Photo

Witness Quest Restart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kamuizin

kamuizin
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Well, frist of all thx for this great piece of work my friend, and as the title of this topic suggest, i'm here to pass my personal perception of the mod.

Frist of all i list what mods i have installed with BTL:

- Darian NPC mode V1
- Kelsey NPC mode SoA V21 and ToB V22
- Kido NPC mode V7.0
- CrossmodBG2-V13
- Weimer Solaufein NPC V103
- Weimer Item Upgrade V37

With that exposed now i go to the BTL:

In my perception i think the talks betwen Kiyone and Kova are to much extended, they make a philosophical speech each time they chat, in the early chats of the game is cool, but later it bother a little.

Another problem is that if u stay to much time in chapter 2 they just restart some of the chats (some of them i read 4 or 5 times)

I don't remember the order i installed all the mods but i'm pretty sure that the item upgrade was one of the frists i input on the game, in the frist time i have gone to Crowell, the chat options where bugged, so i did a reinstall on the Item Upgrade mod, after that everything was alright.

My Darian mod is bugged, darian name is displayed as "some tears..." but i'm not using that NPC in this gameplay so i didn't bother to reinstall the mod.

Kelsey Mod: When Ceara appear to me, in chapter 3, i had just arrived in the "Slums" from the "Arnise's Keep", ceara start a chat and told that she had a group to capture kelsey, hoverer when the battle begins she didn't had any allies, summoned a invisible stalker and start to trow daggers on Kova. Was a ridiculous battle, but i don't know if the bug comes from kelsey mod or some incompatibility with BTL mod.

For now that's all, any news during my gameplay i ll make sure to report here, to contribute with this great job.

I almost forget, after i did renal bloodscalp quest, he told me that from his part, the thieves encounters would diminish, hoverer they continued in normal spawns, and the mages encounters nearly vanished. By the way corneil don't have a bribe option for kova's mage encounters, the only bribe option is the normal game bribe to be allowed to cast magics on the city.

Edited by kamuizin, 03 November 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#2 kamuizin

kamuizin
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Is this forum still active? i forget to save before take decision on how the witness would reach inspector brega, so now i'm trying to restart the Myroven sequence, i research and got Myroven char code already (z#messen), hoverer if i just create the chat she doesn't speak with me (the red "char is busy" comment is displayed when i try to speak with her).
So if someone know the CLUAConsole code to restart this quest sequence, or if someone know what i have to change in shadowkeeper global variables, i will apreciate, cos its a pain in the ass change codes when i'm ignorant on the matter, it's like give a shot on the darkness TT.

Just found the global variable to change (Z#Baevrinplot), the value was 19, by making a change to 1 i restarted the Myroven apperance and the poison village quest!
For the resource above work, is needed to change to the Z#Baevrinplott to 1 and the Z#Bvplotardelspoke to 0.
Hoverer the use of this method make the witness quest fail even if u kill everyone of the ambush, in fact i even tried to use ctrl+Y to kill every enemy on the spot after arledrian kill the mage, but after a while, myroven start a chat saying that the mission has failed TT. (working on that in the dark for now)

Edited by kamuizin, 06 November 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

Is this forum still active? i forget to save before take decision on how the witness would reach inspector brega, so now i'm trying to restart the Myroven sequence, i research and got Myroven char code already (z#messen), hoverer if i just create the chat she doesn't speak with me (the red "char is busy" comment is displayed when i try to speak with her).
So if someone know the CLUAConsole code to restart this quest sequence, or if someone know what i have to change in shadowkeeper global variables, i will apreciate, cos its a pain in the ass change codes when i'm ignorant on the matter, it's like give a shot on the darkness TT.

Just found the global variable to change (Z#Baevrinplot), the value was 19, by making a change to 1 i restarted the Myroven apperance and the poison village quest!
For the resource above work, is needed to change to the Z#Baevrinplott to 1 and the Z#Bvplotardelspoke to 0.
Hoverer the use of this method make the witness quest fail even if u kill everyone of the ambush, in fact i even tried to use ctrl+Y to kill every enemy on the spot after arledrian kill the mage, but after a while, myroven start a chat saying that the mission has failed TT. (working on that in the dark for now)

Great you can restart the Quest. Before restarting the quest, remember to set the SPRITE_IS_DEADZ#BAEVRIN (I think) to 0. Otherwise even if he survived, the game registers him as dead, hence the failure option. You may also want to set Z#MESSEN to no longer dead as well, but that's your choice.

It might be best though to restart from your last-last save, if you have a suitable save, that is... AutoSave, maybe?

Other Walkthrough Notes
http://www.shsforums...missed-content/

PS : I intend to split off this reply and your questions to a separate topic on restarting Witness Encounter, hope that's ok? Cheers

Edited by Zyraen, 07 November 2011 - 05:38 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#4 kamuizin

kamuizin
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

No problem Zyraen, i ll start a new game later with BTL agin, cos i don't have a clean save and i mixed so much the CLUAConsole codes in my actual saves that is incredible just the fact i can load the games without a crash :).