Wizard Slayer Rebalancing v1.13

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

I'm wondering if someone wants to make BG2 style icons for this mod as well.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#22 -27z-

-27z-

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi!
I have a problem! :-(

When I try to install [Wizard Slayer kit revision] the program say

ERROR: sys_error("aTweaks/lib/tobexfix.tph: No such file or directory")

and don't install the mod!

I had just installed before:

BG2 Fixpack (no OBC fix script)
BGT
Bgt spaw
BG1 UB
BG2 UB
spell revision
pnp celestials
1pp avatar - dwarven - thief gal - flaming - color qf
sword and fist
Oversight

#23 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi!
I have a problem! :-(

When I try to install [Wizard Slayer kit revision] the program say

ERROR: sys_error("aTweaks/lib/tobexfix.tph: No such file or directory")

and don't install the mod!

The installer is erroneously referencing a file from another one of my mods. It will be fixed in the next release.

As a temporary workaround, download aTweaks and unpack it into your BG2 folder (you don't have to install any of its components) and WSR will then install properly.

#24 -27z-

-27z-

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Thanks! Workaroundworked very well! :D

Now Iinstalled allaTweaks: it'sa great mod!

#25 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Updated to v1.06. Here's the full list of changes:
  • Added the "BG2-style icons for WSR content" component
  • The installer no longer erroneously references a file from aTweaks. Previously, this could make the installation fail in case aTweaks wasn't present in the BG2 folder

Note: the new release is hosted on GitHub until the SHS Download Section gets updated.

#26 -27th-

-27th-

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hello again!
I'm trying the Wizard Slayer with "Moderate changes" from the very beginning with BGT and it's really fun but I noticed something odd:
my character can wear Boots of the North but he can not wear the Ring of Fire Resistance.
Both objects are (from the description) enchanted and have similar effects (increase the resistance to a particular element).
I am still at the beginning, so I do not know yet whether there are other objects that have the same problem.

Another thing: I noticed that the ability of WS also work against clerics and druids, although the description refers only to arcane spellcaster (wizards and sorcerers).
For me it's very fine that the WS is also effective against divine spellcaster but maybe you should slightly change the description of the kit.

#27 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

my character can wear Boots of the North but he can not wear the Ring of Fire Resistance.
Both objects are (from the description) enchanted and have similar effects (increase the resistance to a particular element).

In the unmodded game, Wizard Slayers are not barred from wearing boots of any kind. On the other hand, they are prohibited from wearing rings. While this mod does slightly loosen the restrictions on the ring use, the Ring of Fire Resistance is not among the items which are allowed. Check the readme for the complete list.

Another thing: I noticed that the ability of WS also work against clerics and druids, although the description refers only to arcane spellcaster (wizards and sorcerers).
For me it's very fine that the WS is also effective against divine spellcaster but maybe you should slightly change the description of the kit.

The innate Disrupt Magic ability (the one causing spell failure on hit) definitively doesn't affect divine casters. In case you are referring to Shatter Magic, that does work on a few spells cast by divine casters (i.e. Ironskins) but this is by design. Although the description primarily references arcane spellcasters, the later part clarifies that any spell that is considered a combat/specific protection will be removed.

#28 -27th-

-27th-

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Ok, thanks for the explanations! ^_^

#29 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Updated to v1.07.

This release adds the Spanish translation, courtesy of Lisandro and William Imm.

#30 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

Updated to v1.08.

The mod is now fully compatible with BG:EE and BGII:EE

Edited by aVENGER, 16 November 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#31 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Updated to v1.09.

This version uses WeiDU 236 and adds a specific check for BGII:EE.

#32 Sharsek

Sharsek
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hello aVENGER, first of all thank you for your great mods.

I have two question regarding Wizard Slayer Rebalancing:

- Do the special powers of the Wizard Slayer apply to ranged attacks also?

- Do "arcane spellcasters" include every creature that can cast wizard spells (e.g. dragons, rakshasa...)?

#33 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hi aVENGER please see attached Polish translation. Don't know if I did it correctly, but I put two files with different encoding (cp1250 and UTF-8 without BOM) to the package. I heard the first one should be used for vanilla/BGT/TuTu installations and the second one for BGEE/BG2EE installations. Just use whichever is correct one :)

Anyway I've tested it on my BG2EE and it seems to be fine. Unfortunately I don't have working vanilla/BGT/Tutu installation, so couldn't check the second encoding.

Attached Files

#34 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hello Avenger, I know you are busy with other stuff, but any chance to include my translation in new version? I'll be grateful.

#35 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

Updated to v1.10.

This version adds the Polish translation and ensures that TRA files now use UTF-8 encoding on BG:EE and BGII:EE.

#36 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

Thanks aVENGER:)

#37 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

Updated to v1.11.

This version makes the mod compatible with IWD:EE.

#38 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

Updated to v1.12.

This version updates the French translation and allows wearing the Ring of Lesser Resistance on IWD:EE if the "Moderate Changes" subcomponent of "Revised Wizard Slayer item restrictions" is installed.

#39 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

What happens when using this mod with Refinements? Do I get the tweaks to HLA from both mods?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#40 TiroFisso

TiroFisso
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:57 PM

Hello,

here the italian translation for WSR mod.

Attached Files

Edited by TiroFisso, 13 August 2016 - 12:08 AM.