Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#881 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:43 AM

Well look s like my blow up is cancelled. :P

Thanks again Lollorian. :cheers:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#882 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

Saerileth NPC: Problems with spawning of Sir Havun Clarenshide (NSHAVUN.CRE) at Order of the Radiant Heart (AR0903.ARE). BG2 Tweak Pack's component "Sensible Entrance Points" rotates area so that Sir Havun spawns at "bad" place and might get lost when you open the door. Fixed locally.

Edited Action 13 and 15 at NSHAVUN.DLG from:

EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",902,1272,3)

to:

EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",875,1000,3)

Now that area DD0903 is working right (thanks to Lollorian) I checked that this moving of Sir Havun Clarenshide is ok also for people who don't use "Sensible Entrance Points" component from BG2 Tweak Pack.

#883 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

micbaldur and everyone else contributing to this thread, thanks for all your efforts to hunt down these issues and make the game better for all of us.  Also, thanks for doing it in a public forum so we can try to learn a bit from your example!

Edited by agb1, 12 November 2015 - 07:55 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#884 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

micbaldur and everyone else contributing to this thread, thanks for all your efforts to hunt down these issues and make the game better for all of us.  Also, thanks for doing it in a public forum so we can try to learn a bit from your example!

:P Actually intention of this topic is selfish, getting people (well mostly Lollorian) to fix bugs in my BWP game, usually i can't fix anything.

If that helps BWP and BG community maybe that is good thing. :lol:

#885 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

There is nothing wrong with being selfish, but I think you are actually thinking a bit more about helping other players than you claim!

After all, you just mentioned above that you tested with and without the "Sensible Entrance Points" component, so clearly you are doing more than just fixing your current installation.

In any case, I benefit from your hard work so I selfishly want to encourage you to keep doing it.  Haha.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#886 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

Another person with a selfish question:

You have just been through NEJ with your installation. Which NEJ components did you install? (That mod's structure is still confusing even when using BWS to assist.)

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#887 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

You have just been through NEJ with your installation. Which NEJ components did you install? (That mod's structure is still confusing even when using BWS to assist.)

Well, my current weidu-log is here.

From weidu.log:

~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91: v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.: v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #9 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #10 // More Items from BG1 (a component from BGT tweaks - BGT required!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)

Hope it helps.

#888 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

There is nothing wrong with being selfish, but I think you are actually thinking a bit more about helping other players than you claim!

After all, you just mentioned above that you tested with and without the "Sensible Entrance Points" component, so clearly you are doing more than just fixing your current installation.

In any case, I benefit from your hard work so I selfishly want to encourage you to keep doing it.  Haha.

Well, you might be right, or maybe not, who knows  :whistling: i don't. :P

I'm not going to stop doing this, that's for sure. :D

#889 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

Well, my current weidu-log is here.

From weidu.log:

~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91: v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.: v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #9 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #10 // More Items from BG1 (a component from BGT tweaks - BGT required!): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character): v6.91 BWP Fix
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)

Hope it helps.

Yes thank you - a bit hard to find among some 800+ posts. Thanks.

The Sandrah Saga

#890 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

Well, actually there's link to my current weidu.log in first post of this topic. :D

#891 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

Yes thank you - a bit hard to find among some 800+ posts. Thanks.

Spoiler
Ouh, too much of a reveal, must hide it. I tell you we are all selfish bastards. :devil:

And Lollorian is the worst.. in other words, the best at it. :ROFL:

Ninjaed by few minsly seconds.

Edited by The Imp, 12 November 2015 - 10:22 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#892 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

Well, actually there's link to my current weidu.log in first post of this topic. :D

Yes I saw it but it did nothing???

The Sandrah Saga

#893 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:38 AM

Well, actually there's link to my current weidu.log in first post of this topic.

Yes I saw it but it did nothing???

Ups you are right, if i click it it won't work but if i open new page works. Maybe earlier problems broke it, don't know for sure.

Fixed the problem, thanks for reporting. :new_thumbs:

#894 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

Alternatives: Problem quest with Malficus. If i "bonk" Leyt global "B!Tourist" is set to 3, if i pay gold global "B!Tourist" is set 2. Then Malficus don't talk to you because global needs to be 2. Fixed locally.

Changed at B!MAL.DLG State trigger 5:

Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",2)

to:

GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalLT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",4)

Hopely these are correct so that value is 2-3. At least they worked for me, though i didn't test when global is 2.

About that Vlad comment on globaltimer problems at area scripts here, i have continuous problems with these Expanded Thief Stronghold added area scripts during daytime, obviously no problems during nightime.

IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("TSPickAR0700","AR0700")
    TimeGT(8)
    TimeLT(16)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobalTimer("TSPickAR0700","AR0700",4320)
        CreateCreature("TSPick3",[1919.2649],14) // Commoner
        CreateCreature("TSPick2",[3557.1496],6) // Noblewoman
        CreateCreature("TSPick1",[1580.2280],14) // Nobleman
        CreateCreature("TSPick2",[4444.2720],6) // Noblewoman
        CreateCreature("TSPick4",[767.3347],14) // Commoner
        Wait(120)
END

Decided to remove those scripts because they are useless to me.

#895 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

Alternatives: Problem quest with Malficus. If i "bonk" Leyt global "B!Tourist" is set to 3, if i pay gold global "B!Tourist" is set 2. Then Malficus don't talk to you because global needs to be 2. Fixed locally.

Changed at B!MAL.DLG State trigger 5:

Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",2)

to:

GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalLT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",4)

Hopely these are correct so that value is 2-3. At least they worked for me, though i didn't test when global is 2.

I think this happened because of this:

Alternatives: Little problem with Leyt at Temple (AR0900). She doesn't recognize "bonking" because global is not set. Fixed locally.
In B!LEYT.DLG added "SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",3)" to Action 3:

SetGlobal("B!BonkedLeyt","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",3)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("B!DOLEYT")

I notice that there are 2 dialogues that trigger using Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",2) so I think the second one should probably have triggered using Global("B!BonkedLeyt","GLOBAL",0)

EDIT: BWPFixpack'd

Edited by Lollorian, 12 November 2015 - 08:10 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#896 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Ok Lollorian, you are probably right (as usual i don't know so i take you word for it). All i know is that after "bonking" Leyt Malficus didn't have anything say because global was 3.

Main thing is that this was fixed. Thanks again. :cheers:

#897 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hey I'm sure the alternatives peeps have a better fix :) I came to that conclusion because "B!BonkedLeyt" is not being used anywhere else in the mod :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#898 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

TS25 MiniMod: Umar Hills (AR1100.ARE) door vertexies are fucked up by TS25 MiniMod. Problem is already fixed by Nightfarer.  Fixed locally.

#899 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

Rukraria NPC: Areas are not in worldmap, at least area Black Forest (RU6700) needs to be in worldmap, don't know other areas yet. So mod needs worldmap component.

Update:

Mod probably (don't want to look like i know for sure :P ) needs BP-BGT Worldmap component.

Edited by micbaldur, 18 November 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#900 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:12 AM

Rukraria NPC: There's typo in RUKNPCBR.BCS. It's appended to most vanilla NPCs script (NPC.bcs). Fixed locally.

RUKNPCBR.BCS should be changed from:

IF
    !See([ENEMY])
    Global("sezarminsc","GLOBAL",1)
    InParty("Myself")
    CombatCounter(0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Dialogue(Protagonist)
END

to:

IF