[TRANSLATION] BGT-WeiDU 1.13 lines

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

I no longer have resident translators for German, Polish, and Korean, so would like some translations done for BGT-WeiDU 1.13.

1. Is this mod released, or is it still in beta?
Released.

2. If this mod is still in beta, are dialogue additions likely?
No.

3. Is this mod already traified?
Yes.

4. If traified, are you willing to supply the accompanying code, should the translator wish to view the lines in context?
Shouldn't be necessary, but OK.

5. Approximately how many lines need translation?
Will send all consolidated into one file. Approx. 100

6. Describe the particulars of the mod (type of mod, brief summary of any NPCs involved)!
BGT-WeiDU.

7. Preferred languages?
German, Polish, Korean

8. Please list other mods by the same author, if any, for comparison of writing style.
Nil

9. Any deadlines?
ASAP

10. What game and what mod is this for?
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, the

11. Anything else you'd like to mention?
Files attached. tra.txt to be translated in standard Windows encoding native to the language (if applicable). tra2.txt to be translated in DOS/OEM encoding native to the language (if applicable). For tra2.txt in languages using mostly English characters, please avoid using any special characters.

Edited by Ascension64, 05 December 2011 - 03:56 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Shi woo

Shi woo
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hi, Korean is done!

Attached Files

• Attached File  tra.txt   3.87K   295 downloads
  • Attached File  tra2.txt   2.37K   253 downloads

#3 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I'm doing the German translation (If I were sure I had the time, I'd gladly be your new resident translator). Little problem though: Line 204051 says ~Melf's Minute Meteors (Alteration)~, but the corresponding school is actually invocation. However, the spell (spwi325.spl) does use the alteration-type casting animation - strange. This is all according to Near Infinity with a standard BG2Fixpack + BGT-1.12 installation. Did a change-log on the spell file - no results. Can you confirm that I should use "invocation" as the term to translate, i.e. will this get changed in the original English tra file?

#4 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

Also, since the lines in the first tra file seem to list all level 2/3/4 mage spells, is it possible that the spell "Dimension Door" (spwi402) is missing?

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Dimension Door was never meant to be chosen as a wizard spell in vanilla BG2.
Melf's Minute Meteors is a mistake, should be Invocation. Wizard Eye should also be a combination of Divination/Alteration. Since I can easily pick the words out anyway, just translate as is and I will fix up on my side.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

Slight need for clarification here: Could you please give me an example of how the lines -1004 and -1005 are used as part of a whole sentence? Thanks. :)

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

(@-1004= "PLEASE post the files bgt\bash.debug and ") SETUP-BGT.DEBUG (@-1005= "to") <forum address>

--------------
Retired Modder

#8 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

I think I'm going to need more examples for some of the other lines as well. The syntax is quite tricky.

-1010 to -1012
-1021 to -1027
-1030 and -1031 (Particularly: Which sentences are terminated by those question marks?)
-1035 (Is this meant as if there could be a colon, or is it part of a complete sentence?)
What do the lines -1038 and -1039 refer to?

Thank you in advance. Sorry this takes so long.

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

-1010 to -1012

Re-Installing [ <TP2 file name> ] component <component number> <component name>
Re-Installing Using Language [ <language> ]

-1021 to -1024

Removing [ <name of component> ] (component # <component number> )
SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED [ <name of component> ] (component # <component number> )

-1025 to -1027

Install Component [ <master component name> ]?
[R]e-install, [N]o Change, [U]ninstall, [Q]uit or choose one:
<subcomponent options>
<currerntly installed subcomponent option> (currently installed)

Install Component [ <master component name> ]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
<subcomponent options>

-1030 and -1031 (Particularly: Which sentences are terminated by those question marks?)

I need to ask the bigg this one.

-1035 (Is this meant as if there could be a colon, or is it part of a complete sentence?)

Using Language [ <language> ]

What do the lines -1038 and -1039 refer to?

This is the QUICK_MENU implementation

From the WeiDU readme

The test/test.tp2 mod has 13 distinct optional components.
To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather than being asked about each one.

[A]sk about each component, [S]kip all, or choose a pre-defined selection:
1] Red
2] Green
3] Blue

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Sorry, could you please change @-1004 to

@-1004= "PLEASE post the file "

No longer need bgt/bash.debug to be sent.

(@-1004= "PLEASE post the file ") SETUP-BGT.DEBUG (@-1005= "to") <forum address>

Also, Polish translator has been found.

Edited by Ascension64, 19 December 2011 - 02:10 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

-1004 changed accordingly.
The only thing left that I need to know is where -1030 and -1031 are "coming from".
Also, I have set up -1025 and -1026 in a way which only works if these lines are prefaced using -1006. I hope that assumption is correct?

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Here is what Turambar said about @-1030 and @-1031.

I think that could be forced subcomponents: if none is installed yet, you must install one; no escape.
If you have already one, you can reinstall that or install another one, but not uninstall it.

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Alright, I'm ready to submit.

tra files

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Thank you! :D

Any chance for a fraction more lines? Don't worry about @-1004, since you have already changed it.

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Done. :)

I guess the lines 700020 - 700023 belong to the BG1 intro movie, therefore I didn't translate them verbatim but used the equivalent words from the movie.

I don't know exactly how you plan to use the movie lines, but FYI: The German version of that intro movie is a little different from the English one. Apart from the blood at the end not being displayed, the @700020 line is also missing (i.e. no quotation screen, the movie starts abruptly with the camera facing the tower). I did all translations accordingly (also see my annotations in the tra file). I included the German mve file in the upload, just in case you need it to check up on the differences.

tra3

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Fantastic, thanks. There might be issues for when the subtitles appear, so you've had an eagle eye on this one. :)

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

Ah, I understand better. French version does not have a quotation screen either, that probably explains why subtitles are shifted from the voice over.

The quotation translation subtitle appears on the tower, I wondered what it was. Perhaps it would be best to disable the quotation for the French version.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

For German, I had decided to include the quotation right up to the moment before big baddie shows up. I can do similar with French. My question is whether your translation matches up with the dialogue in the movie? If so, I won't need to adjust the translation, but will need you to send the French INTRO.MVE from BG1 so I can adjust the subtitle timings.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 hindo's doom

hindo's doom
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

zz

Edited by hindo's doom, 27 February 2015 - 05:13 PM.