Possible future ideas and plans

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:34 PM

Okay, now that majority of dialogues are done, and in the process of being edited, this is what I see possibly more being done for Tashia (and yes, I realize that much of this also depends on when Maus gets time to program):

1. Much like the Flirt Packs did, maybe an option that allows one to start romancing Tashia in ToB without having to do it in SoA. (this idea proposed by someone else, but I think its a good one).

2. Have a riddle thread in ToB. As some of you can see, I have a separate thread for riddles and hope to put more up.

3. Increased and better flirts. Probably come last, but having them is nice.

Anything else I might have missed?

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:27 AM

4) Get off my butt and finish editing for ya. ;)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#3 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:49 AM

5) A banter with Anomen about coinpurses...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:37 PM

LOL

It's okay Camdawg, it wasn't in a major hurry. There was a lot of work there, as you see. I bet we have over 80 pages of text.

And Grim Squeaker, I guess I can do that here...but I was going to save that one especially for Delainy ;-)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#5 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:42 PM

LOL

It's okay Camdawg, it wasn't in a major hurry. There was a lot of work there, as you see. I bet we have over 80 pages of text.

And Grim Squeaker, I guess I can do that here...but I was going to save that one especially for Delainy ;-)

Wouldn't be in character for Tashy. Would be good for Del though. If you have it in a banter with Anomen if he fails his test. They are always good because he has such a temper! And she can end it with 'THE THREAT'...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

Well, it's 96 1/2, but who's counting? :rolleyes:

I only have about 25 pages to go. Then I just have to type them up and send them to ya. :D

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:51 PM

Wouldn't be in character for Tashy. Would be good for Del though. If you have it in a banter with Anomen if he fails his test. They are always good because he has such a temper! And she can end it with 'THE THREAT'...

Heh, well Grim Squeaker, in Delainy's case, though, she doesn't lie...so it wouldn't be just a threat...but a real action...and Tashia could do it if sufficiently angered *waggles her eyebrows*

Well, it's 96 1/2, but who's counting

Wow, that many? You know, that doesn't include the ones you alread edited first either, I bet....

Many, between Tashia, the fanfic for Del, and the comedy of Are You Being Served...I've created a novel's worth of work in the past few months.

#8 Smoketest

Smoketest
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:43 PM

I'm looking forward to experiencing all this new content you're talking about.

#9 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 12:10 AM

YAY!!!!!!!! tashia is one of my two favorite mods for the game, imoen being the other...

WOW!!!!!!!! that sure is a ton of dialog...

YAY!!! :lol:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#10 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:58 AM

I'm looking forward to experiencing all this new content you're talking about.

Well, all the dialogue that I did is actually pinned and posted above.

As I said, it will still need to be encoded (and there are a few other things to do)...but Maus is busy with real life...but worst comes to worst, I am slowly trying to learn WeiDu, and I will put it in myself...

However, I am not giving a specific date for it to be done...because I don't know when.

As stated previously, the dialogues are done. (And once implemented, the last few odds and ends will be added to as well).

#11 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 06:01 AM

YAY!!!!!!!! tashia is one of my two favorite mods for the game, imoen being the other...

WOW!!!!!!!! that sure is a ton of dialog...

YAY!!! :lol:

Well, for the most part, the additions overall haven't been complained about (except for one or two instances)...that was the major reason its all public so that people would see what was being added.

#12 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:50 AM

Well, for the most part, the additions overall haven't been complained about (except for one or two instances)...that was the major reason its all public so that people would see what was being added.

Complains? I've read most of the dialogues, and I believe most of them are quite good to very good....

As I said, it will still need to be encoded (and there are a few other things to do)...but Maus is busy with real life...but worst comes to worst, I am slowly trying to learn WeiDu, and I will put it in myself...

I'd love to help, but unfortunately my knowledge of Weidu goes about as far as my understanding of women, so that's not an option. :D

#13 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 07:49 AM

*grins* Yep, I know the feeling. But I guarantee it will be updated (I am not going to let so much work go to waste ;-).

However, neither do I have a time date or anything substantial to give beyond that, and I do apologize for that.

Complains? I've read most of the dialogues, and I believe most of them are quite good to very good....

Thank you :)

#14 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 09:03 PM

I almost forgot! I'd like to see two graphic tweaks: a new portrait for Aril and a new item graphic for Tashia's panther. The dead cat icon just doesn't cut it.

____

#15 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:49 AM

I almost forgot! I'd like to see two graphic tweaks: a new portrait for Aril and a new item graphic for Tashia's panther. The dead cat icon just doesn't cut it.

LOL...well the portrait for Aril should be easy enough to handle...I think it uses the default Garrick one doesn't it?

As for the panther icon...that much I don't have an idea on...yeah, it would be nice to differ it, but I don't know what to replace it with.

#16 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 12:11 PM

Actually, Aril's portrait is of Eldoth. I've never had him in BG1 before, I just heard from others.

As for Tash's panther, perhaps a modified version of the Golden Lion Figurine ("IMISC3D.BAM") could work, it could be turned an ivory white color so it looks more like a skrimshaw item. Theoretically I could do this, as I have the neccessary editors, it's just I've never seriously used them before. I guess it's worth a try.

I agree though, the panther's current icon isn't right, at least for me. It looks too much like the poor cat in BG1 at the waterfall.

Uriel

#17 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 01:01 PM

Good eye Uriel...and in fact, the picture is that of the dead cat in BGI I believe...

As for Eldoth...okay, maybe, all I knew is that I liked Skye, and he took her from me ;-)

#18 Zarion

Zarion
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:18 PM

As for the panther icon...that much I don't have an idea on...yeah, it would be nice to differ it, but I don't know what to replace it with.

Hmmm I think I could do a panther .bam once I'm done with the .bams for Ruad...

I've never played the mod... so I need to know the colour of the panther ?

#19 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:35 PM

The panther when it comes up is just like a spotted leopard, but all blurred....

#20 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:44 AM

Okay, further information.

All the Tashia Banters and the Tashia Romance Banters - Class Specific, and Tashia Romanc Banters have been edited, and corrected.

Great thanks Camdawg!

All that needs finished is the NPC Banters :)