Worldmap 9, Beta

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Later edit : I noticed you had updated the tra file in beta 4 version. Please use my new version instead, as I made a few other changes, besides the Weidu prompts.

You got it.

I noticed the TP2 file had the French language included as :

LANGUAGE French	french ~bp-bgt_worldmap/language/french/worldmap.tra~
The ~~ are missing around the first two parameters. However this syntax didn't prevent installation when I tried beta 2 (I didn't notice the strange syntax then). But maybe it's better to fix it anyway.

Unless you are using special symbols (e.g., forward slash) or variable evaluation, tildes and quotation marks are largely anachronistic syntax today.

#42 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

Thank you for the explanation. I was surprised about that form because French was the only line without the ~~.

#43 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

Installed the b4. Now Candlekeep is to the west of Luskan, Neverwinter Wood and Longsaddle. All other icons are shifted too. Everything was OK with b2.

Edit: Forgot to add - I'm using megamod installation.

Edited by ScuD, 21 September 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#44 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Installed the b4. Now Candlekeep is to the west of Luskan, Neverwinter Wood and Longsaddle. All other icons are shifted too. Everything was OK with b2.

Edit: Forgot to add - I'm using megamod installation.

Are you using the same underlying mods now as you were when you used beta 2? If you install beta 2 on your current stack does the problem disappear?

Can you provide your weidu log?

Edit: Original or Revised? Does the problem persist if you use the other?

Edit 2: Eeek. If you are using Revised I've found the problem. *puts on the dunce hat*

Edited by Wisp, 21 September 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#45 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

I'm using Revised, yes :)

#46 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Beta 5 has landed.

New:
  • Fixed a regression introduced in beta 3 that would cause all kinds of searing-hot crazy to rain down upon you if you used Revised.
  • Fixed code for Tutu-revised to not use BGT-based data.
  • Updated the French translation.

Edited by Wisp, 21 September 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#47 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

Italian translation (readme excluded)

Attached Files

Edited by Turambar, 27 September 2011 - 12:16 PM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#48 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

Updated to beta 6.

New:
  • Added compatibility with components 1030, 1035 and 1036 of BG2 Tweaks, the Cloakwood components of BG1 NPC and component 2600 of BGTTweak.
  • Updated Italian translation.

#49 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Wisp, you have asked me translate new lines for WMP. Here it is, translated by Silent from Arcanecoast.ru

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#50 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

Wisp, you have asked me translate new lines for WMP. Here it is, translated by Silent from Arcanecoast.ru

Could you paste the stuff in new_lines.tra into the existing worldmap.tra and upload the resulting file? new_lines.tra and worldmap.tra have different character encodings, so I have no idea how it might explode if I do it.

#51 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:16 AM

New

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#52 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

New

Thanks.

#53 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

I have a compatibility request for the next version of the worldmap:

Added compatibility with components 1030, 1035 and 1036 of BG2 Tweaks, the Cloakwood components of BG1 NPC and component 2600 of BGTTweak.

Hi. I was planning to add to my mod a tweak, which adds a short-cut in order not to have to cross the whole of cloakwood (which usually leads to thousands of ambushes by ettercaps and wyverns when you're already weak after all encounters in the mines) when coming back from the mines: you still have to cross all 4 areas when you want to get to the mines, but it only takes 8 hours to get out of it.
In order for it to be compatible with revised travel times, a line should be added to the worldmap code:
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~Worldmap/TU_tweak2060.tpa~ BEGIN
INCLUDE ~Worldmap/TU_tweak2060.tpa~
END
This line should be added after the choice between original and revised travel times, after any physical modification to "bp-bgt_worldmap/2da/revised_soa_tob_links.2da" (since it produces an inlined file), but before reading the contents of the file (for example, on top of lib/revised.tpa).
The code inside that .tpa file will add a link to the revised bgt link table, allowing the new link I want to add to be added properly.
I will test that component on my own before releasing it, and nothing will happen if my component is not installed, so it shouldn't break the Worldmap mod.

Another question: is
REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bp-bgt_wm6.wm6~
a good way to detect if the worldmap is already installed?

TIA

PS: if you need it, the code which will be INCLUDEd will be something like
COPY - "bp-bgt_worldmap/revised/tbl/new_map_mods_links_bgt.tbl" "bp-bgt_worldmap/revised/tbl/new_map_mods_links_bgt.tbl"
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY...
but I might edit it in the future

Edited by Turambar, 08 October 2011 - 06:24 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#54 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hi. I was planning to add to my mod a tweak, which adds a short-cut in order not to have to cross the whole of cloakwood (which usually leads to thousands of ambushes by ettercaps and wyverns when you're already weak after all encounters in the mines) when coming back from the mines: you still have to cross all 4 areas when you want to get to the mines, but it only takes 8 hours to get out of it.
In order for it to be compatible with revised travel times, a line should be added to the worldmap code:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~Worldmap/TU_tweak2060.tpa~ BEGIN
INCLUDE ~Worldmap/TU_tweak2060.tpa~
END
This line should be added after the choice between original and revised travel times, after any physical modification to "bp-bgt_worldmap/2da/revised_soa_tob_links.2da" (since it produces an inlined file), but before reading the contents of the file (for example, on top of lib/revised.tpa).
The code inside that .tpa file will add a link to the revised bgt link table, allowing the new link I want to add to be added properly.
I will test that component on my own before releasing it, and nothing will happen if my component is not installed, so it shouldn't break the Worldmap mod.
[...]
PS: if you need it, the code which will be INCLUDEd will be something like
COPY - "bp-bgt_worldmap/revised/tbl/new_map_mods_links_bgt.tbl" "bp-bgt_worldmap/revised/tbl/new_map_mods_links_bgt.tbl"
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY...
but I might edit it in the future

Since beta 2 you should be able to accomplish this by simply appending to worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl before BP-BGT Worldmap is installed. If it still doesn't work it's probably because the designer(s) of Revised chose to revise that link away. But I don't think that'll be a problem here.

Additionally, the mod no longer uses inlined 2da tables. Everything is read from disk directly into WeiDU arrays.

Another question: is

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bp-bgt_wm6.wm6~
a good way to detect if the worldmap is already installed?

It'll work.

#55 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

Since beta 2 you should be able to accomplish this by simply appending to worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl before BP-BGT Worldmap is installed. If it still doesn't work it's probably because the designer(s) of Revised chose to revise that link away. But I don't think that'll be a problem here.

Oh, I didn't know you had simplified that code. I have tested my component and there are no problems. Thanks

Edited by Turambar, 09 October 2011 - 06:31 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#56 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

Beta 7 is out.

New since beta 6:
  • A Linux build of mosunpack is now bundled with the mod.
  • Fixed the character encoding for the French, German, Italian and Spanish translations. All symbols should now be correctly displayed on Windows and Linux, both during the installation and in-game. Thanks to Turambar for pointing out the issue.
  • Updated French, Russian and Italian translations.

There's still some stuff to be done for the German, Spanish and Polish translations. Details.

#57 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

This mod is not available for your platform

For the latest beta. Have I missed something? :)

Edit: Win7 x64

Edited by ScuD, 17 October 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#58 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

This mod is not available for your platform

For the latest beta. Have I missed something? :)

Edit: Win7 x64

What fun.
Beta 8 (now available) fixes this.

Edited by Wisp, 18 October 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#59 onerous

onerous
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Don't know if this is intentional or fixed but it takes 8 hours to get from Nashkel to the Nashkel mines. Assuming I installed the correct (original) times (beta 6), I feel that it is a little steep unless the miners work there for 5 days and comes home on weekends.

And thanks for making this compatible to early access to Cloakwood. :)

#60 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Don't know if this is intentional or fixed but it takes 8 hours to get from Nashkel to the Nashkel mines. Assuming I installed the correct (original) times (beta 6), I feel that it is a little steep unless the miners work there for 5 days and comes home on weekends.

I agree 8 hours is a bit steep (it's 4 hours in vanilla BG1) but for Original these travel times are determined by BGT (and not by the Worldmap mod).

You can effect a local change by editing the file "worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl", reinstalling the Worldmap mod and using the saved-game converter.

To edit the file, simply find the lines where SRC_AREA is AR3700 and TARGET_ARE is AR4400 (there are two lines). Change the value in the TRV_TIME column to 0 (0 hours travel time) or 1 (4 hours) or whatever you like. Travel time is TRV_TIME*4. Then do the same for the lines where SRC_AREA is AR4400 and TARGET_ARE is AR3700 and you're done.

And thanks for making this compatible to early access to Cloakwood. :)

No problems.

Edited by Wisp, 18 October 2011 - 01:29 PM.