Photo

(Request) can my Swashie use Talon please? :)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Meldiocre

Meldiocre
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

Per this thread http://www.shsforums...91 can you make pure thieves able to use scimitars? I'd like to dual wield on my Swashie but I can't equip Rashad's Talon. :( Thankies!

#2 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

[To find out exactly what this is about, please read the other thread(s).]

@ Meldiocre:
Look, Rashad's Talon and the two other scimitars ARE usable by thieves by default in BGT! You must realize that the reason why you, however, can NOT use Rashad's Talon is not because BGT wouldn't "fix it" - it is fixed. The reason you can't use it is because you installed, among other things, this one particular, additional component from BGT-Tweak called Item BG1-ification: Item behaviour changes (also pointed out by Sasha Al'Therin in the thread you linked to), which is responsible for SETTING those scimitars to be unusable by thieves. So, you see, your request for making thieves be able to use the scimitars is a little pointless, because they ARE able by default - all you have to do is to NOT INSTALL the above mentioned component from BGT-Tweak (that's why it is called Tweak, it's a non-essential option for players to CHOOSE), as this component is the culprit that deliberately makes your thief be unable to use Rashad's Talon and the two other scimitars, along with some other adjustments.

This is the quick solution to the usability problem you're currently experiencing with your thief. Now, on the other hand, I do believe your request for change is still valid, nonetheless, with respect to BGT-Tweak. As mentioned by Sasha Al'Therin (post #6) and as demonstrated by Meldiocre's case here, I do vote for changing the corresponding component in BGT-Tweak, i.e. removing the code that reintroduces the Unusability by thieves for sw1h20, sw1h22 and sw1h23. The desired BG1-ification of these scimitars goes a little too far there, because the reversion to the erroneous unusabilty is basically a reintroduction of an oversight.

#3 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

[...] the reversion to the erroneous unusabilty is basically a reintroduction of an oversight.

I love this part. But I'm a nerd for words.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Point taken. Will fix. Looks like we might have a BGT Tweak version 10 after all...

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Looks like we might have a BGT Tweak version 10 after all...

Yay! :)

In that case, there might be an opportunity for something I've been meaning to bring up for quite some time ... How about including the "Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2" tweak from the BG2 Tweak Pack Content Changes? Sure, it might be redundant if one uses the BG2 Tweak Pack anyway, but this particular tweak simply belongs to the BGT Tweaks by simple logic: It's a component which is selectable only and exclusively for a BGT install, and it is specifically designed for BGT - yet it is found in the BG2 Tweak Pack alone but is missing from the BGT Tweaks.

I know it's not that important, but I think it would be very reasonable. Also, there is no need to fully migrate this tweak from the BG2 Tweak Pack to the BGT Tweaks. It would just be nice to have the reputation reset as an option included in the BGT Tweaks as well. Only if someday a new version of the BG2 Tweak Pack will be released, then this tweak could be removed from it in order to "clean things up".

@ Dakk
Me too! :D Thanks!

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

I will need to get permission from the tweak pack people first, but is possible.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

If an updated BGTTweaks is coming, please consider updating "More Bandit Scalps" as suggested in the thread: http://www.shsforums...through-of-bgt/

Thanks!