• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

Version 9, Beta 1

This beta has been tested with BGT, G3 Anniversary and CtB, but there may be the odd bug still in there. If anyone is still having this problem with map icons being located too far north I'd be very interested in hearing if the problem persists with this version.

N.B. This beta can not be installed on Tutu, as I've yet to update the Tutu code.

I'd be interested in hearing if this version works well with different megamod combinations. I also had to change how "Revised" dealt with translations, so I'd also be very interested in confirmation that the new code doesn't produce any odd results when non-English languages are used. I made a quick survey with the mod installed in German, but maybe I missed something.

Edit: I've also been obnoxious enough to recode the readme and add two new paragraphs (first paragraph of the introduction and installation instructions for platforms other than Windows). So if any German, Spanish, French or Italian translator wants to make my life easier they'd be very welcome to port the old translation over to the new code (English readme) and translate the new stuff. But PLEASE, for everything that's holy, do it by hand and don't use some HTML-from-hell-producing HTML editor.

Edited by Wisp, 28 August 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#2 Compatibilist

Compatibilist
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

[Long time lurker, first post]
Installing it right now. Will report any bugs encountered. I'm installing it mainly because unlike v8 it gives me an option to install the large map rather than forcing me to install the huge one (it's a feature, not a bug, right?).

#3 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:55 AM

I'm installing it mainly because unlike v8 it gives me an option to install the large map rather than forcing me to install the huge one (it's a feature, not a bug, right?).

What are the circumstances ("Original" or "Revised", other mods, etc)? As far as I'm aware the huge map is only required if you have RoT or NTotSC installed. So if v8 required you to use the huge map even though you don't have either of those mods it'd be a bug in the v8 code.

#4 Compatibilist

Compatibilist
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

Then it was a bug. V8.01 forced me to install huge map regardless of whether I chose original or revised travel times. I don't have these 2 mods installed and the only ones that I think could possibly put anything on the worldmap in my install are:

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.12 (12 Jun 2011)
~SETUP-BONEHILLV275.TP2~ #0 #0 // Secret of BoneHill (Requires BGT or Tutu): v2.75a
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call: v9
~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl, v5
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~TB#QUEST/TB#QUEST.TP2~ #0 #2 // A large battle: 2.04
~TB#QUEST/TB#QUEST.TP2~ #0 #3 // Underdark Mage Duel: 2.04

#5 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

It seems to have completely resolved the issues I've been having - using the huge worldmap - all BG1 and BG2 locations look to be in the right place.

Thanks Wisp :cheers:

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#6 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Cool, a twofer.

#7 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Thank's for updating the Worldmap Wisp!

If you have the time please look into fixing the problem with Cloakwood Mines (and maybe a problem with Nashkel as well) appearing prematurely with Revised Travel Times installed:

http://www.shsforums...blems-with-bgt/

#8 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

If you have the time please look into fixing the problem with Cloakwood Mines (and maybe a problem with Nashkel as well) appearing prematurely with Revised Travel Times installed:

I'll fix the Cloakwood-mines issue. Is the Nashkel visibility causing problems?

#9 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hey Wisp, I'm getting an error when installing v9 beta Revised Times component. My DEBUG file is attached.
Attached File  SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.DEBUG   305.64K   425 downloads

Edit: After looking at the code I see in revised.tpa in line 234 dd3300.are should be changed to dd3300.bcs.

Edited by ScuD, 28 August 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Edit: After looking at the code I see in revised.tpa in line 234 dd3300.are should be changed to dd3300.bcs.

Fixed. Thanks.

#11 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

The beta has been updated to beta 2.

New since beta 1:
Added Mad Mate's FFT area and link tables. BP-BGT Worldmap now "just works" with FFT.
You can now not travel to the Cloakwood mines from the Ankheg Farm or Wyrm's Crossing areas when using "Revised."
Fixed the installation-blocking bug ScuD reported.

Edited by Wisp, 28 August 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#12 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

I checked the beta 2 installation in French, both for original and revised travels, and with either small or big map. It seems everything was installed properly.

My test case was:
  • extraction of Worldmap 9 beta 2
  • installation of bg2fixpack
  • installation of TDD 1.14
  • installation of Worldmap 9 beta 2 + french maps pack
  • conversion of an old TDD save game from the village
  • load the save game and check that each place is named properly and well located on the map
I've just started updating the readme using the new template. I'm using notepad++ to paste French texts into the template to avoid loosing the overall formatting, as you suggested.

#13 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

I'll fix the Cloakwood-mines issue. Is the Nashkel visibility causing problems?

Thanks Wisp! Nope, the Nashkel visibility is fine with me.

#14 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

I checked the beta 2 installation in French, both for original and revised travels, and with either small or big map. It seems everything was installed properly.

Great.

I've just started updating the readme using the new template. I'm using notepad++ to paste French texts into the template to avoid loosing the overall formatting, as you suggested.

Thank you very much.

#15 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

Version 9, Beta 1

This beta has been tested with BGT, G3 Anniversary and CtB, but there may be the odd bug still in there. If anyone is still having this problem with map icons being located too far north I'd be very interested in hearing if the problem persists with this version.

N.B. This beta can not be installed on Tutu, as I've yet to update the Tutu code.

I'd be interested in hearing if this version works well with different megamod combinations. I also had to change how "Revised" dealt with translations, so I'd also be very interested in confirmation that the new code doesn't produce any odd results when non-English languages are used. I made a quick survey with the mod installed in German, but maybe I missed something.

Edit: I've also been obnoxious enough to recode the readme and add two new paragraphs (first paragraph of the introduction and installation instructions for platforms other than Windows). So if any German, Spanish, French or Italian translator wants to make my life easier they'd be very welcome to port the old translation over to the new code (English readme) and translate the new stuff. But PLEASE, for everything that's holy, do it by hand and don't use some HTML-from-hell-producing HTML editor.

Hi. thanks for your work!
I can test the installation in Italian, in the next days; I've told our Italian forum about the new version, and we will update the translation soon.

I can also test the installation on Linux. I have compiled mosunpack, and I'll check if it works properly.
Anyway, since compiling it every time is IMO a bit complicated, couldn't you include an already compiled version of mosunpack in your package (as most mods do with other binaries; usually 32-bit binaries also work on 64-bit computers, anyway, I'll test that)? I think I can provide the binary for unix.

You could then put into the bin folder, instead of just the .exe, three subfolders named "win32", "unix" and "os", containing the three different binaries, and call
AT_NOW ~[b]./[/b]BP-BGT_Worldmap/bin/%WEIDU_OS%/mosunpack [arguments]~
which will work on all operating systems

PS: I would like to add to my mod a component which enables to travel (only in one direction) from Cloakwood mines to Ankheg Farm in a shorter time.
Can I just do that by adding a line to links.tbl?
Would "revised travel times" remove that link, since it is between two BGT areas, or would it add that link normally to the worldmap, since that link does not exist in the original BGT?

Edited by Turambar, 05 September 2011 - 02:23 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#16 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Anyway, since compiling it every time is IMO a bit complicated, couldn't you include an already compiled version of mosunpack in your package

I was considering that, but not having a Mac binary makes me hesitate. But I expect I'll end up doing it that way anyway. There's no need for you to provide a Linux binary; I have one myself. But thanks for the offer.

PS: I would like to add to my mod a component which enables to travel (only in one direction) from Cloakwood mines to Ankheg Farm in a shorter time.
Can I just do that by adding a line to links.tbl?
Would "revised travel times" remove that link, since it is between two BGT areas, or would it add that link normally to the worldmap, since that link does not exist in the original BGT?

The way the old code worked and the new code currently works you can not do this by adding to links.tbl. I'll probably try to come up with some better solution than the current blanket exclusion, since it very obviously sucks and prevents all sorts of additions from working correctly with "Revised." (The relevant code is also hair-raisingly ugly.)

#17 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

What happened here?
Installing [Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map ico
ns] [v9 - beta 2]
Copying 1 file ...

Which travel times do you want?

1. Original Travel Times and Area Visibility
2. Revised Travel Times and Area Visibility.

PLEASE ENTER 1 OR 2
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Creating 1 directory
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...

Which size of the worldmap do you want?

1. Large Worldmap 4900x3500
2. Huge Worldmap 8000x6300

PLEASE ENTER 1 OR 2
Processing BP-BGT_Worldmap\language\english\moz\worldmap_small.moz...
Unpacking mos of size 4900 x 3500 (4235 tiles) in BP-BGT_Worldmap\language\engli
sh\moz\worldmap_small.moz to BP-BGT_Worldmap\language\english\moz\worldmap_small
.mos
Write of image failed!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate m
ap icons], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 5 files for [SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 5 files for [SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "BP-BGT_Worldmap/language/english/moz/world
map_small.mos")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.DEBUG to www.shsforums.net/forum/401
-worldmap/
Automatically Skipping [Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's
Gate map icons] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[dialog.tlk] created, 196011 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldu
r's Gate map icons

(both on beta 1 and 2)

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=7GJMLznz

#18 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Is it possible that it is assuming that the file does not exist in the dir it wants to before moving? I consolidated my CDX folders into one since it doesn't matter for the main game.

#19 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

What happened here?
[...]
Processing BP-BGT_Worldmap\language\english\moz\worldmap_small.moz...
Unpacking mos of size 4900 x 3500 (4235 tiles) in BP-BGT_Worldmap\language\engli
sh\moz\worldmap_small.moz to BP-BGT_Worldmap\language\english\moz\worldmap_small
.mos
Write of image failed!

It's an error from mosunpack. Unfortunately my C isn't what it could be so I'm ill-equipped to speculate in possible causes.

Does the WeiDU process have sufficient permissions to write to the concerned directory? Can you think of another reason for why mosunpack would fail to write to the directory?

#20 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

Looks familiar, there was a similar mosunpack error with LR (i ditched it, since i had already played a older version)...

I was told it could be caused by the path in baldur.ini but i already corrected that (in the bat first line file too).

Maybe the " ' " in the path?

HD0:=Z:\Baldur's Gate Trilogy\BGII - SoA
CD1:=Z:\Baldur's Gate Trilogy\BGII - SoA\CD
CD2:=Z:\Baldur's Gate Trilogy\BGII - SoA\CD
CD3:=Z:\Baldur's Gate Trilogy\BGII - SoA\CD
CD4:=Z:\Baldur's Gate Trilogy\BGII - SoA\CD
CD5:=Z:\Baldur's Gate Trilogy\BGII - SoA\CD

Edited by i30817, 07 September 2011 - 11:09 AM.