Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#401 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

In my game she was only beaten not killed. Then she talks to me and quest continues.
There's likelihood that something altered the damage output of those thugs and could change the result or something.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#402 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

There's likelihood that something altered the damage output of those thugs and could change the result or something.

They are unarmed thugs so they beat her unconscious in my game.

So i don't know what's wrong with Sergios game. Maybe it's bugged small BWS install not bug-free BIG BWP expert-install like mine. :P

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#403 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

ahahaha.Thank you <3

Edited by Sergio, 12 October 2014 - 04:48 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#404 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

ahahaha.Thank you <3

Always happy to help. :P

#405 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

FfT: Minor problem in Maredudd Bengoch (YSBENGCH.DLG) dialogue. Response triggers 2, 3, 6 and 7 doesn't work.

Changed:

CheckStatLT(Myself,15,CHR)

and

CheckStatGT(Myself,14,CHR)

to:

CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CHR)

and

CheckStatGT(Player1,14,CHR)

Why "Myself" doesn't work and "Player1" works is beyond me as usual. :P

Sad that Lollorian is MIA. :crying:

#406 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

Why "Myself" doesn't work and "Player1" works is beyond me as usual. :P

It's because the script trigger wants an object instead of an identifier to be placed on the spot. Staring the iesdp gave me this. :)
How did it even compile in the first place... you think we give a whisker about how. You are so wrong.

Edited by The Imp, 21 October 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#407 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

It's because the script trigger wants an object instead of an identifier to be placed on the spot. Staring the iesdp gave me this. :)

Well staring IESDP didn't give me anything.  :P But copy/paste from working script trigger did.

Then it's probably bug.

How did it even compile in the first place... you think we give a whisker about how. You are so wrong.

How did it compile :blink: well just fine i think. :ermm:

#408 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

How did it compile :blink: well just fine i think. :ermm:

I meant the original... cause the .bcs files are compiled from a .baf files(well unless it's already in game file, which are notorious bad too) using the games own libraries, wrongly made .baf doesn't compile into a .bcs file, but throws a fit (and error report), so it shouldn't compile because trigger.ids file doesn't have the entry to compile it. :D :D :D

#409 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

FfT: Problem with store at Basimah dialogue in Imradim.

At YSBASIMA.DLG added to Action 5:

StartStore("ysBasima",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))

#410 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

BP: Bug in component "Kensai Ryu's Brown Dragon".

Changed at AR1700.BCS:

CreateCreature("KRDRGBRN",[600.700],0)

to:

CreateCreature("BPDRGBRN",[600.700],0)

#411 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

Watcher's Keep: When i enter first time to Watcher's Keep (AR3000.ARE) i get info that quest is done and all entrances are sealed. Cause is "SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])" but i don't know when and where i suppose to have used Helm Ritual Scroll. Fixed by removing that block.

At AR3000.BCS removed:

IF
	SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE]) // No such index
	Global("HelmRitualDone","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		AddXP2DA("Plot01F")
		TakePartyItem("PLOT01Q") // Helm's Scroll
		ActionOverride("Demogor1",DestroySelf())
		AmbientActivate("DoorMist02",FALSE)
		CloseDoor("Door02")
		DisplayStringHead(Player1,70619) // All entrances to Demogorgon's Lair have now been sealed.
		EraseJournalEntry(62402) // Watcher's Keep  Brother Odren of the Knights of the Vigil has sent out a call for those capable of entering the Watcher's Keep...an ancient prison holding a great evil imprisoned there by the god Helm, himself.  The evil is close to breaking the seals of its prison and becoming free.  The Knights would enter the Keep and perform a ritual to fix those seals, but cannot as they are too weak to bypass the traps and monsters within.  Odren suggests that I, too, am not yet ready to enter the Keep just yet.  I shall return another time when my experience is greater.
		EraseJournalEntry(62423) // Watcher's Keep  Brother Odren of the Knights of the Vigil has sent out a call for those capable of entering the Watcher's Keep...an ancient prison holding a great evil imprisoned there by the god Helm, himself.  The evil is close to breaking the seals of its prison and becoming free.  The Knights would enter the Keep and perform a ritual to fix those seals, but cannot as they are too weak to bypass the traps and monsters within.  I refused Odren's request to enter the Keep and fix his problem, although he asked that I reconsider...if this evil escapes, he says, no one shall be safe.
		EraseJournalEntry(62461) // Watcher's Keep  Brother Odren of the Knights of the Vigil has sent out a call for those capable of entering the Watcher's Keep...an ancient prison holding a great evil imprisoned there by the god Helm, himself.  The evil is close to breaking the seals of its prison and becoming free.  The Knights would enter the Keep and perform a ritual to fix those seals, but cannot as they are too weak to bypass the traps and monsters within.  I have accepted the task of entering the Keep and fixing the seal that keeps this evil imprisoned.  It may be a long task...the Keep is large and quite dangerous... but Odren says there is still some time before the remaining seals are broken.  It must be done, however, or this creature will be freed and endanger all.
		EraseJournalEntry(62481) // Watcher's Keep  Odren has brought me to the top of Watcher's Keep and shown me the entrance.  To get inside, I will need the proper holy symbol and ritual from Brother Pol, who can also answer my questions.  Equipment can be bought from Sister Garlena, who is giving us access to the Knights' resources.
		EraseJournalEntry(62987) // Watcher's Keep  I have encountered the Imprisoned One after opening the final seal and listened to its story of false imprisonment by the Knights of the Vigil and its offer of revenge and reward for its freedom.  According to it, the Knights had planned for me to be sealed up in this place along with the Imprisoned One...something that strikes me as having the ring of truth.  In order to free the Imprisoned One, I will have to go to Odren and tell him that the Imprisoned One is dead...Odren will investigate and the Imprisoned One will kill him.
		EraseJournalEntry(63049) // Watcher's Keep  I have discovered that the ritual to keep the Imprisoned One sealed, here, has done the same to me, as well...something that the Knights of the Vigil hardly could have not known about.  I have agreed to help free the Imprisoned One, who wants revenge as well and has agreed to open a small hole in the seal so I may escape...in order to free it, I will have to go to Odren and tell him that the Imprisoned One is dead...Odren will investigate and the Imprisoned One will kill him.
		EraseJournalEntry(63048) // Watcher's Keep  Odren has entered the Keep to confront Demogorgon, and will no doubt be killed in the process.  An apparition appeared and offered me a scroll from Helm, Himself, which will allow me to seal both Demogorgon and the unfaithful Odren inside the Keep forever.  I accepted it...and have only to use the scroll anywhere in the area outside of the prison...then the Imprisoned One's Lair will be sealed forever.
		EraseJournalEntry(63091) // Watcher's Keep  Odren has entered the Keep to confront Demogorgon, and will no doubt be killed in the process.  An apparition appeared and offered me a scroll from Helm, Himself, which will allow me to seal both Demogorgon and the unfaithful Odren inside the Keep forever.  I declined to use it, though the apparition gave it to me anyway...it need only be used in front of the door that leads to Demogorgon.  Instead, I intend to go and confront the Demon Prince, myself.
		AddJournalEntry(71078,QUEST_DONE)
		SetGlobal("HelmRitualDone","GLOBAL",1)
END

Removing this block means that Ritual Scroll is useless but it doesn't matter i always kill Demogorgon anyway.

#412 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

Watcher's Keep: When i enter first time to Watcher's Keep (AR3000.ARE) i get info that quest is done and all entrances are sealed. Cause is "SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])" but i don't know when and where i suppose to have used Helm Ritual Scroll. Fixed by removing that block.

This is a BP bug. Happened to me as well few months ago.

#413 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

Well i encountered this Watcher's Keep problem first time couple years ago in one of my earlier BWPs.

Fixed locally.

At AR3000.BCS changed:

SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])

to:

SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],HELM_RITUAL_SCROLL)

Fix is copy/paste from vanilla BG2 and now Ritual Scroll works ok. But still i'm going to kill Demogorgon. :devil:

#414 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

Encountered problems at Watcher's Keep Level 1 (AR3001).

BP: Problems with Statues (GORSTA01.CRE, GORSTA02.CRE, GORSTA03.CRE, GORSTA04.CRE, GORSTA05.CRE, GORSTA07.CRE, GORSTA09.CRE and GORSTA10.CRE). Component "Watchers Keep Improvements" removes equip items (Foebane +3, Usuno's Blade +4 and some generic items) from Weapon 1 slot.

Don't know what these blocks do in BP_TOB.TPH:

COPY_EXISTING ~gorsta03.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
                                ~gorsta04.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
  PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3 BEGIN
    WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~humansht~ #8
    WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~bpccle2b~ #8 // Default (was WTASIGHT)
    REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~UMBER1~
    REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~UMBER01~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
  END
BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING ~gorsta09.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
                                ~gorsta07.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
                                ~gorsta05.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
                               ~gorsta02.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
                               ~gorsta01.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
    WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~humansht~ #8
    WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~bpcfig2b~ #8 // Default (was WTASIGHT)
    REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~UMBER1~
  END
BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING ~gorsta10.cre~ ~override~ //Statue
    WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~creshout~ #8
    WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~bpwdasgt~ #8 // Default (was WTASIGHT)
    REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~UMBER1~
  END
BUT_ONLY

Stratagems: Component "Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep" changes Statues (GORSTA06.CRE) script name to mage20b. Area script AR3001.BCS doesn't remove HOLDRING.ITM from Statue so Statue is unkillable and doesn't attack.

Fixed locally.

#415 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

Don't know what these blocks do in BP_TOB.TPH:
They try to replace the statue's possible weapon with another weapon(the umber1.itm with umber01.itm). The later line is longer cause it equips the item. The "umber1.itm" doesn't actually need to exist in the game, the umber01.itm is the originally 3d4 melee weapon.

#416 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:37 AM

They try to replace the statue's possible weapon with another weapon(the umber1.itm with umber01.itm). The later line is longer cause it equips the item. The "umber1.itm" doesn't actually need to exist in the game, the umber01.itm is the originally 3d4 melee weapon. 

Well i though it would be that but wasn't sure.

Checked all REMOVE_CRE_ITEM at BP_TOB.TPH and made fixes locally.

One question from weidu documentation:

REPLACE_CRE_ITEM If there’s an item in the slot position, replace it; otherwise, process ADD_CRE_ITEM

Does REPLACE_CRE_ITEM put existing item to inventory or should i use ADD_CRE_ITEM instead?

#417 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:01 AM

Does REPLACE_CRE_ITEM put existing item to inventory or should i use ADD_CRE_ITEM instead?
I believe the function places the other item to the creatures inventory to an unused slot, while the ADD_ functions does the opposite(and thus places the ADD_'ed item to the inventory if the slot is in use already). Now, neither of them remove either item, as the REMOVE_ does exactly that.

#418 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

I believe the function places the other item to the creatures inventory to an unused slot, while the ADD_ functions does the opposite(and thus places the ADD_'ed item to the inventory if the slot is in use already). Now, neither of them remove either item, as the REMOVE_ does exactly that.

Thanks. Then i only remove "REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~UMBER1~" from BP_TOB.TPH.

#419 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:48 PM

Back  :ROFL:  at BWP after some RL issues  :wall:  past couple weeks.

TS: Area Fighting Pit 7 (TT0307.ARE) at Kara-Tur is broken (area is too small,  :blink:  actors, area exits and some containers are missing), don't know why, as usual. :P

Fixed by copying TT0307.ARE, TT0307.MOS, TT0307.TIS, TT0307.WED, TT0307HT.BMP, TT0307LM.BMP and TT0307SR.BMP to override from vanilla TS.

Update:

Only TT0307.ARE needs to be copied to override.

Edited by micbaldur, 12 November 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#420 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

Only TT0307.ARE needs to be copied to override.

Would you please --change-log the file ? No need to rush or anything... just for kicks.