LolFixer Thread

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#321 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:45 AM

As promised, the new reindexer for SPL and ITM files from this post is committed :cheers: Let's break some more shit :devil:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#322 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:43 AM

Small addition to the majestic creature fuxer - it will now assign the Gibberling animation to all creatures that do not have an animation assigned from the ANIMATE.IDS (so BG2Fixpack is essential for this part to work properly on a vanilla BG2 install)

Reference code here - this will prevent crashes :)

Edited by Lollorian, 10 December 2015 - 08:43 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#323 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:52 AM

Small addition to the majestic creature fuxer - it will now assign the Gibberling animation to all creatures that do not have an animation assigned from the ANIMATE.IDS (so BG2Fixpack is essential for this part to work properly on a vanilla BG2 install)

Reference code here - this will prevent crashes :)

Fantastic - some really good ideas make you wonder why nobody had them before.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#324 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

... that do not have an animation assigned from the ANIMATE.IDS ...
It's obviously time for me to go and remove all the town resident ids'ed from that file. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#325 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

Well I've updated the lolfixer's own repo (about time) and added a kickass readme based on this post to detail exactly what the hell it does :lol:

PS: The lolfixer might soon become independant of the BWPFixpack

#326 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

@Lollorian, apply this fix to the SCS's lib_macro.tpa...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#327 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

@Lollorian, apply this fix to the SCS's lib_macro.tpa...

Done :cheers:

#328 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

BG2EE full Tactical pre-selection BWFixpack issues report:

1. running BiG World Fixpack.bat does not copy res_fixer and lolfixer to game directory

2. running BiG World Fixpack.bat pauses twice (start and end message) because BW Installpack and BW Smoothpack are not present

3. vampiretales:

patching file `vampiretales\american\CMGMIRIJ.tra'
  Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
  1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to vampiretales\american\CMGMIRIJ.tra.rej

patch attempts to add '<' to CHARNAME tag on line @49, but this is no longer necessary (the author fixed this)

4. alora:

patching file `SETUP-alora.tp2'
  Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
  1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to SETUP-alora.tp2.rej

patch attempts to change version '1.3' to '1.5 BWP fix' but Alora is now version 1.5
  the other patch for bcmalor.d is still working

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#329 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

Guess I need to update my shit :D I just merged all the URL updates you made in the bp-test branch into master - might wanna review it in case something slipped by :P

Also, BWPFixpack thread :cheers:

#330 -Arm-chair-

-Arm-chair-

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:36 AM

Hello! I have some problems with your mod. Can you fix them? :crying:  It's from my BWS debug.txt:

"[MALAR10.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 6 column 1-30
Near Text: SNOW_TROLL
    syntax error

[MALAR10.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 6 column 1-30
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [MALAR10.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [MALAR10.BCS] -> [override/MALAR10.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Spell Fixer], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1422 files for [SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2] component 14.
Uninstalled    1422 files for [SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2] component 14.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-LOLFIXER.DEBUG to Lollorian
Automatically Skipping [Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Spell Fixer] because of error.

ERROR: [C!PP29.ITM] -> [override/C!PP29.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds")
MAJESTIC Item Fixer (fix abilities, animations, enchantment levels, types, drained items, missing flags/links/icons) (Lollorian's LolFixer) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

You can try to repair the problem and install the component again afterwards. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spend time on that now, you can also exit the program.
Enter [r]etry or [e]xit."

Please, help me! Because <_<  "Without this component the installation cannot be continued."

#331 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:50 AM

Could you look for a C!PP29.ITM in your BG2 override folder and upload it somewhere please :) It's something related to the invalid ability removal code.

For the MALAR10.BCS thing, grab the latest NearInfinity and extract it to your BG2 folder, run it and navigate to BCS -> MALAR10.BCS and paste the contents of the file here.

Also post WeiDU.log contents (should be in your BG2 folder)

It might take a while to debug though so if you're ok with it, you can skip the lolfixer installation and continue your game.

#332 -Arm-chair-

-Arm-chair-

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

I have tried to reinstall Wheels of Prophecy, but it doesn't help.

How can I skip the installation, if BWS refuses to skip this mod? What file (there are three files) in NearInfinity I must extract and run? :blink:

Here are 1)Weidu and 2)C!PP29.ITM:

1) https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

2) https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#333 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

A cludgy fix is to remove C!PP29.ITM and CDPP29.ITM from the override folder and replace the version of DW#MELRI.ITM in the override folder with the one in cdtweaks/backup/2150.

(If you later need to uninstall or reinstall a mod that was installed before Tweaks Anthology, be sure to put the original ITM files back.)

#334 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Thank you, it fixed problem with C!PP29.ITM! But not with MALAR10.BCS. Maybe if I hadn't installed Wheels of Prophecy, lolfixer wouldn't crash?

Edited by Arm-chair, 17 August 2016 - 08:46 PM.

#335 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

No, that's probably a different error.

#336 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

How can I skip the installation, if BWS refuses to skip this mod? 
Might wanna ask the BWS guys to make this mod (or just that component) optional if it isn't being installed reliably.
What file (there are three files) in NearInfinity I must extract and run? :blink:
NearInfinity-20160812.zip 

Had a look at your C!PP29.ITM and it's so malformed that NearInifnity refuses to open it. Using a hex editor let me see that the effect & ability header regions seem to overlap.
@Lollorian It was Wheels of Prophecy item issue which was fixed in the lastest version
Ok :) Is there a post about what causes this?

#337 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

Had a look at your C!PP29.ITM and it's so malformed that NearInifnity refuses to open it. Using a hex editor let me see that the effect & ability header regions seem to overlap.

@Lollorian It was Wheels of Prophecy item issue which was fixed in the lastest version

Ok :) Is there a post about what causes this?

It's not really that they overlap, but that they are/can be just set in different order and if a function that would edit it doesn't read the offset markers as they are, but assumes that they always stay in the x first then y, and they are y first and then x, there's a whole lot of trouble as the two are different lengths.

Mike said this here:
Technically, dw#melri.itm is fine in v5, it's just using a non-standard ordering (effects before abilities). Rather than changing the file again, I've fixed the component in Tweaks that was tripping up on items with non-standard orderings [link].
I would assume that making a weidu comparison of the items effect offset and ability offset's values would allow to see in which order those are, and burn everything to the ground so a new, a better things could be raised from the ashes.

Edited by The Imp, 19 August 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#338 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

Ah understood :) Someone needs to make the lolfixer use this

#339 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hey, I've managed to open  MALAR10.BCS. It's here:https://drive.google...OUY0Z0hTcDhZUWs

#340 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

Wierd, your error:

[MALAR10.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 6 column 1-30
    syntax error

seems to suggest there should be a "SNOW_TROLL" somewhere in there.

Also, MALAR10.BCS comes from Reign of Terror not Wheels of Prophecy and the MALAR10.BAF exactly matches the one provided in RoT (which implies that either nothing modified it or that your ANIMATE.IDS has FIRE_RING & SNOW_TROLL pointing to the same index)

You can use NearInifnity (or any text editor) to verify your ANIMATE.IDS (should be in your override)