Photo

The Rogue Class Switching Mod (Bard to Thief and vice versa)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

-Thank You Very Much Iroumen :D .
Quo Vadis ?

#22 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

Gotcha! Thanks man! :D (avid MXL+PlugY+Glidewrapper player here ^_^)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#23 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

With regard to refreshing the buttons. Nothing outside of reselection works. So:

This doesn't seem to work: applying effect 214 - Select Spell on the character
- Statement pending more investigations. I never got any of the options to work with this.

This works: ActionOverride( etc, MakeUnselectable(1))
- Last time I said I couldn't get it to work, I didn't try actionoverride (stupid!). It works with the override part.

This doesn't work: EquipRanged() or EquipmMostDamagingMelee()
- Equips but no button refresh, just a weaponswitch. It does cancel bardsong though, but you can press bardsong again before reselecting your character rendering the action rather futile.

This doesn't work: applying effect 111 - Create Magical Weapon for 1 second
- Only conjures the weapon but does not refresh the button bar. Besides, it overrides other magically created weapons such as the custom ability or created by a item/spell/polymorph.

I will try a few of the other suggestions and in a few days I will upload a version where at least the MakeUnselectable is incorporated.

PS: thanks again for these suggestions.

Edited by lroumen, 26 May 2010 - 11:15 PM.

#24 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

I'm afraid the only way to refresh buttons is to click on your character, but there are scripting actions to do this for you - DoubleClickLButtonObject(O:Target*,I:ScrollSpeed*Scroll) and others. This will work (this time I'm 100% sure ;) ) but it will allso move the screen to put your character in the center, little annoying, but I think it's better than making him unselectable. Use "instant" (or 0) for "I:ScrollSpeed*Scroll".

About effect 111, it seems this trick works only for simulacrum type creatures (or maybe for creatures that are not in your party), to refresh buttons after using effects Disable/Enable Button.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#25 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

I think it would be better if the screen wasn't moved around rather than making the character unselectable. I guess there's a good and bad thing about both options.
Maybe ClickLButtonObject will already do the job too. It would be fun to see if that action has an effect in the game :rolleyes: .

#26 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

I can tell you what it does. Its worser than double click, cuz it not only moves the screen, but it moves it so that your character is in top left corner. 

Edited by Kwiat_W, 27 May 2010 - 05:59 AM.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#27 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

I guess the iesdp needs an update :)
I'll check the options. You're welcome for all the help.

#28 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

DoubleClickLButtonObject() is a salvation to fixing the button bar. This will definately be in the next version.

I have also noticed that restoration does not work and I am implementing a different fix for the bard-spell-slots-not-being-gained-when-you-level-as-a-thief problem.

Future mod will have the following fix:
When you level as a thief and switch into a bard, you lose your switching ability and lose 1 level. This makes your bard-part give you a "level up" star. If you level up you will regain your thief switching ability.
Problems with this method:
- additional HP (which is countered by me deducting 6 or 2 HP from your character in case of level <10 or >10).
- additional weapon prof stars may appear if you level at a certain point (where the thief and bad gain a prof star). Look at it as a bonus. You'll have the availability of many weapons anyway and you only get 1 star prof max anyway, so I don't think this is very imbalancing.
At least it will be an elegant fix for the bard wizard spell slot and you don't have to wait until you level up later on.
I have to test it thoroughly, but a quick test shows that this can work. Now to make it bug-free.

#29 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

- additional weapon prof stars may appear if you level at a certain point (where the thief and bad gain a prof star). Look at it as a bonus. You'll have the availability of many weapons anyway and you only get 1 star prof max anyway, so I don't think this is very imbalancing.

Wouldn't you get extra HLAs as well with this method?

Also: have you tried level draining the character and then having Restoration cast on him?

Edited by the bigg, 09 June 2010 - 06:03 AM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#30 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Wouldn't you get extra HLAs as well with this method?

Also: have you tried level draining the character and then having Restoration cast on him?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was at a conference this week. I was able to get the delevel and relevel to work and I am trying to figure out a work-around for the HLAs (as in keeping track and removing all and regaining all), but that is also not very trivial. Not to mention that if you have none of the HLAs memorised, you will regain them all memorised. I think that overcoming the inconvenience is more a problem than a fix. I've been working on it quite some time, but when I come up with a new fix, another problem arises.

I have at some point tried level drain followed by restoration, but I could not get it to work. It seems you need to manually level up to gain the spell slots. Weird.

Edited by lroumen, 14 June 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#31 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

I uploaded a new file encompassing the fix for the button bar, a fix for the bard spell slots and a fix for TOB behaviour.
Coming back to slayer and other polymorphs. There seems to be no compatibility issues for these spells. The button bar refreshes appropriately.

For the next version I will have to figure out how to use different install modes with weidu and how to recode the whole thing to use invisible creatures as to not flood the baldur.bcs file with lots of code (tip from Jarno).
Other suggestions are welcome.