Photo

Changing XP settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Norbert-

-Norbert-
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

I just installed BGT-WeiDU 1.13 (and later updated to 1.14) yesterday and even though the readme stated that I'd be able to choose, wether I wanted the adjusted XP gain from scrolls and traps to be applyed or not, the question never came up during the installation.
I even tried to uninstall and then re-install with the --ask-everything parameter, but still I had no choice.

Could someone please tell me how I can reset the XP rewards for reading scrolls, disarming and unlocking back to what they used to be in retail BG2, either through some script (or if possible to a value between the two, since I agree that the retail value is too high, but I also think the current value is too low). Or alternatively how I can make that option appear in the installation process.

Edited by -Norbert-, 20 February 2012 - 04:20 AM.

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Could someone please tell me how I can reset the XP rewards for reading scrolls, disarming and unlocking back to what they used to be in retail BG2, either through some script (or if possible to a value between the two, since I agree that the retail value is too high, but I also think the current value is too low). Or alternatively how I can make that option appear in the installation process.

BGT Tweaks can reset the XP rewards to vanilla BG2. aTweaks also has a relevant componet, which aims to provide rewards that are sensibly large in both BG1 and BG2. There are plenty of details in the aTweaks readme, which is included in the mod package (SHS' readme service is currently down).

#3 -Norbert-

-Norbert-
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

Thank you.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

I just installed BGT-WeiDU 1.13 (and later updated to 1.14) yesterday and even though the readme stated that I'd be able to choose, wether I wanted the adjusted XP gain from scrolls and traps to be applyed or not, the question never came up during the installation.

Which readme stated that? I don't see this mentioned anywhere in a BGT-WeiDU readme file.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)