Photo

Assassin's poison ability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbarchuk

cbarchuk
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

Once again I'm just offering some feedback about some of these new changes in abilites from my standpoint. These are all just opinion. Overall, as you've read from my other posts on the assassin, the changes made to this kit are fantastic and really add alot to make the assassin a powerful kit to play as oppose to the vanilla which was pretty weak overall. After playing this version of the assassin many times, I definitely think the poison ability is pretty weak as I've mentioned before. I really think this ability should somewhat be restored to how it was in vanilla or have it where it does a lot more damage on a failed save. 20 points just isn't very much and monsters end up making the save more than not any ways especially towards the end of the game. The poison weapon ability is an integral part of the kit and was notably the most important reason for taking the assassin kit in the first place. At any rate, this is the conclusion I've come to after 2 playthroughs using the assassin. It's just not reliable enough to really use effectively except at low levels. Once again this some general critique for you guys to consider. I don't mean it in a nasty way whatsoever. Thanks for reading.

Edited by cbarchuk, 08 September 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for the comments.

In my view, the Poison Weapon ability was simply too powerful in the unmodded game. The revised version from RR is lot more specialized. As you've noticed, it now actually requires the assassin to pick targets with poor saves vs. poison (i.e. mages, thieves and low level monsters) as it no longer indiscriminately works against all opponents. In essence, the behavior you experienced is intended by design.

#3 cbarchuk

cbarchuk
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Ah, ok. Fair enough. I appreciate the response again. It's cool to hear your perspective on these changes since I'm pretty new to this mod compared to many I'm sure.