Photo

Known Issues v4.1 (post bug reports here)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

@bwlf: Could you post save game? This might be something Qwinn could have a look at.

@Gilmar: I don't think anything is suppose to spawn in there. Do you happen to have saved game with zombie?

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#102 -Annoyed-

-Annoyed-

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Quint... (yes I know his SN is Qwinn)

How are we supposed to email you the debug reports when the only instance of an email is in the dos command window telling us to email you the debug report?

I recently purchased PS:T through GameStop Digital Download service, Impulse. And wanted to add the fix, tweak, and ub packs. And after some... effort, managed to get the game to install somewhere other than program files. So, having finally gotten that ordeal accomplished, I moved on to install the packs. I did install the fix pack first, then the tweak, the ub mod, and the wide screen mods (both halves) I think... this is where I messed up. I forget why, or maybe I just thought I hadn't ran it yet, I ran the fix pack again. But when I did it came up with an error, something about a flag for some message about being use for only some xoa dude (don't remember the name) So, panicking, I selected the uninstall option. Then I tried to reinstall the fix pack (by running it again, and selecting install) and it keeps coming up with the same flag.

I'm guessing there some thing in your fix pack that notes whether or not a prior installation is there. But when one either tries to reinstall the fix pack, or uninstall it, it doesn't remove that notifier... and thus prevents any and all other installations (or reinstallations) of the fix pack.

If someone can provide an address to email him the debug report, that would be nice. Don't know why he didn't see fit to list it anywhere else so people could actually... you know, email him the debug reports, but it would be convenient to have a means by which I can could converse with Qwinn about the problem.

#103 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

@Annoyed:
Please follow the guide sticked in this forum.

http://www.shsforums...allation-guide/

I would recommend trashing your existing install, starting with a clean install of game and then following the guide.

Edited by scient, 02 March 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#104 -Dreay-

-Dreay-

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yeah... that's what I ended up doing... then I went and installed the mods backwards... so I had to un-install, and get rid of the PS:T folder, again... before reinstalling it one more time. I followed the guide this time. ... one thing they should probably add to the guide... tweaks and ub setup.exe won't run if you're anti-virus identifies them as maleware. (aka, disable anti-virus software... especially if its AVG (and mine's the 2012 premium version to boot))

#105 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I would recommend submitting exe's to AVG so they can fix the false positives. They're not flagged in nod32.

#106 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hello,

I'm experiencing a wierd issue with Morte's THAC0, which has recently extended to Fall-From-Grace as well. I have no idea what could possibly determine it.

Here is my WeiDU.log:

Spoiler

The issue is as follows: Morte's THAC0 suddenly worsened for no apparent reason while in Sigil. I had already completed all tasks and I was ready to enter Ravel's Maze, when I thought I'd go hunting Glabrezus to get ahold of the nifty items. Morte's THAC0 was perfectly fine. During the Glabrezu hunt, at an unspecified moment, it received a severe penalty. Base THAC0 was 7, actual THAC0 was 10. With Ingress' teeth (+3 enchantment), actual THAC0 was 7, same as Base THAC0.

Now I've just talked to Fhjull Forked-Tongue, and Morte's Base THAC0 is 6. His actual THAC0 is 15 (12 with Ingress' teeth). Fall-From-Grace has Base THAC0 10, actual THAC0 12. This is the first time the issue manifests with her as well. All other characters are perfectly fine.

It is not the first time I experience this issue. Last time I played Ps:T, some two years ago, I was ready to leave Sigil and I was going through the Modron Maze for the sake of powergaming. Morte's THAC0 suddenly exhibited the behavior written above. The game was modded but I can't recall the version of the mods. I do remember that they were the same, though: Fixpack, Tweakpack, UB, widescreen and UI. Back then I had to stop the game so I never got to the point it affected Fall-From-Grace or anyone else, too.

I can provide you with a savegame that has the issue upon request.

What can I do to solve this?

#107 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Have you tried killing them and resurrecting them to see if THAC0 hit is still there? Could you upload a saved game somewhere? I can try to see what effects are stacked onto them causing hit.

#108 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi scient,

thanks for your reply. I should be able to try killing and resurrecting them tomorrow. I'll report back here with the result and, if it doesn't work, a link where to download one of my saves.

#109 2xCut

2xCut
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

I've recently completed PS:T with the newest versions of the Fixpack, Unfinished Business, and Tweaks (all the recommended settings). There were a couple of minor issues every now and then that happened too randomly for me to confirm, but these two I'm pretty sure about:

1. Clerk's Ward completed, before entering Ravel's Maze. Once I'd got everything I wanted out of Fall-from-Grace I removed her from the party. So by the time I completed all the quests in Clerk's Ward I had a party of 4 characters. I was about to hit the maze when I decided to visit the brothel once again because I thought I missed something. And then, BAM! All of a sudden Fall-from-Grace joins my party without prior notice. All I did was enter the brothel (where I left her when I removed her). Not a big issue but it shouldn't happen. I tried this a couple of times, and this occured 2/3 times. I have no idea why it didn't happen for the third time.

2. This is probably wrong place to post this, but with the UB's Extended Deionarra Truth mod installed, when I got to the point where TNO has to solo two demons in UnderSigil it didn't register one of them as a kill (no exp, no game progress). I cast Enoll Eva's Duplication on TNO and then used Meteor Bombardment and Mechanus Cannon. I think that somehow killed the first demon, I got the exp, but the other one was still alive. So I cast Meteor Bombardment again, IIRC, but it was already running away, something glitched up and when the demon fell down to the ground I got no exp points and couldn't progress further in the game. This only happaned once to me, I reloaded and it worked fine. I know this is not much, but I think Eva's Duplication is somewhat glitching with those high-level spells and may require looking into. I had several other issues with that spell, I had no idea what was going on most of the time because animations take long time and other things sometimes overflow with them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't -- when you expect your TNO to cast a second Meteor Bombardment, there's a chance he just won't (and no, he's not getting hit or anything).

I can't provide savestates, sorry :(. I've recently had a system failure and lost most of my game data.

Edited by 2xCut, 14 May 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#110 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi scient,

I wanted to report that killing and resurrecting Morte and Fall-From-Grace was successful. The issue has seemingly disappeared and their THAC0 is back to normal. I'm still at a loss as to what caused the issue in the first place, but that's a merely academic matter right now. I'll keep you posted should the issue strike back (hopefully not). Thanks again for your help!

#111 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Since killing them and resurrecting worked, that means it was some temp effect that some how timer got bugged. The only thing I can think of was were you ever hit with Ice Knife spell? That will cause THAC0 to degrade like that (basically THAC0 debuff never goes away). I did fix this for next update of fixpack. If you weren't hit with Ice Knife, I'd be curious to poke around your saved game to see if I can find cause.

#112 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hi scient,

it is quite likely that it was the Ice Knife spell, though I can't remember for sure. I should still possess a few saves with the worsened THAC0; if you'd like them, I'll upload them somewhere and post a link :)

#113 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I thought I'd make a note that all three packages have been updated and can be downloaded (Fixpack v4.13, UB v4.12, Tweak Pack v4.12). None of the changes will break existing saved games so you can update on top of existing installs. All three packages now include French translations thanks to efforts of mirandir and Zyl. Also, thanks to Graoumf for helping me coordinate updating packages to include French translation.

As for patches, they're mostly engine fixes since that's my area of expertise with only one minor non-engine edit to fix typo that was pointed out in this thread (wretch/retch for Hive Drunk). The fixpack has patches to solve the "Ice Knife" THAC0 bug, fix to Luck spell crash (my mistake), and resolving the crash on exit for Vista/Win7 users.

The UB pack has new sounds restored for TNO/Annah when they detect traps using their thief abilities. Also, I fixed bug in restored "locked" sound set where it would be voiced even when being unlocked with key. Minor, but still something that I overlooked.

As for Tweak pack, the requested ability to wear Dustman Robes anywhere has been added. The method implemented is much "cleaner" than platter's haxie workaround. More details inside readme.

If you run into any problems, please still report them. I may not have much time to work on this as I have in past (plus what left to fix is dwindling) but I still take note of any reports.

Edited by scient, 05 August 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#114 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks scient for continuing to make this great game even greater! :clap:

#115 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thank you for these updates, scient. :)
For french players and for mirandir! :)

#116 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

It seems that 4.13 doesn't install with the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology version of the game. Maybe it's because it has a changed torment.exe (doesn't requiere disc).

#117 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

That shouldn't be an issue (modified cd check). Could you post a copy of exe + weidu log someplace so I can have a look?

#118 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Ok, I guess I had another issue then, maybe backwards compatibility with the fixpack. After a fresh installation I could apply the fixpack without problems. But thanks for your advice, I hadn't tried it again without it. :-)

#119 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

You should be able to install v4.13 on top of v4.12 so must be something got glitched. Regardless, glad you got it working! :)

#120 -Bwah-

-Bwah-

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello! A while back I decided to play Planescape Torment and stumbled across the FixPack/Tweak Pack/Unfinished Business patches and installed them (they were v2.xx at the time, iirc). I played the game, everything worked great, but I stopped playing due to real life. Fast-forward several months to the present and I decide I am finally going to finish the game...just for the heck of it, I decide to check on the FixPack and was surprised to see it's been updated to v4.13. So, long story short, I uninstalled all the patches (in reverse order of installation), then installed the newer patches (in order, that is, Fix Pack, then Tweak Pack, then Unfinished Business). Since it's been a while since I last played, I decided to start a new game so as to refresh my memory about the game story.

Game starts, everything works fine, seemingly...I leave the Mortuary with no problems. After talking to a Dustman, he asks me to enter the Mausoleum, I think it was, and find out why the dead are rising. Ok, this is where I noticed a problem. Basically, the game SHOWS, on screen, how much experience you are awarded per kill. HOWEVER, I am not given the full amount shown (for example, a skeleton or a zombie = 65 exp. points...my Total Experience only goes up by 35, not 65 like it should). Giant skeletons are supposed to give 175 exp. points, but they do NOT give the full amount either. At this point, it's starting to look like the game is giving you LESS experience than supposed to for every enemy (though I just started a new game and am not very far into it, I've seen this problem with all enemies so far, including Dustmen). It looks like the game is only giving around 50% of the actual experience points you're supposed to get...needless to say, this is...uh, kind of disturbing in a game like this. It's like the game is artificially made more difficult, since it takes about twice as long to level up playing like this.

Alright, then I figured I just might need to do a clean reinstall of the game, so I wipe out everything and proceed to do a clean reinstall, followed by the accepted installation [install game - update to v1.1 - install Fix Pack - install Tweak Pack - install Unfinished Business]. Started the game and it fired right up, seemingy fine, so I started *another* new game. I initially start out at level 3, with 6000 Total Experience points. I killed the zombie to get his key, the screen displays "65 Exp.", so I immediately check my stats and see that, again, I have only been given 35 points instead of 65 (my Total Experience was, initially, at 6000, so killing a zombie for 65 points should have put me at 6,065 points, but I only had 6,035 points instead). Ok, I then ran upstairs to, uh, introduce a Dustman to the True Death and I was then SHOWN, on-screen, 15 exp. points awarded. I opened up the stats screen and saw that, instead of having 6,050 exp. points (6035 + 15=6050), I only had 6,043 (in other words, it only gave me 8 exp. points instead of the full 15).

Now then, here's my question: does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'm fully convinced my installation was perfect, as I followed the installation guide (that, and the game works, plus it's a clean install). I'm not using any cheats either, just those 3 patches (FIx Pack, Tweak Pack, and Unfinished Business, and only the "Recommended" options). My OS is 64-bit VIsta, but that shouldn't matter since the game works fine (aside from the experience quirk). Does this happen in the unpatched game? I don't know, to tell the truth...I can't imagine playing the game without these patches, as it's so much better with them, so I never even thought of checking the experience gain on an unpatched game. I can't imagine the Fix Pack being at fault, but I'm at a loss here. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

In case it helps, here's my WeiDu.log file:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // PS:T Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack, by Qwinn: v4.13
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Dialogue Spelling/Grammar Corrections (English Only): v4.13
~SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Subtitled Cutscenes: v4.13
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Banter Accelerator? If so, Choose interval between banters. -> Interparty Banter Every 6 game hours (30 minutes) <Recommended>: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Dustman Robes Area Restriction Removal: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #22 // BG2-Style THAC0 Display: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Stackable Rings, Charms, Bracelets, Scrolls: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Scale of Souls: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Save Nordom! Tweak: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #24 // Disabled Stat Minimums: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Maximized HP Per Level for TNO and Party: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Maximized Friends Spell: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components: v4.12
~SETUP-PST-UB.TP2~ #0 #50 // Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod: v4.12

If anyone can shed some light as to what's going on and how I can fix this weird experience quirk, I'd appreciate it. As it is now, I'm really reluctant to continue playing the game. If this is normal (though I can't imagine that actually being the case), I guess I'll just have to deal with it and continue my game as it is. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)