• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

Very useful mod, thanks for your work!

Unfortunately, it's not designed for translation.

I've seen that some were originally written like that, but for example the tdd files have a .tra file; wouldn't it be better to leave them like that?

Edited by Turambar, 29 August 2010 - 01:46 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

Unfortunately, it's not designed for translation.
Were all those kits already written like that, or were there some which had references to a .tra file? In that case, it would be nice to leave them like that.

Well, it's by design that I removed the .tra's, see I would have had to re-translate the once already there as I have changed the descriptions more than a bit... I'll .tra-fy the mod by hand at some point... hmm, I should actually get to adding more kits, darn it, slagging of doesn't get this thing done.

Thanks for your interest, I'll try to get this going again.

I've seen you've changed it a bit from the original one, can I please use yours?

Go ahead, the mods content is free to use, as long as you don't try to make money from it! :P

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 August 2010 - 01:46 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

Well, it's by design that I removed the .tra's, see I would have had to re-translate the once already there as I have changed the descriptions more than a bit... I'll .tra-fy the mod by hand at some point... hmm, I should actually get to adding more kits, darn it, slagging of doesn't get this thing done.

Thanks for your interest, I'll try to get this going again.

I understand, thanks.

I don't know if you're also interested in the sos fence, I think that, if you give them a better and shorter description, they might work.

thanks and Sorry for all this editing.

Edited by Turambar, 29 August 2010 - 02:03 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#24 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Mod updated.
@Turambar, I'll take that if and when I get there.

#25 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

When playing a mega-modded game, have you ever felt that even though there are a ton of kits to choose from, you always tend to stick with just a few? Not only because you loved those few kits so much, but the descriptions of some mod kits just turn you off one way or another?

I certainly have, and so....

I've been thinking about making a new mod or a patch for the TDD kits system that

1) Make the kits more balanced
2) Make each kit more unique with their sets of abilities
3) Adapt the kits to the lvl 50 system

Any support for this idea?

#26 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hey Jarno ...

Since you're planning to add the Arcane Kensai to the MegaModKits i thought i'd add another suggestion here instead of in my thread ...

I saw that you included the Kensai's AC bonus to the kit, which is a one time boost to AC. I was rather hoping for something along the lines of an AC that lowered 1 pt over time, say every 5 levels like the Arcane Fist kit (that kit is actually every 3 levels but 5 is fine).

other than that, everything seems to be ok.
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#27 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

I saw that you included the Kensai's AC bonus to the kit, which is a one time boost to AC. I was rather hoping for something along the lines of an AC that lowered 1 pt over time, say every 5 levels like the Arcane Fist kit (that kit is actually every 3 levels but 5 is fine).

Well, I used the original Kensai as the base for the kit... I'll change that later when I upload a new version of the mod as the mod doesn't actually have the kit...

But in the mean time, I have made a requested kitfeature. Druid as a cleric kit, it basically just removes the clerics special spells and adds the druids abilities, now because the kit is hard to make, and this is still a beta, there's two possible solutions for the over all install, and the mod has three components:
1, which allows all Ranger/Clerics use the Druids weapon selections.
11 or the "v1", which is the base of the kit, but as it requires the m7multimod installed after the kit is installed, it's not a perfect solution, the install instructions are inside the "11" -folder.
12 or the "v2", is a cleric class kit, and it works perfectly, until you actually gain the Rangers class level, at which point the kit becomes completely irrelevant. :doh: And I don't know why...
Attached File  Druid.zip   622.8K   426 downloads

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 May 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#28 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Tried to install on a BWP instalation. When I create a new Char, the kits are not displayed, but some spaces are there blank. Any help ?

#29 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

Tried to install on a BWP instalation. When I create a new Char, the kits are not displayed, but some spaces are there blank. Any help ?

Assuming a little here, but this is likely for you to be playing a EE game, that the Enhanced Edition games have been updated to not able to use the old style of kits, as they need to fill a few more info tables.

Speaking of which, I have converted the Moon Knight kit to be EE compatible from a request as a trial, download link, and I have the intention to convert all of the kits to be that, eventually... but I take request first, and see how much of interest there's actually.

Yes, I am Jarno Mikkola himself. OK, so I/he can sue me/himself, if not. :devil: :ROFL: -actually I am not him, but I was... so logic->window->out * . *You, stand here.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#30 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:21 AM

Yay, working like a charm! Finally I can play mercenary pally without guilt trips about storming all that chests in houses and inns, without heavenly burden of saving every little kitty who get stuck on the tree and freely saying: " You want a job done. Show me the money! I only kill undead for free." Oh, did I mention this guy is insanely powerful and able to vaste Firkrag in single combat and then happy  go wenching to celebrate it? Many thanks mate.  :Bow:  :cheers:  :new_thumbs:

#31 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 07:48 AM

Hello Jarno, although I initially thought to start my EE campaign with Moon knight ( which you graciously converted to EE on my request  :new_thumbs: ) I wonder will you be interested to convert Dragonclaw to be compatible with it? As you may recall I discovered some issues with it on old vanilla game ( able to use bows but not arrows, old plain sorcerer hit points on leveling instead of promised F/M rate and so on). With EE enhanced functionality my humble opinion is that this kit would truly shine, that is if you are willing to convert it. Of course if you are busy, or just have no interest or time feel free to ignore this request. ( But hopefully you wont).  :)