Photo

Swashbuckler bonuses not visible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kamose

Kamose
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

The topic says it all - my swashbuckler shows the same THACO as a standard thief, not the fighter's THACO progression; also, I do not get the 3/2 attacks for specialization (2 dots). Is this an error, or are the bonuses just added invisibly in the background? I want to be sure I get all the bonuses I can. :)

Thanks,
Kamose

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

The Swashbucklers' THAC0 bonus is only visible as adjusted THAC0 (i.e. not base THAC0) on the character screen since it only applies to melee weapons.

As for weapon specialization, this is simply how the BG2 version of the Infinity Engine works. Only warriors (i.e. fighters, rangers and paladins) get extra attacks from weapon specialization. Other classes merely receive the THAC0 and damage bonus. There are some mods that change this behavior, for example TB Tweaks.

Edited by aVENGER, 27 July 2011 - 08:20 PM.

#3 Kamose

Kamose
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

Ah... so THAT is how it works. I just checked and I am getting all the modifiers in the adjusted THACO's, just as I should. And thanks for explaining about the lack of the extra half-attack; it would be nice to have that, but that is what dual wielding is for. Thanks for the very fast reply AND for writing such a great mod... now I can play my character exactly as I always envisioned him instead of having to double-class as a F/T.

Thanks again,
Kamose

Edited by Kamose, 29 July 2011 - 08:50 AM.