8 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

Original request

Flags for spells/item abilities to allow targeting of invisible characters

Done. However, are you sure item abilities can't target invisible characters? They seem to work on vanilla for me.

-----880 Configurable Spells Can Target Invisible [M, X]
Adds new bit 24 to spell flags 'Can Target Invisible'
This includes all creatures with invisibility and/or sanctuary
The spell cancelled string reference is modified to reflect one spell instead of all spells

Options:
-0: disabled
-1: enabled

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

This one is going to be really popular, very nice work.

However, are you sure item abilities can't target invisible characters? They seem to work on vanilla for me.

I was making a guess; looks like the engine isn't consistent with magical abilities, and there is no way we could have invisible creatures hide from scrolls. This is screaming for a do not target when invisible flag in the .itm header.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#3 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

This is screaming for a do not target when invisible flag in the .itm header.

I would just not abuse this behavior instead.

Edited by GeN1e, 28 January 2011 - 05:11 PM.

Retired from modding.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

Yep, just like the fake-talk exploit.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

I'm probably just being incompetent, but I can't get this to work. Am I right that by "spell flags" you mean the flags in the overall header - the 4 bytes at 0x18? No amount of playing around with those bytes seems to achieve anything. Other ToBEx features show up, so if I am doing something stupid, it's local rather than global. Any advice?

#6 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

Giving modders the option to allow II to block targeting of scrolls (for example) does not register as an exploit for me.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

I'm probably just being incompetent, but I can't get this to work. Am I right that by "spell flags" you mean the flags in the overall header - the 4 bytes at 0x18? No amount of playing around with those bytes seems to achieve anything. Other ToBEx features show up, so if I am doing something stupid, it's local rather than global. Any advice?

Nope, it's my fault. If you move "Configurable Spells Can Target Invisible=0" in TobEx.ini to the [Action] section of the file, it should work. It is suppoed to be in the [Spells] section, but I didn't update the code to reflect that.

I will fix up and release shortly.

--------------
Retired Modder

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Giving modders the option to allow II to block targeting of scrolls (for example) does not register as an exploit for me.

-Galactygon

I will have look, not sure how possible - I imagine you will end up losing the scroll...

--------------
Retired Modder

#9 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Nope, it's my fault. If you move "Configurable Spells Can Target Invisible=0" in TobEx.ini to the [Action] section of the file, it should work. It is suppoed to be in the [Spells] section, but I didn't update the code to reflect that.

I will fix up and release shortly.

Many thanks - works fine with that change.