Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#41 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

"Graveyard: Crypt (AR0807) Kiara-Zaiya NPC script-file overwrites the previous script-file erasing the items from Exnem Vault and CtB (Picking the Marks quest). Fixed locally. Thanks to Hoppy."
- Nice mod! Overwrites the entire area for crissakes :o

Modified the TP2 to patch the area (it just assigns a script and changes a transition point to be passable by NPCs) and scripts as needed.

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 30 August 2015 - 06:20 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#42 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

That's quite a list lol :D

Well.. yes, :lol:  but it's shorter than list of my first BWP install at first topic. :P

Sadly i forgot to add some minor issues in that list and i don't remember them afterwards. I try check fix list for those issues.

I'm going through each of the issues and checking whether it can be solved within mods themselves :) I'll probably make posts for individual fixes in this thread because the quote function is broken for some reason for me (and I don't like turning BBCode off because it makes linking stuff tedious :P)

Really. :woot: That's very nice of you, you really rock. :coolthumb:  Or hip hop if not rock. :D

About that's BBCode issue hopely K'aeloree and other admins fix it

"The Undying: 3 Ghost doesn't spawn at Graveyard or North Forest at night. Fixed locally."
- TP2 modified to copy relevant CREs  properly

The TP2 uses CMGHOST.CRE as a template for the 3 ghosts, problem is, the ghosts aren't renamed to CMGHOST1,2 and 3 as required by the script - so the TP2 copies the same unused CRE 3 times :lol:

I did fix this in bcs-file (like most of those fixed stuff) with NI, i don't know how to make fixes in tp2. I don't speak weidu i only know how to use NI. :ermm:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Here's a fix for fadingpromises letting you get 2 Fists of Amaunator :P (it's a compat issue with the Vic's improvement mod - basically, fading promises adds the item to one of its creatures as well... it probably should've added the item to either the vanilla or mod creature, not both :D)

Now can you elaborate of some issues btw?

- You probably pissed Aidan (fadingpromises) away hence him not showing up :P There should be a journal entry saying something about him (if it says he'll speak more at midnight... then it's a bug and needs investigating)

- Selence's proficiencies seem to be right in normal SoS (Darts, Daggers, Short Swords, Single weapon and Sword-Shield at her highest joinable level in my install)

- How exactly did you fix the Swords of Chaos not removable thing? The items already seem removable in the ARE file :unsure:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#44 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Here's a fix for fadingpromises letting you get 2 Fists of Amaunator :P (it's a compat issue with the Vic's improvement mod - basically, fading promises adds the item to one of its creatures as well... it probably should've added the item to either the vanilla or mod creature, not both :D)

I know that Vic incompability, then again 2 Fist of Amounator ain't bad thing. :P

Now can you elaborate of some issues btw?
- You probably pissed Aidan (fadingpromises) away hence him not showing up :P There should be a journal entry saying something about him (if it says he'll speak more at midnight... then it's a bug and needs investigating)

Well i don't know about pissing Aidan but i don't think so. When i did get Fist of Amaunator globals (baldur.bcs) don't get set. Then i removed those blocks from baldur.bcs and put them in ar2100.bcs, then globals were set right. But Aidan doesn't spawn like he should at underdark and after that at chapter 6 (well i progress that quest manually underdark and after that).

I had this problem at my previous BWP install but back then i didn't make any fixes.

I think that maybe problem is that after has made his appearances at chapter 2 there is very long wait until quest continues at underdark. I don't know.

- Selence's proficiencies seem to be right in normal SoS (Darts, Daggers, Short Swords, Single weapon and Sword-Shield at her highest joinable level in my install)

You are right when i look those proficiences at NI they are those but in game her proficiences at BG1. Not  a big deal. :P

- How exactly did you fix the Swords of Chaos not removable thing? The items already seem removable in the ARE file :unsure:

With NI, but like i have said some of these problems might have fixed after i made this BWP.

Edited by micbaldur, 31 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#45 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

"Graveyard: Crypt (AR0807) Kiara-Zaiya NPC script-file overwrites the previous script-file erasing the items from Exnem Vault and CtB (Picking the Marks quest). Fixed locally. Thanks to Hoppy."
- Nice mod! Overwrites the entire area for crissakes :o

Modified the TP2 to patch the area (it just assigns a script and changes a transition point to be passable by NPCs) and scripts as needed.
I have forgotten from that list that Kiara-Zaiya NPC also hides Watcher's Keep (Kiara.bcs) at least in my BWP it did.

#46 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

That's an easy patch :) I've chosen to only comment out the HideAreaOnMap() action because of random mod #148 that might use the globals in this mod for special stuff :P  (why did they prevent WK access when there's nothing in the mod that explicitly depends on WK? :blink: SCREW BALANCE THIS IS THE BWP!!!)

This should also resolve the compatibility issue with KZ and Saerileth as well - thanks to google - because Saerileth expects WK to be accessible in SoA while KZ blocks the area in SoA :lol:

Attached Files

#47 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

(why did they prevent WK access when there's nothing in the mod that explicitly depends on WK? :blink: SCREW BALANCE THIS IS THE BWP!!!)
Well, maybe there's a plot answer for that, like say a romance that's get's progress in the WK ... that's not balance. :devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#48 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

That's an easy patch :) I've chosen to only comment out the HideAreaOnMap() action because of random mod #148 that might use the globals in this mod for special stuff :P  (why did they prevent WK access when there's nothing in the mod that explicitly depends on WK? :blink: SCREW BALANCE THIS IS THE BWP!!!)

This should also resolve the compatibility issue with KZ and Saerileth as well - thanks to google - because Saerileth expects WK to be accessible in SoA while KZ blocks the area in SoA :lol:

This is odd problem because there used to be a fix for Watcher's Keep access somewhere maybe in BWP fixpack but why it is gone or isn't gone, i don't know. :blink:

#49 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

(why did they prevent WK access when there's nothing in the mod that explicitly depends on WK? :blink: SCREW BALANCE THIS IS THE BWP!!!)
Well, maybe there's a plot answer for that, like say a romance that's get's progress in the WK ... that's not balance. :devil:

Maybe Kiara-Zaiya mods author Seifer was planning do some romance related things at Watcher's Keep in ToB but ToB part was never made. So currently there is no point to prevent access at SoA.

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, I've checked the mod itself and there's no dialogue that references WK nor any events that are scripted to happen in any WK area :unsure:

@micbaldur: I took at a look at the Revised Battles-Fade incompatibility and it looks like RB totally replaces the creature file for Firkraag with its own version (with a DIFFERENT filename!) :o Your 'toothy' bug aside, I honestly dunno how practically any mod that affects Firkraag can survive such a monstrous overwrite :o

Verdict: RB needs to be overhauled, this is not a simple change in a random line :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 01 February 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#51 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, I've checked the mod itself and there's no dialogue that references WK nor any events that are scripted to happen in any WK area :unsure:

Maybe there will be WK content when Seifer finishes the Tob part. :P

@micbaldur: I took at a look at the Revised Battles-Fade incompatibility and it looks like RB totally replaces the creature file for Firkraag with its own version (with a DIFFERENT filename!) :o Your 'toothy' bug aside, I honestly dunno how practically any mod that affects Firkraag can survive such a monstrous overwrite :o

Verdict: RB needs to be overhauled, this is not a simple change in a random line :lol:

Well RB brakes also Stuff of Magi, Exnem and Freedom's Reign Of Virtue mods addition to Fade mod. I have "fixed" those in AR1200.BCS afterwards adding those items to B#FIR03.CRE.

#52 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

ToB is finished so here's my notes from it.

This covers the ToB and Watcher's Keep levels 2-6. I play first level at SoA because Saerileth's quest need it and also play Ritual and Red Badge quests.

Arena: You can't get tier 6 reward due to bug in AR#REWMA.DLG. Fixed locally.

Fate Spirit: Summoning my lover Jaheira is broken.

Saradush Sewers (AR5013) cutscene in center (Orog, Orcs and Duergar Sappers vs Shadows) doesn't work. Nothing happens. Orog and Orcs just stand there and Duergar Sappers (SEWDUE01.CRE and SEWDUE02.CRE) are wandering around sewers (default script BPWTASGT.BCS is problem, removing it fixes the problem). Fixed locally.

Watcher's Keep: When i enter Watcher's Keep AR3000 i get info that quest is done but only level 1 is finished at this point. Cause is block that contains "SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])" but i don't know what that means. Fixed by removing that block.

Saerileth NPC: Book of Tyr's Holy Influence (NSCHBOOK.ITM) and Book of Tyr's Holy Wisdom (NSWSBOOK.ITM) are bugged, you can't used them like other manuals and tomes. They have wrong category Books (37) instead of Miscellaneous (0) like they should. Fixed locally.

Swylif NPC: Bug in LD#SWYJ.DLG action 14 is "SetGlobal("LavaLoveTalk","LOCALS",7)" should be "SetGlobal("SWYTalk","LOCALS",7)". Fixed locally.

Ghost Mod: I don't know when i am supposed to get this Ghost Ability or something. I didn't get it instead i did get many other Abilities (Unleash, Control Demon, Dimension Door and Focus). From which mod these Abilities are i don't know (maybe BP).

Now i'm planning to make a new BWP 11.3.2 or newer after Horred releases new BP (unless it takes forever :P ).

Edited by micbaldur, 09 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#53 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Here's fixes for your Arena and Searileth book bugs :)

The rest are either already fixed or will be patchified in the next BWPFixpack update :cheers:

Now coming to your Ghost problem, the mod is simply messed up - there's no way inside the mod to actually give the player the ability that mod tries to give. Let me elaborate:

1. There's a CRE (nothing special about it)

2. There's a SPL (which gives you some large immunities to spells and cold)

3. There's an ITM (this is used by the CRE's weapon slots - this item causes a special animation to play and causes level drain +2 on hit)

4. There's a bunch of BAMs (animations of a ghost and that ITM's special effect)

5. There's a script for some basic undead battle tactics

So as you can see, there seems to be files for a spell that transforms you into a totally immune ghost type thing that can level drain +2 on hit :D But you'll also notice that there's no file in there that actually causes the transformation (usually a spell/script)... nor gives you the ability to do that (again, usually a spell/script)

The TP2 just copies these files and gives some (wierd) strings to them (which I think belong to dialogue and not to the item dexcription)

The abilities you mentioned do come from BPv180 (specifically the Ascension part) so maybe it  might be worth it to dismantle the BP code and use it for Ghost :P (although it'll mean some new resources would need to be created)

Attached Files

#54 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for info yet again. :new_thumbs:

Well about that Ghost mod, i'm dropping that mod from my next BWP.

Out of curiosity what's that Watcher's Keep and SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE]) thing is?

#55 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

The ghost mod would need a total reqorking to be actually usable in-game anyway... so dropping it is no big loss :D

Innate spells got lots of tweaking since whatver BWP you're running, and it all started because WK was inaccessible because of a patch that fixed crashes :P The BWPFixpack v11.3.2 has the fixed files in it that should prevent crashes as well as allow WK access.

#56 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for info once again. :D

Waiting of new BP then i make new BWP and start playing again. :ROFL:

#57 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hi Lollorian, any advice how install components of 1pp v4 on BWP expert install.

Spoiler

#58 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Made test install but i'm probably not going to play this install. Still waiting updated BP.

Note!  This is BWP 11.3.9 and was made 2 of May 2013.

Note! I changed install order TS first and then NEJ. Recommended by Horred and Vlad.

Weidu Log:

Spoiler

Here are some problems and "bugs" i have founded.

Vecna: AAR003.ARE containers AA03CN00 and AA03CN01 have problems. Fixed locally.

Vecna: AAR036.ARE container Aa36cn01 has problem. Fixed locally.

Charli: Charli doesn't spawn at Slums (AR0400.BCS) script missing. Fixed locally.

Bolsa: Bug in scripts. Script says area AR0511 but tp2 compiles it to AR0702. Fixed locally.

Food And Herbal Mod: Bug in scripts. Script says area AR3000 but tp2 compiles it to AR1300. Fixed locally.

NEJ: NEJ v6.8 and v6.94 overwrites SoS travel triggers (Selence's quest) at Waukeen's Promenade (AR0700.ARE) to Sewers (SoS) (AR4201.ARE). Fixed locally.

Fishing for Trouble: YS0414.ARE container 3 have problem. Fixed locally.

NEJ: NEJ overwrites TDD and RoT scripts at AR0509.BCS. Fixed locally.

NEJ: At end of Part 2 i did't get back to SoA part of the worldmap from Ulcaster (AR9799), every SoA areas are "Destination Unreachable". I can only go BG1 areas. Fixed locally.

NEJ: NEJ locks the door to Vulova Estate at Government with Govan's Key (KEYVULOV.ITM) and only way you get the key is to take the Bodhi offer instead of Gaylen Bayle or choices that Alternatives offers so those mods are broken.

SoS: I cannot enter to Guard Barracks Prison Level 2 (AR4287) from Prison (AR4288) even though Soubar Major says that CHARNAME can go to Lyrar's Hold through the Caves. Fixed locally.

RoT: Alissa loses her experience and levels when she rejoins at Spirit Soaring (wrong cre-file). Fixed locally.

BP: Kangaxx didn't have Boots of the Magi from Stuff of the Magi and Jade Burial Plate from Old Mods Pack because BP overwrites cre-file. Changed install order in bat-file.

Lol's Rezmod: Mae'Var didn't have Masa +2 as a loot. D0 Quest Pack component "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" overwrites cre-file. Changed install order in bat-file.

TDD: TDD (Ellesime dialogue-file (SUELLE2.DLG)) breaks Ninde NPC soul restoring, Saerileth NPC marriage ceremony and restoring Deheriana (Kivan Mod). Only The Queen romantic encounter (RE) works. Sad that this can't be fixed.

TDD: I did't get the "Seldarine Amulet" from Ellesime like she says. Fixed locally.

Hessa NPC: Trade Way Merchant Camp Area (ARSU10) not in Worldmap. Fixed locally and made worldmap component.

Worldmap:  Druidic Circle (AR3587) from CtB is "under" Cloakwood Grove (AR8400). Fixed locally in WORLDMAP.WMP.

Sadly though i don't know how to make fixes to BWP fixpack only know how to fix with NI.

#59 -PutridWalker-

-PutridWalker-

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sadly though i don't know how to make fixes to BWP fixpack only know how to fix with NI.

I'm no expert on that either, but when you fix the problem with NI it puts your fixed file in the override folder right? I think that if you simply attach those fixed files in the Fixpack thread then Leonardo can do the rest for getting them into the actual Fixpack :)

#60 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

I'm no expert on that either, but when you fix the problem with NI it puts your fixed file in the override folder right? I think that if you simply attach those fixed files in the Fixpack thread then Leonardo can do the rest for getting them into the actual Fixpack :)

Heh :D if things were that at easy.

I think that Leonardo has better things to do than trying to sort those BCS-files.

Better to leave fixing things to capable hands like Lollorian and others. I try to help them any way i can (which is not much :P ).