Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#201 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

Though it has to be said, that those TDD fixes should be moot with the new installation order in BWP 13.

10th

Well i don't know that but in my new BWP 13.0.1 i checked those TDD issues and had to fix those issues that i mention in above post.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#202 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

...SOS: Known issue at Vincenzo's Inn (AR1100.ARE) at Umar Hills. Edited AR1100.BCS....

....TDD: Fixed Shar-Teel, Kivan, Kagain, Yeslick and Montaron/Xzar quests.

Where are the fixes??? :whistling:

Sorry about that TDD fixes i forgot link those 10th fixes. :crying: Luckily 10th linked you with those fixes. :coolthumb:

Also sorry about SoS known issue. :ermm:  It's explained here.

#203 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Bah, sometimes I hate all those big mods. After again taking a look at the tp2s of BGT and TDD, Hoppy's claim that he dropped BGT (Tweaks to be precise) compatibility in the latest version of TDD is only correct if it's installed before BGT. Unfortunately, BGT itself hasn't dropped compatibility with TDD.

Moreover, BGT (Tweaks) compatiblity of TDD is incomplete, because then all those script names of BG1 creatures should also have their BG1 script names, if what you say is true.

Which means that unless you're using manual hackery, you'll never be seing those TDD quests of them.

The result of that being, that the most simple fix in the end is to replace the script names of sharte12, kivan12, kivan13, montar13, xzar13, kagain11 and yeslic9 with those of their BG1 versions.

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#204 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for the fast replies!!!!! :cheers:

PS: If I'm not in mistake the problem about Shadow Over Soubar occur only if I installed the G3Tweaks mod 'Identify Everything' option, right? :shifty:

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#205 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the fast replies!!!!! :cheers:

PS: If I'm not in mistake the problem about Shadow Over Soubar occur only if I installed the G3Tweaks mod 'Identify Everything' option, right? :shifty:

Well i don't know for sure but haven't ever used that Tweak pack component "Identify All Items".

I haven't tried playing without that fix for years now (though i haven't mention that fix before in my post).

#206 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Bah, sometimes I hate all those big mods. After again taking a look at the tp2s of BGT and TDD, Hoppy's claim that he dropped BGT (Tweaks to be precise) compatibility in the latest version of TDD is only correct if it's installed before BGT. Unfortunately, BGT itself hasn't dropped compatibility with TDD.

Moreover, BGT (Tweaks) compatiblity of TDD is incomplete, because then all those script names of BG1 creatures should also have their BG1 script names, if what you say is true.

Which means that unless you're using manual hackery, you'll never be seing those TDD quests of them.

The result of that being, that the most simple fix in the end is to replace the script names of sharte12, kivan12, kivan13, montar13, xzar13, kagain11 and yeslic9 with those of their BG1 versions.

10th

Thanks again 10th (maybe i have said this before... :ermm:  i don't remember for sure). :cheers:

Maybe i try that re-naming script names for cre-files. But i have to play BG1 first and it's gonna take some time.

#207 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Sorry double post

Edited by ilot, 07 September 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#208 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

I haven't tried playing without that fix for years now (though i haven't mention that fix before in my post).

What is the fix you have mentioned then, I thought the fix about identified sealed letter... :crying:

Edited by ilot, 07 September 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#209 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

@10th:

Pardon my peering but why did you change ROGTRO.CRE's script to ROGTRO75 instead of ROGTRO in your fixed files? :P There's no vanilla script called ROGTRO.BCS so it wouldn't have conflicted with anything... :unsure:

Edited by Lollorian, 07 September 2013 - 07:46 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#210 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

But there's rogtro.bcs from BGSPAWN itself.

If you care to fix BGSPAWN cleanly:

1. edit BGSPAWN's rogtro.cre and give it a unique script name (eg. mm75seatro)

2. copy rogtro02.cre, give it a unique file name (eg. mm75rogtro.cre) and use the same script name as rogtro.cre

3. edit BGSPAWN's rogtro.baf and change ChangeAnimationNoEffect(), so that it refers to the copy of rogtro02 from 2.

4. copy spin670.spl, give it a unique name and change its replace self to point to BGSPAWN's rogtro.cre

5. copy rogro02.bcs and change its ReallyForceSpell() to ReallyForceSpellRES() which uses the new spell from 4.

6. Make sure they're copied/compiled during install in the tp2

This way we have:

- a BG1 version of the Sea Troll (rogtro.cre) [1.],

- which has a non-questbreaking script name [1.],

- with a proper on-the-ground-version [2., 3.],

- with a non-questbreaking script name [2.],

- which doesn't break a quest when it gets up [3., 4., 5.]

Moreover, you don't need all those Die() triggers I inserted way back.

10th

Edited by 10th, 07 September 2013 - 09:37 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#211 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

What is the fix you have mentioned then, I thought the fix about identified sealed letter... :crying:

Yes i mean that fix about identified sealed letter here. I have used that fix for years now but i don't know if it's necessary. :ermm: 

Better to be sure that curscene works. :P

#212 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yes i mean that fix about identified sealed letter here. I have used that fix for years now but i don't know if it's necessary. :ermm:

Better to be sure that curscene works. :P

Yes, you are right, better be sure!!! Thank you!!!!! :)

Edited by ilot, 08 September 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#213 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

If you care to fix BGSPAWN cleanly:

1. edit BGSPAWN's rogtro.cre and give it a unique script name (eg. mm75seatro)

2. copy rogtro02.cre, give it a unique file name (eg. mm75rogtro.cre) and use the same script name as rogtro.cre

3. edit BGSPAWN's rogtro.baf and change ChangeAnimationNoEffect(), so that it refers to the copy of rogtro02 from 2.

4. copy spin670.spl, give it a unique name and change its replace self to point to BGSPAWN's rogtro.cre

5. copy rogro02.bcs and change its ReallyForceSpell() to ReallyForceSpellRES() which uses the new spell from 4.

6. Make sure they're copied/compiled during install in the tp2

1. Done. I called it bgrogtro02 :P

2. Done. ROGTROXD.CRE is also now bgrogtro02

3. Done. Script now refers to ROGTROXD

4. Already done by you. ROGTROXD.SPL refers to ROGTRO.CRE

5. Already done by you. I removed the Die() block from ROGTROXD.BAF though.

6. Done.

Did the same for the Giant Forest Troll as well - script name bgtrolgi02. Package here :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#214 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

:whistling: Made new BWP 13.0.1 install. Forgot to add one NPC, removed 2 useless component and updated Unfinished Business to v20.

Note!  This is BWP 13.0.1 and was made 9 of September 2013.

These are possible bugs and at least oddities that i have encounter (some minor ones i probably have forgotten to add). Some of these have been probably reported earlier by someone else at somewhere? I cannot say that these are confirmed bugs because i don't have any knowledge of modding. Some of these are probably random hick-ups in my local install or come from my unusual play style "Super NPC Switching".

Note! Changed install order for Lol's Rezmod, Boots of the Magi and Old Mods Pack because of overwriting issues.

Weidu Log:

Spoiler

Note! I use some mods that aren't in BWP. Mods are Shed's A Hero for All The Wrong Reasons mod, Moongaze's Crusader Pack, Icendoan's Forum-Only Items mod, Jamella's Diablo 2 Item Store mod, Exnem mod, TDD sin TDD mod and Isra NPC for BGII mod.

These problems i have encountered in my previous BWP installs and checked these before i started to play.

Warning! Some of the edits in DLG-files are different in other BWP games, it depends on mod selection.

Note! Imprisonment spell: If party member gets imprisoned it erases tooltip scroll (no name or hitpoints) have to repair with NI. If CHARNAME is imprisoned then CTD (i have this bug for many years). Thats why i always use Geirthan Plate or some other protection when there's a chance to get imprisoned. No fix yet if ever.

Pre-install fixes:

Jarls Adventure Pack: Area (JA#C05.ARE) travel trigger Door8100 takes to upstairs (same place like the other travel trigger Doorja#c06) area (JA#C06.ARE), NOT outside to area AR8100.ARE like it probably should.

RoT: The Quest for the Eye of a God quest at RA5000. Enemy takes Tablets I-IV from inventory before fight starts and tablets disappear (not in enemys inventory). Script problem at RA5000.BAF.

CtB: AR3576.ARE Container 10 changed Lock difficulty to 90.

After install fixes:

WORLDMAP.WMP: Changed Druidic Circle Coordinate to (1422,x)

Vecna: AAR003.ARE containers AA03CN00 and AA03CN01 changed Type "Non-visible (8)".

AR7208.ARE: Container 2 changed Lock difficulty to 90.

NEJ: NEJ v6.94 overwrites SoS travel triggers (Selence's quest) at Waukeen's Promenade (AR0700.ARE) to Sewers (SoS) (AR4201.ARE).

Added trigger to AR0700.ARE with these values:

Spoiler

NEJ: Added (AR9799.ARE) entrance with these values:

Spoiler

NEJ: End of Part 2 i did't get back to SoA part of the worldmap from Ulcaster (AR9799), every SoA areas are "Destination Unreachable".

Added these lines to AR9799.BCS:

Spoiler

Added to HROTHJ.DLG Action 133:

Spoiler

NEJ: NEJ overwrites TDD and RoT scripts at AR0509.BCS.

Added these lines to AR0509.BCS:

Spoiler

SOS: Possible cutsecene problem at Umar Hills (AR1100.ARE). Edited AR1100.BCS:

Spoiler

Tactics: Tactics mod overwrites AR1800.ARE and breaks actors from Undying mod. It also breaks quest from Shard of Ice mod.

Added these lines to AR1800.BCS:

Spoiler

The Undying: 3 Ghost doesn't spawn at Graveyard (AR0800.BCS) or North Forest (AR1800.BCS) at night. Missing cre-files (tp2 bug). Old bug that returns.

TDD: Fixed Shar-Teel, Kivan, Kagain, Yeslick and Montaron/Xzar quests. 10th info how to fix look here.

Eilistraee's Clearing and TS: Incompability at AR2401.BCS. "!Dead("Sola")" causes problems because in TS during Sime romance i kill Sola (SOLA.CRE) who is not Solaufein (i don't use Solaufein NPC mod).

Removed this line from AR2401.BCS:

Spoiler

TDD: Ellesime did't give "Seldarine Amulet" like she says.

Note! Actions that you need to edit varies, depends on mod selection.

Made these edits to SUELLE2.DLG Action 14 and 15:

Spoiler

Ranger Stronghold: Mairyn doesn't give "Moon Dog Figurine" like she says.

Edited Action 13 and 15 in MAIRYN.DLG:

Spoiler

TDD: TDD (Ellesime dialogue-file (SUELLE2.DLG)) breaks Ninde NPC soul restoring, Saerileth NPC marriage ceremony and restoring Deheriana (Kivan Mod). Only The Queen romantic encounter (RE) works. Sad that this can't be fixed.

This is the BWP install i plan to play to the end at Throne of Bhaal without reinstall.

Edited by micbaldur, 09 September 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#215 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

I now i have cleared Nashkel Mines and are at Restonford (SoBH) i though to post my problems that i have encountered so far.

None not single problem. :ROFL:

I'm still amazed how much problems people have with smaller BWP installs. :blink:

Then again i have always been lucky when it comes to computers. :lol:

So instead of bug report i though to make list of mods that i do NOT use even though i have BWP expert install. I also make lots of edits to Leonardo's bat-file.

Mods i USE that aren't in BWP:

Spoiler

Mods i do NOT use.

CHARNAME always male:

Spoiler

CHARNAME always fighter (I'm not spell person):

Spoiler

Betas:

Spoiler

Don't work (Buggy as hell):

Spoiler

Not interested:

Spoiler

Incompabilities:

Spoiler

NPC already from other mod and too little content:

Spoiler

Don't like:

Spoiler

Don't use (one reason or another):

Spoiler

Mods that waits english before i install:

Spoiler

I probably have lot of useless mods like kits. But you never know when they are needed so better to install. :P

Update:

Updated the list and added new category.

Mods that going to use in future.

Not in current BWP but i have decided to add to my next BWP:

Spoiler

Edited by micbaldur, 25 October 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#216 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Very useful info micbaldur. I have wondered your preference in mods. Thanks for sharing!

#217 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Well he's more info about my mod selection.

I really love item mods. :Tasty:  That's why i use mods that aren't in BWP. :P

I like female NPCs with romance (my BWP is multiromance friendly). :naughty:

I like quests so i install mods that have quests (male NPCs and so on).

I like epic battles that's why i use mods like Askaria mod in BG1 and Vecna in BG2 and so on.

I don't care about banters even though i use Banter Pack and IEP Banters (used those many years so i still use them). But i don't use newer friendships mods and Crossmod Banter Pack. I install some bantering (and not bantering) only NPCs but i steal there items and kick them out. :P

Here's my mod selection from BWP:

Spoiler

And non-BWP mods:

Spoiler

Update:

I forgot some additional mods (BWP install those) like Resource Fixer and so on.

Edited by micbaldur, 29 September 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#218 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Well i have encountered first little "hick-up" or maybe it's "feature" i don't know.

Ghoul Lords (GHOGR01.CRE) and (GHOULLOR.CRE) at Castle Daerthmac (DSotSC) areas (DSC010.ARE), (DSC012.ARE) and (DSC017.ARE) change to IWD Iron Golem during attack animation. Don't know is this bug or "feature" just funny i didn't bother to check what's wrong.

#219 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Well i have encountered first little "hick-up" or maybe it's "feature" i don't know.

Ghoul Lords (GHOGR01.CRE) and (GHOULLOR.CRE) at Castle Daerthmac (DSotSC) areas (DSC010.ARE), (DSC012.ARE) and (DSC017.ARE) change to IWD Iron Golem during attack animation. Don't know is this bug or "feature" just funny i didn't bother to check what's wrong.

Hmm. and that's with the Infinity Animations: v5 & other components... it's odd to say the least. You could change-log the .cre file and the animations the last creature uses. It might be as simple as InfAv5 not editing the .cre or something worse like say the Ghoul Lords animation overlapping with the IwD's IGolem.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#220 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well i did change-log to cre-files. But i don't know where i can get animation info so i can make change-log out of it. :whistling:

GHOGR01.CRE:

Spoiler

GHOULLOR.CRE:

Spoiler