• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

:cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

There might be a compatibility issue with SoS, which causes an infinite spawning of prelate Wessalen under some particular conditions.

edit: can be fixed within SoS; there's no need to change CTB

Edited by Turambar, 03 February 2011 - 05:12 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

There might be a compatibility issue with SoS, which causes an infinite spawning of prelate Wessalen under some particular conditions.

edit: can be fixed within SoS; there's no need to change CTB

Not really as there was a stranger incompatibility that could have been causing a problem. It was directly affecting the CtB thief quests which inherently was causing the duped Prelates.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__507433

EDIT: This is directly related to CtB. I double checked the area code and it is in the TP2 writing the worng script to the area so two areas have AR0805.BCS. A change by KD that I had overlooked before in my last two updates.

EDIT2: Fixed locally and just use Near Infinity to edit area AR0309 with a AR0309.BCS, not AR0305.BCS. I'll upload the fix with current 1.13 edition.

Edited by Hoppy, 04 February 2011 - 04:08 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

This age old issue is resolved but I can only update it at TeamBG for the time being. The TP2 change is around line 7898 but srarts like this:
COPY_EXISTING ~AR0309.ARE~ ~override~
 WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~AR0309~ #8  //area script (KD) - just to make sure it's set
 READ_LONG  0x54  "actors_offset"
 READ_SHORT 0x58  "actors_num"
 READ_SHORT 0x5a  "infotrig_num"

except currently the
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~AR0309~ #8  //area script (KD) - just to make sure it's set
will say AR0805 instead of AR0309. Be carful as there is another line that correctly adds the AR0805 script to the AR0805 area so it will be a separate block altogether.

- King Diamond

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

Uploaded to TeamBG and SHS. The versions may look a little different but they are virtually and physically the same in content. SHS says 1.13a as I forgot to rename it to distinguish from my working copy but it is the same as 1.13 at TeamBG.

BWL will be delayed a bit due to access but it will be 1.13 as well.

- King Diamond

#6 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

Please check here. Looks like CtB messes up some files. I've revised the CRE section of setup-ctb.tp2, attaching it to this post.

Attached Files

#7 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

Was just browsing baldur.bcs and happened to stumble across all those moonblade stuff. All "upgraded" versions of ElfSapate have the descriptions of the base versions, which don't describe their actual abilities.

Moreover, could the talking ElfSapate in baldur.bcs be trimmed? It's redundant to have twelve blocks for this talking moonblade if two would suffice, as Lilarcor successfully demonstrates.
Unless it's possible to have more than one ElfSapate at the same time.

UPDATE:
Mage-exclusive quest with Ryberg:
Ryberg asks for a scroll of Speak With Dead. If you learn this spell after getting it, you're unable to progress with that quest. Therefore I suggest that you could also solve it if you've memorized the spell.

This could be achieved by replacing the simple PartyHasItem("CBSPKDED") with
OR(2)
PartyHasItem("CBSPKDED")
HaveSpellRES("CBSPKDED")

10th

Edited by 10th, 20 April 2011 - 07:32 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#8 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Problem in area AR3580. I think i have completed this quest before(a few years ago?) and it was different, although i do not remeber exactly.

There are four tunnels with four creatures to elimitane: jelly, elemental, phoenix guards, wolves. Somehow i remember that phoenix guys should be way more challenge than they were and they should've given me more than 50xp, mustard jelly should be killed not that easy too(i've just beaten it with sword). Anyway result is following, i've beaten all those creatures and.. nothing happens. I remember something must start when all of them are dead, but I do not remember what exactly. Can you help me please?

#9 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

(why) do you think it is related to CtB ?

#10 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

According to this thread:
http://www.shsforums...mod-area-codes/
it says that the area is CtB. am i wrong?

#11 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

According to this thread:
http://www.shsforums...mod-area-codes/
it says that the area is CtB. am i wrong?

In fact, I don't know... but I am really surprised since, according to your description, you're talking about Durlag's Tower... am I wrong ?
And CtB is supposed to alter only BG2 part of the game...

I've changeloged AR3580.are and you seem to be right...

Let me test something : CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3580")

#12 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

CtB adds a part of Durlag's Tower underneath the crypt of Kangaxx. If certain conditions in the main area script - ar3580.bcs - are met, some creatures will be summoned.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#13 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Let me test something : CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3580")

I should have tried this before answering the first time :doh: ...

This area comes from CtB you are right, but the behavior you are describing is the behavior in Durlag's Tower (same maps).

As far as I remember, the evil you are looking for is nearby.

Don't click below if you don't want to be spoiled...
Spoiler

Hope this helps.

Edit : Oops too late...

Edited by Fouinto, 20 June 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#14 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi,

I encountered a problem where the game kept CtD-ing whenever the party tried to enter the Brimstone Bridge area from Central Hlondeth. After searching around this forum, I found and used the solution on this thread and it seems to have worked: http://www.shsforums...imstone-bridge/

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

I encountered a problem where the game kept CtD-ing whenever the party tried to enter the Brimstone Bridge area from Central Hlondeth. After searching around this forum, I found and used the solution on this thread and it seems to have worked: http://www.shsforums...imstone-bridge/

OK this is directly related to a change I made regarding this from Lollorian:

http://www.shsforums...post__p__489745

So I just have to revert the batch code back to what it was, disregarding what Lollorian thought it should be.

One can use that code to edit the .bat file and revert it back to the original, which is just the reposition of the *. That will work for a new complete installation of the mod before I make the changes.

Alternately, one might just extract AM1700.WAV using DLTCEP or Near Infinity and place it in the override, like we did with the old Region of Terror smith crash except without all the area bits.

- King Diamond

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

There's a small fix for CtB v1.13a here :P The first attachment in that post (spell_fixes.txt) has details of exactly what got modified and why... please feel free to bash for any wrong changes :D

EDIT: And some more fixed files here :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 27 October 2011 - 08:08 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#17 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Dispel Magic innate from chores is never added in any of my (BWP) installs and my current one is rather light on BG2 megamods (only CtB and TS-BP). BTW at what level is it casted?

Problem in my current game : can't find Small Teeth Pass on worldmap. Do I have to go through another area? I want to go there for the wormwood thing for Holly and see if there's baddies to slaughter like in North Forest (bad me! I checked a walkthrough because I couldn't find it :devil: ).

If I'm screwed because of an install fail, can I get area code please? I hope I'm not just blind.

EDIT : Just CLUA'd the item in the end. Got another problem though, even after removing debug mode line from baldur.ini (and cheats too if that matters) my map isn't updated when I talk to the pirate guy in city gates area for velvet paws quest.

I'm stupid, seems to be a lvl/xp check to trigger the correct dialogue

Edited by Beleg33, 10 February 2012 - 09:09 AM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#18 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

The bugbears/harpies in Kuldin academy that are supposed to morph into stronger monsters sometimes do not do so.
Reason:
all area scripts in Kuldin have following blocks:
IF
	NumInParty(5)
	LevelPartyLT(20)
	LevelPartyGT(11)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbParty5Cat2","MYAREA",1)
END

IF
	NumInParty(5)
	LevelPartyLT(30)
	LevelPartyGT(21)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbParty5Cat3","MYAREA",1)
END
It seems that my current party level is 21, because values are following:
LevelPartyLT(21) - false
LevelPartyLT(22) - true
LevelPartyGT(21) - false
LevelPartyGT(20) - true
So none of those blocks are fired. I suppose LevelPartyGT(21) in the second block should be replaced with LevelPartyGT(19) and all similar checks as well.

The bugbears and harpies do not attack party members even when they are attacked. But that's pretty the same issue, because their combat script is replaced with a morphing script that is supposed to substitute a normally fighting monster instead of bugbear/harpy. Since non of those values is set, they just remain still.

There's a trap on the roof that causes CDT since like BWP 9.1.

#19 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

I've been trying for a day now to understand why "The Maltese Artifact" quest wouldn't be triggered at all and now I'm hitting a wall.

Here's the relevant block (I guess) that should start it in CBMALMGE.BCS :

IF
Range(Player1,20)
OR(10)
  Class(Player1,SORCERER)
  Class(Player1,MAGE)
  Class(Player1,LONG_BOW)
  Class(Player1,MAGE_THIEF)
  Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE)
  Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC)
  Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF)
  Class(Player1,CLERIC_MAGE)
  Class(Player1,BARD)
  Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)
Global("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
OR(2)
  GlobalGT("playhouse","GLOBAL",0)
  GlobalGT("PCSphere","GLOBAL",0)
CombatCounter(0)
Global("CbMalteseArtifact","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
  SetGlobal("CbMalteseArtifact","GLOBAL",1)
  SetGlobal("CbMalMgeP1","AR0500",1)
  CreateCreature("CBMALMGE",[1720.2402],14) // Eleanor Ybgir
END

1. Why would this script be ran if the creature isn't spawned yet? Shouldn't that block be in area script (AR0500.BCS) instead?

2. What about that range check? Frow what? The creature?.. It isn't spawned yet.

Found it out, the script is assigned to a "trap/point of interest" which checks range.

IF (...) Global("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",1)

I can't find that global variable being set in any DLG/BCS file running a full search in NI. How else can a variable be set? It is also used in Ryberg quest in case you don't want to summon dead spirits in the streets of Athkatla and incur the wrath of the Cowled Ones.

I'm completely lost as to how this quest start is supposed to work, I've CLUA'd my way through that part by setting CbMalteseArtifact to 3 and creating the relevant item you should obtain.

It is a BWP modded game, WeiDu.log attached if that helps.

Edited by Beleg33, 01 June 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

That variable is obliterated from the game when you install the Multiple Strongholds component in BG2Tweaks or SCSII :P Check whether you have either installed.

The easiest fix would be a CLUAConsole:SetGlobal('PlayerHasStronghold','GLOBAL',1) ;) Which would mean you lose out on any strongholds you haven'f got yet :D

Edited by Lollorian, 01 June 2012 - 07:03 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod