Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v9.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#621 Adanu

Adanu
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Ok, just found out (thanks for clarifying this... really....) that gpedit.msc is *not* available in home edition. If I had known that, I would have saved myself a couple days of looking here and tried again.

So, I can't get the thing to actually work it seems?

#622 -jamoecw-

-jamoecw-

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

i did a standard install, and it ended up installing ascalons quest pack, and thus i have plenty of german text in my game, can i manually uninstall this mod?

#623 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

Can't do it if you want to use your save-game.
If you want to restart the game, doing so may take a few hours.
Make sure to tell the installer to leave out foreign mods if you don't want them.

! For an installation only in English also press the key L (SL, TL).

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#624 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

My BWP setup says I should download Secret of Bonehill 2.4 and patch 2.45... after that it couldnt find link for the patch... I then found newer version of Bonehil 2.75 without patch. I tried updating links in BWP setup but again it offered old version. Can I download it manualy and put in BWP download folder? Will setup install new version afterwards?

#625 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Doh... Crap. I added a subfolder while packing the last update, so those updates were "lost".
You can solve that by starting the BWS, let it fetch the fresh program-update.

#626 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

I started the BWS and updated it, but again it offers 2.40 version. So i am totaly confused now. Can I just manualy unpack the mod in BG II folder ? Will it be intalled later with install bat?

#627 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Huh? Delete the BWS-folder, delete the BWS_* files from the download-folder and start the BWS again.
Then it should fetch the file and update properly.

#628 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

It worked !!! Thank you :) only drawback of this is that I must tick mod checkboxes again :( ahh nevermind. ps. one more question, after the setup downloades files can I manualy change some components, I mean edit install bat prior the runing of installation. Or this will ruin instalation run by setup. This is my first installation by setup so I dont know.

#629 -Bulldogc-

-Bulldogc-

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

The mod that downlevels npcs so you can level them as you see fit seems to drop their xp to around where mine is(not exactly but close) but doesnt reduce their levels. Is This a fixible issue?

#630 -Bulldogc-

-Bulldogc-

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

Also I keep getting an error popup on zoneing
An assertio failed in CGameArea.cpp at line number 5198 programmer says: creature file not found PORTAL

#631 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

I've done a few forum searches and couldn't find anything. I might just be missing it, so I'll just ask.

Is there anyway to adjust the settings of your widescreen mod?

Thank you.

#632 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

You need to enter your screen resolution into the Install.bat or the BWSetup (if you use that :)) when they ask you before beginning the install ... by settings, you mean resolution right?? :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#633 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yes, resolution. I have already set up the BWP project and have been playing the game for quite some time. The only issue being that I got a new monitor today and it's max resolution is totally different than what I had previously set.

Do I still follow the information you posted to reinstall and correct the resolution?

Thanks.

Edited by ARedFox, 01 December 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#634 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Oh that makes things different!

Instead of reinstalling, look for a setup-widescreen.exe in your BGII-SoA folder, run it, choose a language and [R]einstall it with the resolution that you need :D (should take a while to re-biff everything though :P ... although less time than a full reinstall of the BWP)

Edited by Lollorian, 01 December 2010 - 08:27 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#635 -Mavin-

-Mavin-

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hi, I've downloaded and gotten everything up to the Big World Install.Bat portion.

It keeps freezing at various stages of the cmd screen portion.

Usually either at Copying files portion or saving to some various xxx.rej file

#636 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

Lollorian, thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

#637 -Sano-

-Sano-

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

I am wondering. Is there a way to manually change components of certain mods. There are a few options in SCSII i do not like, and same in xpmod. How would i go about if i wanted to change them before installation instead of having to do it after, and messing up the whole thing?

#638 -Gwayne-

-Gwayne-

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

I am also unable to make a new game. Please help.
The messages I have are:
---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------
CDerivedStats_NumAttacksShortToFloat(): Number of attacks out of range (255)
ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8451FD File: ObjAnimation.cpp Line: 19937 Ex
pression: FALSE Message: (null)
ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjAnimation.cpp
Line: 19937

Exp: FALSE

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

Alright, I can live with starting a new char. However, even when making a new game, the game still crashes. The error log contains:

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjAnimation.cpp
Line: 19937

Exp: FALSE

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

#639 -Sano-

-Sano-

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:09 AM

Another problem has risen. Now i cant rest without the game freezing. Its always one problem after the other.

#640 -Sano-

-Sano-

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

Also i have this question regarding SCSII mod in BWP. When installing this mod, the difficulty level of the component "Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings" is set to the highest, why is this and how can i change it without any complications?