• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Mmm, bananas... :D Glad to be of service!

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#22 Lupatria

Lupatria
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

First of all, I want to congratulate you on the release of your mod. So congrats! I've been playing with him in the party for the past few days, and I have to hand it to you-you have written him so in character, it's fantastic. No glitches/bugs to speak of, so I'm doubly pleased. Thank you again, and K'aeloree for working so hard on getting this mod out-and thank you for aiding in my quest to procrastinate like a pro!

Edited by Lupatria, 10 December 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#23 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Congrats, congrats, congrats. =)

I may have cheated a bit and taken a brief look at the .d files just cause I can never do things properly and my laptop gets angry when I try to play the game on it, and I must say, I'm glad Bioware never did get around to making him properly romanceable, cause from the peeks I've taken, this looks so much more delicious than I'd have expected from them. I'll hopefully get a chance to play with him at Christmas, but gotta ask... any recommendations as far as PC alignment/class goes? I'd pull out my normal chaotic sorcerer, but I'm totally tempted to try to romance him with a cavalier. 8)

#24 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

I'd have to say it doesn't really matter. It can be interesting to play a character that's more morally guided, perhaps, because it creates some interesting conflict and bickering. My only real suggestion would be to avoid being too agreeable. :)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#25 -Ash-

-Ash-

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I've been playing for a few days now, and I'm in love with Haer'dalis. Moreso than I ever was before. I don't think I'll ever run this game with Anomen ever again. In fact, because of not taking my standard Anomen romance, I dumped Jaheira and Minsc and grabbed up characters that normally never get to be in the party. It's like a whole new game experience!

Thank you so much for making this mod Aeryn!

#26 Daytha

Daytha
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

I must say, I never liked Haer'dalis. He annoyed me, and I thought that he's such a pointless drama queen. But you gave him depth, I loved the story about his family, especially sister :D You created a background, working perfectly with his attitude, and wow. He stopped irritating me, I love this character now - I felt that I understand him. You're awesome Aeryn :) But hey, I expected no less from you, after playing Sarevok ;) Thank you for your work :)
We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes. But its beauty can burn in our hearts eternally.
-Drizzt Do'Urden

#27 -Asthariel-

-Asthariel-

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Question - has he some new content availbable if he is in a party, but is not romanced?

#28 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Thanks, Ash and Daytha! :D I'm very glad to hear people are enjoying the mod.

Question - has he some new content availbable if he is in a party, but is not romanced?

No, this is strictly a romance mod and requires that his romance be active. However, as with the Sarevok mod, if you don't flirt with him and ignore his more intimate advances, the romance behaves much like a friendship. Though there are some awkward moments along the way if a player goes this route, it's entirely possible to play through both SoA and ToB and end up as nothing more than good friends when all is said and done.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#29 -Ash-

-Ash-

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

I don't want to drop any spoilers so I'll be as vague as I can and still be clear:

Are certain dialogues only triggered if you get drunk? I tested it in this one instance and nothing happened until a specific someone was in their cups. But it wasn't a random dialogue, it was a moving forward dialogue. If this makes no sense feel free to just say so. >.<

#30 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

There is one talk that comes up if the PC gets drunk, but getting anyone else drunk shouldn't trigger anything from this mod. Just to make sure we're on the same page, you had a lovetalk pop up when you got Haer'Dalis drunk?

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#31 -Ash-

-Ash-

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

There is one talk that comes up if the PC gets drunk, but getting anyone else drunk shouldn't trigger anything from this mod. Just to make sure we're on the same page, you had a lovetalk pop up when you got Haer'Dalis drunk?

It seemed that way. I would get the player gets drunk talk, then if I got him drunk the other love talk began. I tried it three times to be sure because I kept thinking that I'd never have figured out this prompt on my own. I just brought up the save and tried it again, and somehow the drunk talk seems to speed the love talk along. Because I tried redoing it and just standing there and nothing happens.

#32 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

I'll poke around a bit and see if I can replicate it in my game. It's not doing any damage to the romance, right? I mean, you can still proceed normally after it bumps a talk up? It'll be a while before I get around to looking into it, and I wouldn't want you to be stuck while I'm slacking off.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#33 -dragonturtle-

-dragonturtle-

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I love this mod It's awesome! It's so well done and incredibly fun. Can't wait for the ToB portion. :)

#34 -spamhead80-

-spamhead80-

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I just finished my first play-through with this mod, and I have to commend you on so much of it. I would imagine that it is difficult to write a chaotic neutral character romance considering the general traits of that alignment, and the addition of his theatrical personality adds another layer of challenge. It was wonderfully paced, especially the apparent slowing of the HD initiated talks as the game went (not sure if that was intentional or due to my playing, but it worked well). You fleshed out his character incredibly well, to the point where I found myself exasperated by him at times. The smut was divine... honestly, so very good. The only thing that could possibly improve it is adding more (honestly, I do cast a vote for that, if you are taking them). Thanks so much to both of you for taking the time to write and code this. I look forward to the ToB portion as well :).

#35 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

From what I've played of this so far, it's very good, very in-character (though I'd expect nothing less after playing through the Sarevok romance). I am really hanging on for the ToB portion as I don't like to leave a story unfinished (even though I find ToB a bit of a slog, to be honest!) Keep up the good work.