Bigwold won't install, music errors

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -cmtheman-

-cmtheman-

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

Hi I am chris, age 25 and I live in the Netherlands
I am trying to install bigworld (BGT) but it gives me errors all the time!
now it gets stuck with the music part, I do not know what to do now.
I will put the last couple of lines of the debug.txt here:

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Resource Fixer
Don't worry about the Warning: "coefficients were truncated. Max. truncated value"
21. KELSEY/SOLAUFEIN RELATED NPC MODS
22. HLA-TABLES CHANGING MODS
23. INSTALLATION OF KITS
24. POST-BP TWEAKS
25. GRAPHIC AND PORTRAIT MODS
26. CLOSER INSTALLATION
[Setup-BGTMusic.exe] WeiDU version 22900
[Setup-BGTMusic.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

Installing [Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Adding CDAY1 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added CDAY1 Music
Adding CDAY2 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added CDAY2 Music
Adding CNITE Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added CNITE Music
Adding CHANTS Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added CHANTS Music
Adding DREAM Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added DREAM Music
Adding FDay Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added FDay Music
Adding FNite Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added FNite Music
Adding PDay Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added PDay Music
Adding PNite Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added PNite Music
Adding Temple Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added Temple Music
Adding BGTheme Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added BGTheme Music
Adding TDay1 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added TDay1 Music
Adding TDay2 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added TDay2 Music
Adding TNite Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added TNite Music
Adding Dung1 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added Dung1 Music
Adding Dung2 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added Dung2 Music
Adding Dung3 Music ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Added Dung3 Music
Adding BC3 Music ...
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 19 files for [SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2] component 2.
Uninstalled 19 files for [SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2] component 2.
ERROR: Failure("Throne of Bhaal requires ToBEx to support more than 256 kits.")
PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-BGTMUSIC.DEBUG at http://forums.spellh...p?showforum=261
Automatically Skipping [Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)

Press ENTER to exit.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)

What version of BGII do you have ?
Everything you can give from it helps...
Where it's from, CD, DVD, downloaded(and where)? Have you patched it... etc.

Also did you install any other .exe patching mods ? Widescreen mod, TobEx...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

Alert! This seems to be a major bug in BGT 1.12!

I confirm the "music issue". I'm having the exact same problem, except that I am not using Bigworld or ANY OTHER MOD for that matter! (Only one harmless text patch and the BG2 Fixpack, of course.) BGT itself installs fine, just like always. Then I try to install the BGT music using the third option (Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music with Exe patch). I'm using the standard 5-CD-version of BG2+ToB, nothing special. Before running setup-BGTMusic.exe, I have done nothing but these very few things:

1. As always, do a perfectly normal, full install of BG2 with ToB and patch 26498
2. As always, install the G3 BG2 Fixpack v9.01 and a text patch
3. As always, install BGT 1.12 without any problems

Then I launch setup-BGTMusic.exe using option 3. The setup starts and runs smoothly when adding the first 17 music files (for a total of 19 files installed by the setup at that moment). Then, when trying to add BC3.mus, it stops - at the exact same position as cmtheman reported as well. The full content of my SETUP-BGTMUSIC.DEBUG is attached at the end of the post.

Other Exe Mods such as Experience Corrections and Widescreen are working fine! As they should, since they have always worked with that exact same installation I'm always using. Only BGT-Music from BGT 1.12 fails. My tiny BGT installation without any extra mods leaves this component pretty much isolated, that's why I assume the problem is with the BGT-Music setup itself, not another component or my game version.

Also, why is that Error Notice (see the spoiler) saying something about Kits in TobEx?! I don't even have TobEx or anything related to it! All I want is to set up the music for my BGT installation the way I have always done. Please help me / please fix this.

SETUP-BGTMUSIC.DEBUG:
Spoiler

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

Also, why is that Error Notice (see the spoiler) saying something about Kits in TobEx?! I don't even have TobEx or anything related to it! All I want is to set up the music for my BGT installation the way I have always done. Please help me / please fix this.

The error notice is there to actually say that you need the TobEx to install this mod.
Yes, the print out is wrong, but so what.
And yes, install the TobEx before the BG2Fixpack.

#5 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry though, I don't really understand. Can you please explain this a little more in detail? What happened to the original BGTMusic Exe patch? I didn't see anything about it in the release notes of recent BGT versions. Why can't I use it anymore the way I used to? TobEx is fine, but why did the BGTMusic setup get changed (apparently)? Why not leave BGTMusic as it was - independent? Doesn't hurt anyone, and preserves the possibility to use it if one doesn't use TobEx. Also, if BGT kind of requires TobEx now, why does BGTMusic start at all if you don't have TobEx, and runs for a while, then stops half way through the process even though 17 music files actually could be installed successfully?!

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Only Ascension64 can answer your questions completely, but I bet it has to do with the BGMain.exe patching, and not wanting the one wreck havoc with the another, as the old BGTMusic made parts of the music list not to be used anymore.

#7 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hm ... I see. Well, in that case, guess I'm off to using TobEx now. Again, thank you for pointing me to it. :) I was really confused about the fact that *NOT* having a certain mod was the reason I ran into a problem. Usually it's the other way around.

Btw, perhaps the need for TobEx for the BGTMusic patch should be documented somewhere. You know, would probably help to avert some moronic, unjustified, uhm ... bug alerts. :doh: The instruction for installing music at PostInstall.htm seems like a good place for that (although given that TobEx goes before the Fixpack, at that point without TobEx, one would have to reinstall, but at least you get the info).

#8 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

Can you please explain this a little more in detail? What happened to the original BGTMusic Exe patch? I didn't see anything about it in the release notes of recent BGT versions. Why can't I use it anymore the way I used to? TobEx is fine, but why did the BGTMusic setup get changed (apparently)? Why not leave BGTMusic as it was - independent? Doesn't hurt anyone, and preserves the possibility to use it if one doesn't use TobEx. Also, if BGT kind of requires TobEx now, why does BGTMusic start at all if you don't have TobEx, and runs for a while, then stops half way through the process even though 17 music files actually could be installed successfully?!

The message displayed, "Throne of Bhaal requires ToBEx to support more than 256 kits.", is issued by WeiDU 229. It is fixed in WeiDU 230 and will now say "Throne of Bhaal requires ToBEx to support more than 100 musics.".

For details about this WeiDU message, you can check this topic on the WeiDU support forum.

This is not a change in BGT or BGT Music, but rather in WeiDU. BGT Music still patches BGMain.exe to allow for more than 100 musics. This thing is WeiDU now seems to check for ToBEx to allow more than 100 musics and so stops on an ADD_MUSIC command when this amount is reached, despite the patch included in BGT Music.

I believe this change in WeiDU escaped Ascension64 attention when he built version 1.12 with WeiDU 229. The changelog for WeiDU shows that this was probably introduced in WeiDU 228 (at least the message).

#9 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

This is not a change in BGT or BGT Music, but rather in WeiDU. BGT Music still patches BGMain.exe to allow for more than 100 musics. This thing is WeiDU now seems to check for ToBEx to allow more than 100 musics and so stops on an ADD_MUSIC command when this amount is reached, despite the patch included in BGT Music.

Very interesting, thank you for the clarification. It actually makes sense now. So my assumption that the BGT-Music setup had changed was wrong, rather WeiDU is "at fault", so to speak, for the way the music patching is handled and for the error message. I just tried the same procedure with WeiDU 230 and the error message is now displayed correctly indeed.

I do wonder whether something should be done about the current implementation, that is, WeiDU preventing BGT-Music from doing its job in case TobEx is missing. If the necessity for TobEx stems from the current Exe patch being too "messy", I'd still recommend the interdependency with TobEx to be documented somewhere, just to avoid confusion.

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

I do wonder whether something should be done about the current implementation, that is, WeiDU preventing BGT-Music from doing its job in case TobEx is missing. If the necessity for TobEx stems from the current Exe patch being too "messy", I'd still recommend the interdependency with TobEx to be documented somewhere, just to avoid confusion.

Well, it's not the WeiDU.exe that preventing the install, but the code in the mod itself that prevents the installation, as the required contingencies are not in place.

This is independent from what the WeiDU.exe does with the strings that pop up.
PS: if you want to actually have a properly implemented song list, you need the TobEx, if you don't, then just don't install the BGT-Music mod. And just for your information, the old BGT-Music that pre-dates this version, just overwrote the songlist with one of three shorter ones, and didn't do much else, except file handling that's required to make the BG1 songs to be available to be read by the "new" engine. See this was originally part of the subcomponent that handled the GUI installation too.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 01 October 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#11 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

Well, it's not the WeiDU.exe that preventing the install, but the code in the mod itself that prevents the installation, as the required contingencies are not in place.

This is independent from what the WeiDU.exe does with the strings that pop up.
PS: if you want to actually have a properly implemented song list, you need the TobEx, if you don't, then just don't install the BGT-Music mod. And just for your information, the old BGT-Music that pre-dates this version, just overwrote the songlist with one of three shorter ones, and didn't do much else, except file handling that's required to make the BG1 songs to be available to be read by the "new" engine. See this was originally part of the subcomponent that handled the GUI installation too.

Jarno, please, check the facts.

setup-BGTMusic.tp2 hasn't changed at all between v1.11 and v1.12. It's still patching the BGMain.exe as it used to since Ascension64 wrote the patch to allow for more 100 musics. I believe this option appeared in version 1.09 of BGT. It took benefit of going over 100 musics to include all BG and BG II musics (no compromise anymore, as it used to).
However, WeiDU now rejects the ADD_MUSIC when the fatal number, 100, is reached and TobEx is not installed (WeiDU now checks for this, see the link). It used not to check that limit. That is causing the failure when you choose the option to have all musics.

True, I suppose that BGTMusic should now acknowledge this change and add sanity check for TobEx being installed before offering the option to install all musics. Alternatively, it could install TobEx if this option is chosen.

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I think this is silly and WeiDU should not stop the modder from adding more than 100 songlist lines just because TobEx should be installed beforehand. I will see if the bigg can include an exception of some kind for this, because I do not intend for BGT to be used strictly with TobEx only.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)