Where are the new spells?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 -ehk-

-ehk-

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

I don't know if Level 1 NPCs is working properly, having never used the mod

I found eldoth, and immediately after recruiting him he loses 3000 exp or so (down to 200). However, he's still level 3 and I have no option to level him up since he still needs 5000 exp to level up. Am I missing something here?

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

I don't know if Level 1 NPCs is working properly, having never used the mod

I found eldoth, and immediately after recruiting him he loses 3000 exp or so (down to 200). However, he's still level 3 and I have no option to level him up since he still needs 5000 exp to level up. Am I missing something here?

You didn't re-start the setup-level1NPCs.exe ... there's nothing wrong with how it now is, actually... as the NPC is closer to what your PC has XP, isn't it? You can change Eldoth's class, kit etc if you rerun the setup-level1npcs.exe, and follow the instructions given(not install the already installed components but one of the new) if you want.

Apparently this happens with vista/win7 and can be circumvented with windowed mode, which I can't use with widescreen. So I'm back to reinstalling widescreen and hoping everything fixes itself. I have no idea how I got past this before...

Are you actually playing with multiple players, or just one player, but with multiple Player Characters ? As you can copy the save from "mpsave" folder to the "save" folder and play with multiple Player Characters there after...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 February 2011 - 04:31 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 EHK

EHK
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

Yeah I transported my saves from mpsave to the normal saves folder. The widescreen mod can utilize windowed mode as long as it's smaller than your maximum resolution. It's not a big deal because the text is too small at max resolution anyways!

Thanks for the tip on L1NPCs, the readme wasn't too clear if you can adjust the characters in-game or if you have to adjust the characters before talking to them/recruiting them.

BTW some minor bugs/eyebrow raising moments that are worth mentioning:
Some spell animations (magic missile most notably) has black boxes around them
A level 7 NPC joins you at the start of chapter 2 of BG1
And my favorite, the fighting tutor at candlekeep describing a custom fighter kit that wasn't selectable, killing a character, then running off. No idea how that happens

#24 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

Some spell animations (magic missile most notably) has black boxes around them

It that just magic missile, or it there other such things... like statistic animations(butterfly, birds) that have the black box around them too, as the right settings should correct those, but if it's just the magic missile, then it's a bad .bam file with wrong with wrong translucency, or what ever that was.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 February 2011 - 06:23 AM.

#25 EHK

EHK
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

It's definitely not all spells, but a few, like magic missile, silence, and maybe 1 more have the same blocky effect.

I don't have a NVIDIA card, so I don't think that's the problem

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

It's definitely not all spells, but a few, like magic missile, silence, and maybe 1 more have the same blocky effect.
I don't have a NVIDIA card, so I don't think that's the problem

The BGII settings suggested in the thread actually work on other GPU cards too, like my ATI Radeon HD4890...
Hmm, the Magic missile... if you would, --change-log the file called "spwi112.spl", this could give us clues on whats been happening in the install.

#27 EHK

EHK
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

Here are the contents of change-log.txt

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
override/spwi112.spl
override/spwi112.spl spell_rev\backup/0/spwi112.spl
override/SPWI112.spl WildMage/backup/3/SPWI112.spl

Mods affecting SPWI112.SPL:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix
00001: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions: v3
00002: ~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ 0 3 // Misc spell modifications: v1.7 BWP Fix

The glitch happens with spells like magic missile and silence as well as some smoke effects (chimneys for example). Another minor glitch is the popup item name scroll not going away. For example, when I hold tab over an item on the ground, it'll display the item name but the popup will often stick around even after I move my mouse away or let go of tab.

#28 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

These are 99% likely to be display issues unrelated to any mods.