PnP Elementals aTweaks

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

I have fought Shoal yesterday. Could you make nereids a touch less determined to kiss charmed targets?

She is a tad harder now, isn't she? But the exhibited behaviour is in-line with PnP and I'd rather not alter it for convenience's sake.

However, a few things should be noted. First, a Nereid can't charm/kiss female characters, so sending Imoen/Jaheira/Dynaheir/Branwen... etc. after her will make the battle a lot easier. Likewise, sending some conjured/charmed animals to fight her (or basically anything with GENERAL != HUMANOID && GENDER != MALE) will have the same effect. Secondly, the Beguiling Aura can't affect Blinded characters so, in a pinch, you can blind your best male fighter and send him right in. Sure, he will have a huge THAC0 penalty, but at least he won't get charmed/kissed anytime soon. Lastly, if you can afford them, Potions of Clarity will keep your male characters completely safe.

#162 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

I enjoyed the harder Shoal, making her quiet an enemy when not helping :P

Cheers

#163 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

She is a tad harder now, isn't she? But the exhibited behaviour is in-line with PnP and I'd rather not alter it for convenience's sake.

I haven't played BG1 for six years, can barely remember difficulty since then :)

My complain, however is not as much about convenience as about locking onto a single target behavior. Edwin was staying out the fight - bad luck he was caught by charm at all, - yet Shoal rushed straight to him, ignoring everything else on the long way. I haven't actually tried it out, but I suspect it opens the window of possibility for getting stuck trying to reach the victim.

Looking upon the script, I would suggest at least using a Range(target,10) check and rely upon random walking to get close to potential targets.

A more complicated solution would be to use a chasing timer, but it probably is not necessary in open areas, although a SSL script can have it compressed to manageable size nevertheless.

Edited by GeN1e, 17 June 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Retired from modding.

#164 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Nereids are not added to Lighthouse map, because the script is inlined, but not appended to ar9500.bcs (fw3600.bcs on Tutu?).

Retired from modding.

#165 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Finally got to see some of the PnP Elementals component, courtesy of an Elder Earth Elemental that wiped the floor with my party several times.

Kudos for that. :new_thumbs:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#166 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Heh, thanks, I guess. :)

I take it Earthquake knocked most of them out?

#167 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yeah. The badass punch didn't help, either. And the elemental concealment was rage-inducing.

I don't think I ever paused about whacking an elder elemental before, and it's a more than welcome change, so I'm looking forward to see more of the same. :Bow:

Edited by Daulmakan, 26 September 2012 - 02:33 PM.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#168 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

I've installed SCS/atweaks/SR and am wondering if they all play along nicely together? I think I've read several threads about fiends, so that's fine, but in terms of PnP elementals: Are my SR spell versions of these replaced by atweaks, or just the elementals I will encounter as enemies? Similarly for Call woodland beings etc? I used the BWS installation order, so I think atweaks comes after SR.

#169 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've installed SCS/atweaks/SR and am wondering if they all play along nicely together? I think I've read several threads about fiends, so that's fine, but in terms of PnP elementals

Yes, they were tested together and aTweaks was designed to account for both SR and SCS as long as it's installed after them both.
Are my SR spell versions of these replaced by atweaks, or just the elementals I will encounter as enemies? Similarly for Call woodland beings etc?

Yes, aTweaks' versions of the elementals will be used in all instances.

#170 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hello Wisp!

I was wondering why the spell Beguiling Aura targets females as well? I checked in NI and the IDS target seems to be correctly set to Gender / Male...

Is it something that others are experiencing too?

Thanks!

Edited by Salk, 01 August 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#171 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

I can't reproduce this issue, unless you are referring to the sparks which fly toward the PC. That's because the projectile targets everyone, but the effects (which are applied after the projectile hits) screen out everyone who isn't male. Not really a way around that, short of switching to a projectile without sparks.

#172 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

Hello!

I can't reproduce this issue, unless you are referring to the sparks which fly toward the PC. That's because the projectile targets everyone, but the effects (which are applied after the projectile hits) screen out everyone who isn't male. Not really a way around that, short of switching to a projectile without sparks.

Yes, sorry for not being clear. I was speaking of the projectile.

Thanks for the information.

#173 FixTesteR

FixTesteR
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 01:02 AM

Hi! Are PnP Elementals still broken as the description in the Mod Installation Tool suggests? Meaning buggy behaviour could occur.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PnP, Elementals, aTweaks