Photo

Known Issues v4.1 (post bug reports here)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 -Bwah-

-Bwah-

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well, this is frustrating. I decided to reinstall the entire game yet *again*, thinking the no-cd patch might be causing problems, so I reinstalled WITHOUT using the no-cd patch, and then applied all the patches (Fix Pack, Tweak Pack, Unfinished Business). It still does the same thing, gives me less experience points than shown on screen. To check if the problem lies with any of the patches (Fix Pack/Tweak Pack/UB), I did another clean reinstall and, this time, I ONLY updated my 4-cd game to v1.1. I then immediately ran the game and started ANOTHER new game...sigh...and it's still giving less experience points than shown on screen (and this is the original, v1.1 version only, without any other patches).

This tells me that there's nothing wrong with any of the patches here (Fix Pack/Tweak Pack/UB), but something's definitely screwed up in the original files. That's too bad, the game is incredibly well written (from what I've seen, anyway), and lots of fun. Come to think of it, I do recall the game being an uber grind-fest back when I played it, and I always felt it took too long to level up. That's also part of the reason I stopped playing it back then. To be honest, though, it never occured to me to check the experience gain until today. Yeah, it's a bit of a downer, but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and tough it out...the game is definitely worth playing.

Thanks, and sorry about the long posts :)

#122 -Bwah-

-Bwah-

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Arggh! I can't believe I forgot! I actually sat down and figured out this experience problem way back when I first started playing Planescape Torment. The game is dividing up the experience among your party, that's all. So, of course, if you kill a monster worth 175 exp. and there's two party members, each party member is going to get less than 175. The more party members you have, the worse it gets. I remember that struck me as unusual at the time, as most RPG's grant each character that same amount of experience. Well, at least now I know what's going on. Mental note to self - Planescape Torment divides all experience earned :)

*Sigh* Looks like I'll be starting ANOTHER new game, haha. Well, at least I'm still in the Hive, so it's not so bad. Just wanted to let everyone know I figured out what happened...as usual, user error ;)

#123 Avalain

Avalain
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Edited by Avalain, 17 December 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#124 -Angelo-

-Angelo-

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hi everyone and merry xmas,
I hope it's the right place to post it, I did not find a solution for a bug.
I can't equip Morte with the Ingress Teeth, because when I use the item,
TNO asks him about the teeth, Morte answers they are creep (something like that, I don't remember)
but then I can't go on with the dialogue, so I can only quit the game...
anyone can help me?

#125 -Angelo-

-Angelo-

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have to add another problem.. :(
it's about the siege tower, I can't go out from there because when I'm using the exit portal the game crashes,
saying " assertion failed in d:torment/source/chitin/chvidpal.cpp, line 1224"..
is there anything I could do to fix it?
thanks again..

#126 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Angelo - one advice, ALWAYS post a savegame right before where the problem happens, this will make the lives of scient/qwinn easier to track n fix the bugs. ;)

2 - wait for them to come and fix, remember, they did A LOT for planescape and need to recharge before start fixin again. ;)

#127 Vreejack

Vreejack
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Well, just installed the standard mods (widescreen, UI, fixpack, ub, tweakpack). Looks really great, but I caught two bugs right off the bat.

First one was, when you try to leave the starting room, if Morte gets in the way then the key will be removed and the door will remain locked. Not a biggie, I suppose..and if I recall this bug was in the original game, too. Just restart the game, but annoying for newbies.

Next bug: the messenger skeleton on the next floor up is non-responsive. Klicking on him does absolutely nothing. Well, it will stop you from moving. But that is all.

Well, let me start a new game and see if it goes away.  And...it works. I can talk to the messenger zombie this time. I noticed my autosave from last time was broken on this, but now of course it has been over-written :P

IIRC, occasional stupidity on the messenger skeleton is another old bug I have seen before.

Edited by Vreejack, 03 January 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#128 Korth

Korth
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

If Barr is killed, the gate guards have to be killed every time you return from the Weeping Stone Catacombs.  There's no dialogue options and thieving/forcing the gate makes them hostile.  Or maybe there is a dialog, but the gate graphic overwrites the guard so it's just impossible to click him.  I can't recall, but I think I killed Barr (in both isolated saves) because he wouldn't initiate a dialogue (or I couldn't actually click him) the second time I returned, so I just forced the gate.

Killing all those guards keeps on counting up the Evil.  I think there should be a functional non-combat option to return to town, or a cap on how bad you can get for killing these punks multiple times.

Edited by Korth, 21 January 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#129 -ThatEvil!-

-ThatEvil!-

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I found a bug in Ravel's Maze even if you do all 8 nice ansewrs you don't get +2 wisdom boon.

I tried a lot of combinations with companios and without it's always the same way 120 000exp and +1 wisdom bonus.

http://torment.wikia...ki/Ravel's_Maze

http://www.gamefaqs....rment/faqs/7964
Also tried to be nice in other quotes like:

What can change the nature of the man?
Lie: Beautyful woman. Like you changed mine.

#130 -Korth-

-Korth-

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

The stat/xp reward from Ravel is based on how you answer Mebbeth's "Why do you want to learn magic?" question early in the game.  Details (comments by Qwinn) can be found in more recent walkthrough guides.

#131 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yes I know there are 3 answers to Mebbeth and 3 diffrent rewards from Ravel that depends on what you said to Mebbeth(1wis+1int/1int/1wis). But when you talk to Ravel her self you can be nice to her and that shoud be rewarded with wisdom gift. That gift is also "scaleable" to that how nice you were to her (you are beautiful Ravel and so on).

I was VERY nice and I got only average reward(wisdom +1 and 120 000 exp). Also for all nice answers Fell shoud have special tattoo for that later in the game. Tattoo was there but as I said reward was average.

Meaby the Qwinn's Patch is changeing it somehow and I just don't know about it.

Thanks for reply. I will check these guides in near future... :)

#132 player1

player1
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Issue:

If you have double specialized thief, that gained permanent +1 luck bonus, you will not be able to benefit from Luck spell at all.

Note that I am using only Ice Knife + all Luck endgine fixes in my playthrough (using custom made EngineFixes.tph). No other fixes included (don't like some balance changes disguised as "fixes").

Additional thing worth mentioning, is that in valilla game +1 luck bonus from thief specialization does not work at all (which is fixed by endgine Luck fixes, as long as specialization is gained after fix is applied).

P.S.

Best way to check current luck bonus is to look at attack roll. If target has no damage type modifiers to AC, bonus displayed will show exact luck bonus your character has.

Edited by player1, 26 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#133 -Ian-

-Ian-

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Having the same issue, though on v4.13. I haven't seen anything mentioning Qwinn changing the Wisdom bonus. Said issue, as I have yet to elaborate, is that the So Very Nice bonus from Ravel seems to be impossible to get. You can only get +1 Wisdom and 120,000 EXP. I have triple-checked it, and all three times the same thing happened. 

#134 -Ian-

-Ian-

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I've figured out what went wrong. Apologies. 

#135 Sumguy21

Sumguy21
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I cannot complete Mausoleum quest at the beginning of the game. I got the quest from Norochj, asked Gravesend how to join the Dustmen. Then I cleared the Mausoleum/killed the necromancer and returned to Norochj who told me what I have to do to join, but I am unable to trigger the dialogue to complete the Mausoleum quest.

#136 -Tolvo-

-Tolvo-

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

Could this issue be fixed in a future update? I've run into this glitch a few times.

http://www.gog.com/f...ant_talk_to_npc

#137 DuchessOfKvetch

DuchessOfKvetch
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Been doing kind of a "bad decision" playthrough - so my TNO is occasionally choosing options that aren't commonly tested since they eschew the obvious xp reward path. 

I found out that if, in the Lower Ward, you choose to snitch on Sebastion by telling Grosuk what's going on,that it bugs several things at once. Firstly, the quest to kill Grosuk doesn't ever go away from your journal. Secondly, when you talk to Dimtree the zombie, you only get one chance (the first time you talk to him ONLY) to help him by finding his master. Subsequent chats don't allow this dialog option. But regardless, Sebastion is dead: yet I get a quest in my journal to find him, that will also never go away.

Edit: Just going ahead and killing Dimtree is possible - Hamrys doesn't react at all. But the quest doesn't update, ever. I think the "Sebastion is dead" variable, if there ever was one, is somehow not getting set.

Edit: OK, killing Dimtree doesn't register for the game period. Hamrys actually continues to "talk" to him, and the dialogue trees for proving he's a zombie are totally unaffected.

Edited by DuchessOfKvetch, 04 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#138 DuchessOfKvetch

DuchessOfKvetch
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Argh. Another reproducible bug (not sure if these are Fixpack related or not, but couldn't find evidence of them elsewhere):

If you are doing the "Trist" quest in the Lower Ward - and talk to Lenny BEFORE talking to Byron Pikit - getting the warehouse passwords from Lenny - this can bread the warehouse portion of the quest. I talked to Byron after Lenny, then went to the warehouse - the option to retrieve the "evidence" (via the "Give Pikit the laugh" password) was not there anymore. If I went straight to the warehouse after talking to Lenny, though, I could still trigger this new dialog option.

#139 Athelas

Athelas
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

In the Buried Village, when you pick the lock or bash open the gate to the catacombs, it turns the guards hostile, even after you get the quest from Pharod and even if you go through the dialogue where you threaten one of the guards when he asks for money to open the gate when you first return from the catacombs (after that, he always opens the gate for you if you talk to him).

This isn't a bug, but I noticed that after you get Morte to reveal the truth about how you pulled him from the Pillars of Skulls, Morte still acts suspicious around NPC's who comment on how unusual of a mimir he is. He shouldn't act that way, since he already fessed up. Of course, this would mean removing dialogue, so I'm not sure how this could be solved. I noticed it with an NPC in the Clerk's ward, but I think it also happens with some other NPC's (like the guy who sells cranium rat snacks in the Hive).

One thing that isn't a bug either, but it always bothered me how the various limbs you can use as a weapon always look like a mace. Since the paranoid incarnation can attack you with his arm - and it actually looks like an arm - I wonder if it's possible to let the the Nameless One use this animation as well, since they have the same sprite.

And thanks for all the hard work and great fixes you've put into this.

Edited by Athelas, 20 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#140 -George-

-George-

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I have found a bug I think was introduced with 4.0.

Fhjull was given 2 lines for when you are leaving his house after visiting the skulls in 4.0.

However if you then go back to him after he says his line all he will say when you try and talk to him is those 2 lines, you cant get the normal conversation options back.

This stops you buying Fhjulls items!

I dont know if this a bug or not but it's sure annoying..

If you stealth in the Modron maze as a thief constructs spam you with dialog over and over until you are out of stealth. Once you finish the dialog the thing just starts it again.

Another bug on stealth. Annah sometimes seems to fail entering stealth when nothing is nearby to see her, yet TNO manages to enter it every time.

This bug was really annoying. Was it ever fixed?

I've noticed that once every banter has played they vanish and never come back instead of replaying.

I am in a party without annah (I remember she had a very annoying banter where she would leave the party if fall from grace was in it, and you had to kick grace to get her back and then invite grace back). I remember that annoying banter could play multiple times, but I don't have Annah with me and i've noticed the banters have completely run out for my party and that they don't replay.

I can load to an old save where 3-4 were unplayed, those exact 4 will play when I rest 4 times and then banter is gone forever.