Photo

permanent item duplicated

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aardvark1

aardvark1
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

Howdy! Wasn't sure where to put this so I dropped it in this forum thread. I've installed the standard version of the megamod and I've run into a small issue with a wolf companion mod item. Wolf companion Haiass comes with a chew toy which tells me the current level and stats of the wolf. Ive scoured the forums for this issue and unless I blinked and missed it, I haven't found a solution. The issue is that the chew toy is a permanent item and there is a duplicate item given to you after an encounter on one of the maps, west of Nashkel with a boy(demon) and his lost dog. The boy gives you a chew toy to allow his pet to follow you, which is the exact same item given to me with the companion mod. Now you see the problem, I have 2 slots taken up by the same permanent item. I tried looking for a cluacommand to remove or delete an item and can't find that either. Found every code to cheat or add items, but nothing to remove it.

Sorry for that long winded explanation of a simple problem. I don't doubt the solution is probably fairly simple but I just can't find said solution. thanks and cheers.

#2 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

I would try "Shadow Keeper" to remove this item (load your savegame in SK, remove the one item from inventory, save, play with this save game).

Hope this helps.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

The items look the same but have different codes within the game :D

Have you finished the little demon boy's quest though? :unsure: If the item isn't being removed even after finishing that quest... there's a problem :P Check this out just in case you didn't finish the quest :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 aardvark1

aardvark1
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

I'm long done Lollorian, in fact I just finished cloakwood mines and the item never left my inventory after completion. It's annoying having to leave some good items behind because my pack is already full because it's limited on all my character due to weight factors or space or duplicate permanent items. I shouldn't have deleted the mule mod :D . I just thought the mule was a bit much....now I'm thinking...maybe not.

Not sure about using SK fouinto. Would it mess with BWP? Ive never used it before.

#5 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

Not sure about using SK fouinto. Would it mess with BWP? Ive never used it before.

I don't know if it is safe, i have used SK for such a thing only a few times... but you can keep your savegame (before editing it) just in case...

BTW, SK will also allows you to check if Lollorian is right (check if it is the same item or not).

#6 aardvark1

aardvark1
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Actually gents, my gut feeling was correct and the solution turned out to be simple. I did appreciate the ideas and suggestions though and i was going to try them out later on. Once i reached Baldur's gate (bridge) the wolf leveled up and it removed both chew toys from my inventory automatically, then gave just the 1 back. It was a minor annoyance for a few chapters but Issue resolved :cheers: .

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hm now that's real freaky :D I'd assumed they were both different items but looking at how both got removed at Wyrm's Crossing (AR7900) - they seem to be the same (JUGUE2.ITM(

There are 2 scripts that give CHARNAME item:

JUGUE.baf:
IF
  See(Protagonist)
  NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
  Global("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    MakeGlobal()
    SetGlobal("HaiassSeUne","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("HaiassQuieto","GLOBAL",0)
    SetGlobal("HaiassJumpOn","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("HaiassDesdeBg","GLOBAL",0)
    Dialogue(Protagonist)
    TakePartyItem("jugue1")
    DestroyItem("jugue1") 
    TakePartyItem("jugue2")
    DestroyItem("jugue2") 
    GiveItemCreate("jugue2",Player1,0,0,0)
END
which removes the Level1 chewtoy and gives you the Level2 toy :D

HAIASS.baf
IF
  !PartyHasItem("jugue2")
  Global("HaiassSeUne","GLOBAL",1)
  Global("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    GiveItemCreate("jugue2",Player1,0,0,0)
END
which gives you the Level2 toy IF you don't have it :lol:

Maybe both the scripts fired simultaneously or something :unsure: Adding checks for all the chew toys in the second block might prevent that...

As for Albert & Rufie coming into the picture, I searched every mod I had and other than lots of interjections made by lots of NPCs, BG1UB giving a new reward to the quest and BDash trying to fix something... I didn't find any reason why they'd give you JUGUE2.ITM :unsure:

I also noticed something else that I'll report to the Haiass thread soon :P Good that you got it fixed though :coolthumb:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#8 aardvark1

aardvark1
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

Now I just wish this stuttering would stop. I ran into my 1st issues of stuttering after i finished the Nashkel mines. Once I returned to Beregost, the game was almost unplayable. Got some help and ideas from (sorry i forgot his name...jaarno?after 4 heart attacks, my memory is terrible)but that issue too also fixed itself eventually and for reasons i haven't figured out. I left beregost, went a few areas away and it got better, returned to beregost and all was fine again. Now i'm having the issue in Baldur's gate. Started well enough on the entrance map, then got worse as i progressed deeper into the city. Now i'm at the Hall of wonders and was about to teach Ragefast a lesson and it got so bad it's unplayable as of the lsat save. I'll try the same tactic and see if that helps(since i got a new quest that takes me out of the city anyways). Hopefully it works. I know from talking with (again his name Jaarno?), he mentioned i think something about the ambient sounds being the cause. I'll post this on it's own thread after i've tried a few things.

#9 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

his name is Jarno, and his FAQ is here. There are hints about game stuttering.

Edited by Fouinto, 22 October 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#10 aardvark1

aardvark1
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Been there done that Fouinto. I'm afraid i've lost patience with the mods. This is too much of a hassle for me when i have to be here every 2nd day checking bugs out and reporting issues. That's not a reflection on anyone here or any of the modders at all , so i hope anyone reading this doesn't get discouraged from using BWP. It's well worth it and the work that's gone into it is amazing. I'm just too old and impatient these days to sit there for hrs trying to figure out mods or ltests or stuttering so bad i get a migraine. (Even more importantly, i begin to wonder if my computer system is even healthy). I just wanted to install this thing and play my old favorite until the next fallout, the upcoming elder scrolls in november and the final mass effect come out. I'll probably just play an un-modded game all the way through and skyrim should be out. Maybe if my daughter or grand-daughter come to visit, i'll sick them on this project. They both love these types of computer/programming/modding challenges that i once relished.

ps thnx for the correction on the name. Despite my bad memory i was close :lol: Jarno was the one who helped me out with my previous stutter issue.

Edited by aardvark1, 22 October 2011 - 07:16 PM.