Photo

is there supposed to be a big fight at the end of Otho's Nephew qu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

I've done most of otho's nephew quest. I've met Ferthgill and added him to my party. I destroyed tons of duergar there in that fight. Afterwards I talk with Ferthgill and say lets get out of here, but he calls me a wussy and says he wants some answers. So I go down a trap door in that dungeon area where I met him and go through a long maze-like map with a few vampiric wolves and wraiths. I get to the end of the map which should be the bottom corner, and instead of a big fight at the end I get... nothing. Also I can't find any other exit from that map, so I have no choice but to backtrack my way back through all these many maps. Is there something that I'm missing? Where is the big baddie that has the answers Ferthgill seeks? And where is the secret exit to the bandit camp that I see posted about on the Internet?
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:47 AM

I've done most of otho's nephew quest. I've met Ferthgill and added him to my party. I destroyed tons of duergar there in that fight. Afterwards I talk with Ferthgill and say lets get out of here, but he calls me a wussy and says he wants some answers. So I go down a trap door in that dungeon area where I met him and go through a long maze-like map with a few vampiric wolves and wraiths. I get to the end of the map which should be the bottom corner, and instead of a big fight at the end I get... nothing. Also I can't find any other exit from that map, so I have no choice but to backtrack my way back through all these many maps. Is there something that I'm missing? Where is the big baddie that has the answers Ferthgill seeks? And where is the secret exit to the bandit camp that I see posted about on the Internet?

Go back to the room where you met Ferthgill and find the stairs going up (not the way you entered). There will be a big fight before you get back to the surface.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

IIRC, the area where you meet ferth is the same as the Flaming Fist Headquarters, and it has the same three exits: the entrance, the trapdoor and the staircase which originally lead to Eltan's room. You should take that one. You'll meet some areas with the same tilesets as the Nashkell or Cloakwood mines, and finally you'll get to "Davaeorn's room".

Edited by Turambar, 24 April 2011 - 06:19 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#4 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Thanks guys, for some reason I couldn't really make out those stairs in the top corner. Maybe my resolution is too high heh.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.