silver, 19 March 2010 - 09:02 AM.

#35 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

My copy arrived today too, but I'm reluctant to install it because of the "broken" 1.03 patch, as I still have some unfinished games I want to complete at some point. But I play mostly rogues, and if stealing is broken........

I'm quite content to finish those games first then install, unless they put out a fix, which, knowing Bioware of recent games (ME springs to mind), is unlikely any time soon.

#36 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

I forgot that I recieved Bregan's Bow from my preorder. You actually download two versions (one for origin and other for awakening) which I didn't expect.

Bow Screenshot

#37 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

That's nice, I didn't get anything myself. I found this article on the pre-order items.

#38 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Zander - with you on that one. My copy arrived today (I was expecting it Monday) but I'm loathe to install it until I'm finished with my current game because I've heard a lot of people are having horrible crashing problems.
Origins did CTD a bit with me to start with but was stable after 1.02, so I'm a bit concerned about 1.03.
Anyone here have any problems?

#39 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Apparently Alienware is having a giveaway of an exclusive bonus item "Bulwark of the True King" for North American Dragon Age players (PC only).

#40 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

Just noticed another little gift from Bioware - the game I was playing when I tried out the 1.03 patch is broken. The character screen Heroic Accomplishments has not updated since Lothering, showing that the highest level character I've killed was a bandit leader! It has completely forgotten that I Killed Gazzarath and the Ogre, and nothing any of the party has done in Mages Circle, Brecilian Forest, Honnleath and Soldiers Peak has been recorded, apart from Wynne's first kill at the circle. I'm not best pleased, because that was my first reasonably good mage game.

I uninstalled the game completely, and reinstalled it up to 1.02, just before Mages Circle, so I'm not reaally happy about having to go back to Lothering. I'm almost tempted to play Oblivion again.