Photo

SOS

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vail of the Winds

Vail of the Winds
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

I have just added the Darkest Day and : Shadows over Soubar to my BG adventuring. I have I am Vail of the Winds,and have Sarh, Bolivar, Vesine, Robillard. and Yoshimo in my party. I have paid Gaelen,and headed for the Umar Hills Inn. During the screen cuts right after the inn is cleared out my game will go no further. it freezes but you can still here the background sounds. I am in multi-player mode. can you tell me what is happening, also I tryed to find the Paranoid Salesman in the Five Flagons Inn.and he wasn't their.
Please give me some help.

Edited by Vail of the Winds, 08 March 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

I have just added the Darkest Day and : Shadows over Soubar to my BG adventuring. I have I am Vail of the Winds,and have Sarh, Bolivar, Vesine, Robillard. and Yoshimo in my party. I have paid Gaelen,and headed for the Umar Hills Inn. During the screen cuts right after the inn is cleared out my game will go no further. it freezes but you can still here the background sounds. I am in multi-player mode. can you tell me what is happening, also I tryed to find the Paranoid Salesman in the Five Flagons Inn.and he wasn't their.
Please give me some help.

Can you please post the contents of your WEIDU log which is a text document located in your BGII - SoA folder.

I want to make sure you have compatible mods and the correct versions :)

EDIT: You have to talk to Selence to get the key for the appropriate items to progress whether you talk to Ceeb or Gaelan.

Edited by Hoppy, 08 March 2010 - 10:53 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

Erhm, Post the content of your WeiDU.log, it can be opened with Notepad, so do that and copy paste the content.

If you play as the only player in the multi-player game, you can always copy the save from the 'mpsave' folder to the 'save' in your game folder and play with the pre-made team in the single player game.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 -Vail of the Winds-

-Vail of the Winds-

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

Thanks so much, here in the text log you wanted. Cheers, Vail
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Longhaired Female Elven Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Female Cleric and Druid Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Male Half-Orc Paperdoll
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Longhaired Female Human Fighter Avatars in Full Plate Armor
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Male Human Barbarian Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Male Human Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Female Human Mage Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Male Monk)
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Ninja Avatars (replaces Female Monk)
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Female Human Rogue Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Male Vampire Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install Female Vampire Avatars
~MOINESSEAVATARS/MOINESSEAVATARS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Use Male Vampire Avatars for Human Male Thieves
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sensible weapon restrictions for MODS
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Nerfed Spells (Iron/Stoneskin)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Throwing Spears
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #12 // New Armour (Scale, Banded, and Field Plate)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Sensible weapon restrictions for SoA (non-mod weapons)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Sensible weapon restrictions for ToB (non-mod weapons)
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #16 // SoA Anomen's new proficiencies (Long Sword, Spear, Xbow)] [Requires Sensible Weapons for SoA
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #17 // ToB Anomen's new proficiencies (Long Sword, Spear, Xbow)] [Requires Sensible Weapons for ToB
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #20 // SoA Keldorn's new proficiencies (Crossbow becomes Spear)] [Requires Sensible Items for SoA
~SETUP-ASHESOFEMBERS.TP2~ #0 #21 // ToB Keldorn's new proficiencies (Crossbow becomes Spear)] [Requires Sensible Items for ToB
~CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chloe NPC mod: v1.4.1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.12
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.12
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SARAHTOB/SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB: 3.0
~SETUP-SOS-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #5
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Shadows Over Soubar"
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #8 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De?Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector?s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #3 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

~SETUP-SOS-FIX1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v105 WeiDU - PATCH #5

:blink: Why in the big fatty cheese would you install such a fix? I am quite sure it's for the SoS v1.05, not for SoS v1.12...

Desides that, you also need the (G3)BG2Fixpack, and the BP-BGT-Worldmap to get to all the areas, as you have both TDD and SoS, which change the worldmap, and thus over write each others changes.

You really should go with the standard install order. In this case the BiG World Project gives you the best chance of doing everything in the right order... and the BiG World Setup(v8.3). I would advice to use the 'Tactical Install' and then use the 'Further customization of your mod-settings' to remove most of the extra mod if you don't want to download, extract and install them(yeah, the BWS does that most of that automatically, after the first few steps that you can dictate what it should do). It won't install the Ashes of Embers... but your install in this is also faulty, as you installed the component #0 before any mods.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 March 2010 - 01:02 AM.

#6 Vail of the Winds

Vail of the Winds
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Thanks' so much, your a honey, Boy I really messed that up didn't I.

Should I uninstall the old patch, I downloaded it with the SOS, or should I have just gone with the SOS download, I did the same with TDD but didn't install the fix.

Now I have just download the BWS exe. and also the BWS setup v.8.3.1.-(Which of these sould I use?)- Plus I have the big picture download. I also have the Darkest Day & SOS downloads on my computer. Do I need the world map download and the bgfix from G3, or are all I need is in the big picture and the Big World setup?
Will I have to redue my install, or can I fix this with what I have all ready? When I activate the BWS setup will it use the zip or raw files of SOS TDD & BP on my computor or connet me to the right sits for download.
Pardon the dizzy Blonde here. :doh:

Edited by Vail of the Winds, 10 March 2010 - 10:00 PM.

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Which of these sould I use?

It doesn't matter...

I also have ...

My advice is to put everything BG2 mod(the .rar archives etc.) related into a folder called BiG World Downloads, uninstall the whole game, clean up the install directory and then install the game into "C:\BWS\BGII - SoA", then put the "BiG World Downloads" directory to the BWS directory, and then run "Big World setup.exe" in the desktop which extacts the BiG World Setup.vbs into the "C:\BWS\BGII - SoA"... You really should read the answers 1-5 from here, before you do a thing.

#8 Vail of the Winds

Vail of the Winds
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Which of these sould I use?

It doesn't matter...

I also have ...

My advice is to put everything BG2 mod(the .rar archives etc.) related into a folder called BiG World Downloads, uninstall the whole game, clean up the install directory and then install the game into "C:\BWS\BGII - SoA", then put the "BiG World Downloads" directory to the BWS directory, and then run "Big World setup.exe" in the desktop which extacts the BiG World Setup.vbs into the "C:\BWS\BGII - SoA"... You really should read the answers 1-5 from here, before you do a thing.

Thanks again, One more thing though Here are my downloads it have (Check to see if I need anything else;

SOA & TOB patch encluded with cd's
G3BGFix
Chloe:
Sarah:
Moinesse's Avatars
sos
tdd
tod
planersphere-return & mod26b
teleport spell
exnemvault
BIG WORLD SETUP
AJOCSMINMOD/WEIDU
Should I use the big picture install I download from (Dragronshoard) I read that it could cause touble.
What else Do I need

Cheers, Vail

Edited by Vail of the Winds, 11 March 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Should I use the big picture install I download from (Dragronshoard) I read that it could cause touble.

No, the BiG World Setup program will dopwnload everything you'll need, it's not an installer. It's a setup program; it will download, extract and will enable the BiG World Install.bat to install everything. Read this message... and it's links.

The Dragonhoard is the most outdated of the download link pages. This is far better.

:rolleyes: And you did not read the answer #3, did you.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 March 2010 - 12:11 AM.

#10 Vail of the Winds

Vail of the Winds
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hello, this is Vail again: I hope this is the right place for this Forum
First, Thanks so much for all your help. Now that my flight Nurse duties all winding down I have got back to gaming.
I did the new install and have the Big World Map.(This I installed Last)I converted my saved games as per Wiedu instructions.
Now, I have a new problem, I omitted SOS from the install, and just went the TDD. Now when ever I talk to; or get the the correct maps, I get a message that says:
"your World map has been updated": But when Vail and her friends go to jump, their is no target. Only Sharptooth Pass, Watchers Keep (ie) Umber hills,ect"if talked to". All show up as reachable in blue, but they are in the Sea of swords or in the water regions. Should they be there,or is something not right?
Possiblies:
Start a New Game:
Start the TDD quest in chapter six
Vail started hers after talking to Galen,(to sort of raise the money)
In short I can't get any of the TDD areas to show up on my map;
My Charture Vail is 13th Level{GOOD) Banshee KIT selfmade, of neurtal
alingment
Any help would be greatful

Edited by Vail of the Winds, 13 April 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

Hello, this is Vail again: I hope this is the right place for this Forum
First, Thanks so much for all your help. Now that my flight Nurse duties all winding down I have got back to gaming.
I did the new install and have the Big World Map.(This I installed Last)I converted my saved games as per Wiedu instructions.
Now, I have a new problem, I omitted SOS from the install, and just went the TDD. Now when ever I talk to; or get the the correct maps, I get a message that says:
"your World map has been updated": But when Vail and her friends go to jump, their is no target. Only Sharptooth Pass, Watchers Keep (ie) Umber hills,ect"if talked to". All show up as reachable in blue, but they are in the Sea of swords or in the water regions. Should they be there,or is something not right?
Possiblies:
Start a New Game:
Start the TDD quest in chapter six
Vail started hers after talking to Galen,(to sort of raise the money)
In short I can't get any of the TDD areas to show up on my map;
My Charture Vail is 13th Level{GOOD) Banshee KIT selfmade, of neurtal
alingment
Any help would be greatful

Something isn't right and since this does not involve Shadows Over Soubar, it should not be in the Shadows Over Soubar forums. The best Darkest Day support would be in the Mega Mod Help forum since TDD does not have its own forum. As usual please post your weidu log in the megamod help forum and TDD 1.13 version is the most current although you wouldn't have this problem with 1.12 I don't think.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant