Photo

LolFixer Thread

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#341 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

So what should I do? Enter "SNOW_TROLL" in MALAR10.BCS at line 6?

I've found them in ANIMATE.IDS and they have different indexes:

0x0000 FIRE_RING

0XE0C0 SNOW_TROLL

#342 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hi All!

Question re Lolfixer/Fixpack. SpellpackB6 contains several problems, especially I've found them in conjunction with Aurora shoes and boots and RR. I did not found my content on SHS, but as far as I remember and could restore from files on my PC:

1. Animations and effects on laying traps (mixed with other mod?)

2. Rouge killed when mage detects invisibility (mixed with other mod?)

3. Impossible to target neutral PC with Finger of Death (mixed with other mod?)

4. Effects of Prayer and Recitation are not completely as found in description. (probably in spellpack itself)

5. Non-resistable Web (mixed with other mod?)

So, does Lolfixer/Fixpack wrap SpelpackB6 or it is still the source of bugs in conjunction with some mod combinations? Sorry if some issues are fixed, but I've made several installs since BWP 10.x and these bugs were traveling from install to install :-) Cannot tell if they present in 15.7, still didn't finish it (BDash was stopper).

Added: TS is also updated to v7.06. Only 7.04 and 7.06 are available to download, no 7.05 found. Aarrrghhhh! :wall:

Added2: not actual anymore. Adopted old TS fixes to 7.06. They were trivial. Hope, nothing new will break a game.

Edited: removed my fix for Baldurdash 1.75 and TS 7.06. I will provide updated files of BiG World Fixpack in v15 Megamod thread later.

P.S.: Maybe move this to BiG World Fixpack thread? Moderator, would you be so kind and help me with this?

Edited by EvilMax, 27 August 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#343 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:36 AM

Okay, it's been some years since anyone posted something on the Lolfixer thread and the last person doing it didn't receive much support.

Unfortunately Lollorian has not been around since 2015 but someone may still answer two questions:

1) Is "10122015" the latest version available?

2) Are there components that may be best left out due to the fact that since the last version of Lolfixer there have been updates to many modifications?

Thanks! 

#344 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:28 AM

Hey Salk,

I've installed all components of Lolfixer (latest I could find on GitHub) for my current multi-mod BGT run. No issues so far; I'll keep you posted if anything comes up.

#345 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:41 AM

Thanks, Andrea C.

I will keep that in mind once I am that much down in my Installation. Right now I am too busy trying to make things work properly with IR® and 1PP.  :shifty:

It may take a few days.

#346 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:09 AM

Hi Salk

Unfortunately Lollorian has not been around since 2015 but someone may still answer two questions:

1) Is "10122015" the latest version available?

there is "19022016", i dont know who is author, just found on my hdd

Attached Files

#347 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for sharing, Insomniator.

#348 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:35 AM

Hi Salk,

From my little experience, you need to know what you do when you use lolfixer; it is a two-edged sword... It can create as many issues as it solves. The last version seems to be included in BWP fixpack.

From what I know:

- Component 0: area fixer can mess up with some mods and particularly with Jarl’s BGT Adventure Pack --- this mod put existence of doppelganger creatures to 0 and area patcher put them back to normal value, leading to bugs during the merchant league quest (BG1)

- Component 2: Inventory unborker add object to inventories that was not meant to be added --- for exemple, tethtoril, in one of the fist quest of bg1, the identification scroll quest in candlekeep, now has a chainmail +1, a mace +1 and a Medium Shield +1 that can be stolen... he is only a monk...

- Component 4: Inventory Overhauler equipe items that don't need to be equiped and unequiped items that need to be equiped

- Component 8: Not game breaking but Majestic Item fixer add placeholder icon when it is not needed -- some item should not have description icons for example.

- Component 9: also not game breaking but Portrait icon assigner is a bit too efficient... the less portraits icon you have, the better it is...

Edited by TotoR, 07 July 2021 - 09:41 AM.

#349 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:15 PM

Thanks for the excellent information there, TotoR.

I do remember the issue with Component 2. I think I may have even reported it in the past but I cannot really remember.

I will keep well in mind your warnings in case I decide to install any of those components (unlikely after what you told me).

Cheers!

Edited by Salk, 08 May 2021 - 09:38 PM.

#350 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:33 AM

From my little experience - lolpatcher removed .cre from .are if it was embedded without external .cre

May .are was broken , i dont know exactly, but one of key person in Drizz's Saga mod was removed

#351 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2021 - 08:19 PM

Thanks, guys.

I think it's safe to say that the Lolfixer needed much more work to make it safe so I will skip it completely.

#352 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 12:37 AM

Hi Salk,

Lolfixer is still a great addition for Mega-mod installation. I have only indicated that some components have to be used with cautions... In other hand, components 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 seems working without drawbacks and can avoid some mega-mods CTD (Missing animations, non-existent items...)

#353 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:45 PM

Oh alright, TotoR!

I will take a better look at it once it is time. I am also sorry (small OT) that I did not have yet a change to test BGGO-EE after you fixed the installation but I am going down the list of my modifications and I am working on revising items for Item Revisions... Revised. I guess it will become Item Revisions Revised Revised...  :lol:

Thanks again for all your help here and elsewhere.

And that goes to Insominator... Speaking of Insomniator... I have a dream that he will become the new maintainer of ToBEx... He has the competence and he is a very nice fellow.  :cheers:

#354 WanderingScholar

WanderingScholar
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 09:06 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I still play the originals, so I thought this might be worth mentioning.

Component 6 [Creature Stuff - Duplicate Creature Effect Remover] removes tons of stacking level based class and kit effects from creatures. For example, wizard slayers get many instances of "Magic resistance bonus (166)" tied to their level. This component strips all creatures of all these intended stacking effects. 

I've no idea if Component 11 [Item Stuff - Duplicate Item Effect Remover] also has similar consequences. 

Is the purpose of these components just to clean up the files? I'm assuming there's no inherent drawback to having duplicate effects (like haste or poison immunity) on a creature.  

Edited by WanderingScholar, 04 January 2024 - 09:06 AM.

#355 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 01:11 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I still play the originals, so I thought this might be worth mentioning.

Component 6 [Creature Stuff - Duplicate Creature Effect Remover] removes tons of stacking level based class and kit effects from creatures. For example, wizard slayers get many instances of "Magic resistance bonus (166)" tied to their level. This component strips all creatures of all these intended stacking effects. 

I've no idea if Component 11 [Item Stuff - Duplicate Item Effect Remover] also has similar consequences. 

Is the purpose of these components just to clean up the files? I'm assuming there's no inherent drawback to having duplicate effects (like haste or poison immunity) on a creature.  

If a creature has multiple effects, it could add lag. At least I think that was the argument at one point.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#356 WanderingScholar

WanderingScholar
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 11:02 PM

If a creature has multiple effects, it could add lag. At least I think that was the argument at one point.

I think the component probably needs to be re-written to only target a list of specific opcodes. Like Invisibility Detection (193) and Poison Resistance Bonus (173). Stuff like this is duplicated quite often and is pretty safe to remove.