Tashia and happy patch

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 LordofLords

LordofLords
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:24 AM

Hi there,
first of all: good work, i really like this mod, gratulations to all involved in it :)

now my question: the tashia readme says, that with the happy patch installed, some contents are missing. can anyone please tell me which contents that are and when they usually appear? problem is, that i just left for brynnlaw now with the romance almost finished ( i already played it once whole ), last talk was about "what to do after irenicus". now i read the readme for the first time ( stupid me, i know :( ) and read about the happy patch. i already uninstalled it, but i really dont wanna start all over again ( no time ).

thanks in advance

#2 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 06:05 AM

Thank you, though Arian did the first share of the work, and then Maus came and did some changes.

My proposed additions haven't been included yet (for a variety of reasons mentioned elsewhere), but hopefully...soon :)

As for the dialogue omitted...I really have no idea. I think I may have used the happy patch once, and didn't really notice any change myself.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#3 LordofLords

LordofLords
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:05 AM

all right then, i guess i just play the rest without happy patch now and see what happens.
PS: i am really looking forward to the additions, sounds really good what i have read in the topics so far. i really do wonder where you guys get all the ideas from, i wish i were only half that creative :)

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:25 PM

all right then, i guess i just play the rest without happy patch now and see what happens.
PS: i am really looking forward to the additions, sounds really good what i have read in the topics so far. i really do wonder where you guys get all the ideas from, i wish i were only half that creative :)

Yeah...mind you, you can manually set it to romance active with shadowkeeper and have another romance active, though, without it doing to badly (Or at least it works for me)...

And yes, we hope when we get the changes done and implemented, people will enjoy it.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#5 -zahratustra-

-zahratustra-

Posted 16 October 2003 - 03:45 PM

A noob question Bri: how do you set romance to active??? I have examined my char in Shadowkeeper and some romances were set to 1, some to 2 and one to 3...I presume that 0= she hates you, 1= she likes you and 3= she wants to have your babies??? Interestingly there were couple of entries (connected with Aerie romance IIRC) which had 5 or 6 digits.... what the heck do THAT mean???

Second question: when I open savegame in SK it displays my character, by clicking on the little arrows below the portrait i can change it to the next character but rest of the stats remain mine. How do you pick a different character to examine??

#6 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

A noob question Bri: how do you set romance to active??? I have examined my char in Shadowkeeper and some romances were set to 1, some to 2 and one to 3...I presume that 0= she hates you, 1= she likes you and 3= she wants to have your babies??? Interestingly there were couple of entries (connected with Aerie romance IIRC) which had 5 or 6 digits.... what the heck do THAT mean???

Second question: when I open savegame in SK it displays my character, by clicking on the little arrows below the portrait i can change it to the next character but rest of the stats remain mine. How do you pick a different character to examine??

all of the romances i know of, except chloe, which uses a different variable, works with

tashiaromanceactive=1/2/3

1 means you're not committed yet, 2 means she's your girlfriend, and 3 means tough noogies....you're out of luck.

now most romances, except with the flirt packs and chloe, you can simply edit any "3" into "2" and you are romancing 2 characters at once. chloe and the flirt packs, as far as i understand it, have several checks and different triggers so it needs to be constantly reset, i believe...but it can be done.

those multiple digit entries are timers, in fact if you look at several saved games with shadow keeper, you will find the numbers have incremented or decreased....

when you open up shadow keeper, your first screen are your stats, when you click on the arrow, you can move to a different npc in the party, to look at the character's charisma, strength, whatever...but globals are exactly that...globals that affect everyone in the party, and they are the same for everyone...

so lets say you're a female elf, and you want to romance aerie and tashia and viconia...

first, you would add the globals "Aeriematch" and "viconiamatch" to the globals tab in shadowkeeper, because you're female, the game automatically added "anomenmatch" to the globals for you. If you are male, the game would add "aeriematch" and "viconiamatch" for you, and set it to the value "1"...

so add "aeriematch" and "viconiamatch" to the globals, and set the value to "1"...add "Checkaeriematch" and "Checkviconiamatch" and set them to 1...then, when you meet tashia, set "tashiamatch" to "1"....

if you play a male character, you do not have to do this step, but if you want to play a female character and romance aerie, tashia and viconia, you do. look at "anomenmatch" and "checkanomenmatch" which the game will automatically add if you create a female character to see what i am talking about.

now then... all you have to do is remember that the "tashiaromanceactive" will go automatically to 3 when either "viconiaromanceactive" or "aerieromanceactive" goes to 2...and if you pick aerie over viconia, sooner or later they will ask the pc to choose, if you pick aerie "viconiaromanceactive" will set itself to "3"

so simply play out the romance, picking the best responses, and when aerie or viccy asks you to choose, choose...then reset "tashiaromanceactive" to "2" or "1", which ever was the original value, and set "aerieromanceactive" or "viconiaromanceactive" to "2"...

once you're past the point where choosing or a "romanceactive" global changes states, you're in the clear...now you will want to check several times, later, and probably reset tashia or any of the girls, just in case...however, this should work as well as a happy patch... ;)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#7 -zahratustra-

-zahratustra-

Posted 17 October 2003 - 01:24 AM

Thanks User, very thorough and clear explanation. Trurly appreciated!!!

#8 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:40 PM

urm...i actually felt guilty about how badly i explained it...don't hesitate to post questions in this thread... ;)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#9 -zahratustra-

-zahratustra-

Posted 17 October 2003 - 10:31 PM

Ok since you have said that I can ask :) ..... I am playing the game again from the start because my "Nalia's romance" mod never worked properly (probably because I didn't dowload all the necessary patches) but I tried an experiment with an old savegame which was SUPPOSED to allow me to romance all the romanceable females (Weimer Ease v1,9 mod).

When I loaded the savegame into SK the "Romance active" value for Aerie was 2, Jaheira -1, Nalia -3 and Viconia -1. Just as an experiment I changed Nalia's "Romance active" from 3 to 2 and than loaded the edited game to see if anything will happen. Nothing did but since the gamesave was in Tradesmeet I decided to see how newly installed Tashia was like, so I recruited her and saved the game again. When I examined this new save I have noticed that now Aerie's "Romance active" value was 1, Jaheira's 3, Taisha's 1, Nalia's 2 and Viconia's 3. It means either that you can't have your cake AND eat it or that a new value for Nalia or the recruitment of Tashia ( the former most probably) made the game engine to reset the "Romance Active" values for Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia.

So it looks to me that while you can manually reset "Romance active" of any NPC but this change will affect values for "Romance active" of other NPCs and things can get very messy very quickly!!!

#10 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 12:10 AM

first of all, weimer ease of use is up to version 21...i recall seeing that the last few updates were basically fixing and tweeking with the happy patches...i would seriously reconsider downloading and reinstalling the happy patch components..follow the read me very carefully...

if the happy patch is properly loaded, you should be seeing romanceactive set to either 2, or 1...

and patching the nalia mod would have been a good idea...however, at this point it could cause the game to barf...nalia romance mod is pre weidu, so it will overwrite files in the override directory...you should have installed the game, patch it with the official tob patch, then installed the baldurdash patch, then install nalia BEFORE any weidu mod...and patch nalia with the patch on arnel's web page, and then and only then installed any weidu mods..

now then without the happy patch, the way to have done this is like this...at any point, and you should savegame under different names after each important quests, like "trademeet" and "umarhills"...if you noticed a romance active jumping from 1 or 2 to 3, then and only then reset the romanceactive to 2... for example, if you chose aerie, then viconia, nalia and tashia will jump to 3....open up the last save before the change, then reset viconia to 2, and nalia and tashia to whatever variables they were before...you're right, when the game changes a romance variable to 2, the game or the mod will automatically change other varibles to 3...however by going back, and resetting it to 2 or 1, then the game engine should not reset those back...i mean the game already changed the varibles to 3, in response to one of the romances hitting the committed stage, it shouldn't check or reset any thing any more...

at this point, the best thing might be to patch nalia, download and install the latest version of the happy patch by wiemer, and hope for the best...and worst comes to worst, be prepared to uninstall the game, delete the override directory, and reinstall, and begin the whole patching and mod install sequence again...sorry... :(
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#11 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 12:14 AM

one last thing....i personally have never used shadowkeeper to multiromance, so i am hoping that bri shares her experience about the exact procedure with us...i do know a lot about how it works, so i am mostly going on my knowledge and bri's description of the procedure... :ph34r:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#12 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:10 AM

Well, User there is very little for me to add from what you already said. The thing is, I avoid using any "Multi-Romance" patches since they usually tend to cause problems like stalled romances, unsaid lines, and even jumping dialogues.

Now, once a romance hits a spot where you would become exclusive, all the other variables will shift to 3 for other females, meaning non-romanceable...and that's when you need to change the variables back to 1 or 2.

Of course, this works better with some modules than others. For example, if you use the Flirt Packs, which I think continues to recheck values, then the method described by User doesn't work (and the same would go for Chloe)...

#13 -zahratustra-

-zahratustra-

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for the tip about newest "Ease of use" patch. You are also right that on the previous occasions I did not install of the necessery compnents for "Nalia's Romance" in the right order.... Unfortunatelly you re also right that I will most probably have to reinstall the whole game all over again ( the new Ease of use v2.2 failed to install few vital components properly)

Why am I bothering with all of this??? Because, even after all those years, I still think that BGII is one of the best computer games EVER! Ok, it might be dated in graphic department but as far as plot and (especially) PC/NPC interaction concerned it is superior (IMO) to Morrowind and even NWN (IWD and IWDII are not even worth a mention) doesn't come up to its standarts.
When will programmers learn that it is PC/NPC interaction which makes makes a difference between an OK game and a GREAT game??? After all majority of the gamers nowadays aren't a spotty teenagers anymore and they like their game to be a bit more than just a bloody monster hunt!!!!

#14 -zahratustra-

-zahratustra-

Posted 18 October 2003 - 07:19 AM

Bri, i like to play romance mods not for any other reason but because they add this old favourite of mine -PC/NPC interaction. But there is Imoen romance mod and Nalia's and Tashia's AND Cloe's (I also like romancing Jaheira for some reason) so no matter how dedicated to BGII I am it would be a terrible waste of time to start a new game each time you want to try a new romance!!! Especjally that almost all of them are so mutually exclusive....

As I see it, the only way to try them within a reasonable time frame would be to time coordinate it AND have multiple romance patch. Problem is that Cloe have to be recruited early and this screws the timetable :) So you have to start the game with a PC, Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira than add Cloe and Yoshimo. Later when Imoen is kidnapped you can recruit Aerie and than drop Yoshimo for Nalia. Which leaves only Tashia and Viconia. Now Aerie might be a lousy lover :) but as a cleric/magic user she is a great character and I would really hate to drop her from the group. Jaheira's "Insect Plague" and highier level "Conjure Animals" spells are one of the best spells around (at least in the early chapters). I can't drop Nalia or Cloe because that's why I started the new game in the first place and I have a soft spot for Minsc. But even if I dropped Aerie and recruited Tashia it would still not solve the problem because all those romances seems to be so bloody mutually exclusive!!!! And than while some NPCs don't mind being kicked out of the group the others mind very much so you can't even have a proper rotation plan!!!! :lol:

Life is complicated enough, do the computer games have to be more complicated still???

#15 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 02:33 PM

zahratustra, if you plan on reinstalling,

unistall the game, make sure you delete the override directory...

install soa/tob
install tob patch...
install baldurdash patch...

install nalia romance
patch nalia romance...

then install weidu mods....

i do not advise installing any happy patches at ALL...to my personal experience, and of other people any happy patch may or may not work, and the side effects tend to be...bad...

and i do not believe a happy patch is available for chloe...

in fact, i think its unrealistic to run a imoen, nalia, chloe, tashia and bioware romances at the same time...

the techniques i've described should allow you to NOT install or take chloe, and allow you to romance imoen, tashia, and nalia...as well as aerie and jahiera...

but as bri mentioned, and i did too, chloe and the flirt packs run multiple checks, so trying to romance them with other romances could prove very difficult..

now an interesting development...according to what lucy suggested, if you turn down chloe, and romance imoen, the mod does not check to see if imoen is romancing the pc, so in theory, the pc could romance imoen at the same time as chloe is romancing imoen... :blink: :blink: :blink:

have fun...
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#16 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 05:31 PM

I did exactly as you suggested User, the only difference is that I have installed Taisha after Nalia and before weidu mods. New v2.2 fix pack apparently can deal with Taisha and Nalia but even if it doesn't, I can deal with that throu the ShadowKeeper. I have also installed Imoen mod because I plan to have all the other romances done before rescuing her. I too come to the conclusion that installing Chloe on the top of all the other romances is asking for trouble and so I have left it out for now. I have left out flirt packs too, they can be always installed later when there are less romances to go around. And since I have already done Aerie's and Viconia's romances in my previous games it leaves me with Nalia, Taisha and Jaheira for now and Imoen for later. I think that I can cope with that...

As to the threesome with Imoen, Chloe and PC, hmmmmmm..... sounds tempting but it will have to wait till the next game.... :D

#17 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 08:01 PM

It is possible to run Tashia and Imoen romances concurrently with no patches, apparently they dont check each other for romanceactive.

#18 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 08:15 PM

Makes sence since both are unoficial plugins totally independent from each other. it's only Cloe which seems to be a jealous type :rolleyes: :D

#19 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:11 PM

I did exactly as you suggested User, the only difference is that I have installed Taisha after Nalia and before weidu mods. New v2.2 fix pack apparently can deal with Taisha and Nalia but even if it doesn't, I can deal with that throu the ShadowKeeper. I have also installed Imoen mod because I plan to have all the other romances done before rescuing her. I too come to the conclusion that installing Chloe on the top of all the other romances is asking for trouble and so I have left it out for now. I have left out flirt packs too, they can be always installed later when there are less romances to go around. And since I have already done Aerie's and Viconia's romances in my previous games it leaves me with Nalia, Taisha and Jaheira for now and Imoen for later. I think that I can cope with that...

As to the threesome with Imoen, Chloe and PC, hmmmmmm..... sounds tempting but it will have to wait till the next game.... :D

urp.....forgot you wanted to install tashia too..actually that would have been my suggestion, install nalia first and then tashia...

the rule of thumb is install the oldest mods first...

"It is possible to run Tashia and Imoen romances concurrently with no patches, apparently they dont check each other for romanceactive. "

are you sure about that??? at least one dialog in imoen romance is tashia mod already installed...of course, tashia takes so long to romance, you practically have to go to watcher's keep...

next run thru for me will be improved battles, and tactics on insane, or core if i feel lazy...with imoen, and banter packs...but more and more, i keep remembering just how fun and funny tashia is...maybe install tashia, and not take jaheira??? urm...2 warriors...2 sorcerors, 3 mages, 1 cleric...

magic heavy...sigh...well, jae is rather annoying... :unsure: :blink:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#20 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:10 AM

Actually, you can have both run, User, for the simple reason that Imoen checks the values of the Tashia romance just once, much like it does the BioWare one once, and you go back and manipulate the variables as discussed to set both Tashia and Imoen to the appropriate levels...