Photo

Completely Lost on Installation

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Okay, I disabled my antivirus, renamed the file (apparently it includes the .exe hence the redundancy) and got things moving a bit.

At first it didn't recognize the setup tp2 file, so I moved that out of the mod folder and into the BG2 directory with the exe.

Still no dice.

Debug attached (again).

Attached Files

#22 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

From looking at the log it looks like the English TRA files have become corrupted, or missing. Why don't you use my arleady packed version? It's attached with this post.

Attached Files

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#23 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

You can perfectly use the 5521 patch. But you will need to install 5512 first. The 5521 alone isn't enough, it's only an EXE patch that requires 5512 patch already applied.

says someone else. so, you need both. install bg1, look at the version. if it says 5512 install patch 5521. If it says 5521 do nothing. If it says something lower than 5512 install BOTH, in the proper order.

If it helps any now I have to reinstall everything too, arrg. ;-)

#24 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Will, it says your file is 'invalid' and won't let me open to extract.

Enk, it's already on 5521, so hopefully it's good.

#25 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

That's a problem with the forums, which corrupt the attachments... try opening it with 7zip

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#26 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

That's a problem with the forums, which corrupt the attachments... try opening it with 7zip

7zip?

(full retard, remember)

#27 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Click on the first Download link (.exe 32-bit x86 7-Zip for 32 bit Windows)
Install it, and use that to open the file (if you right-click on the file, you should have an option extract with 7zip).

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#28 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I tried opening with 7zip but that's not working either. The nifty black box thing pops up, disappears, and nothing happens.

#29 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Why is it that every time I try uploading a zip file that it gets corrupted somehow? (sigh). Anyway, I have made a 7z compressed version that should hopefully work for you.

Attached Files

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#30 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Doesn't seem to be working.

When I select what to open it with, what exactly should I be using? In the 7zip directory there are a few different things..I'm not sure if I'm using the correct one.

#31 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Doesn't it automatically open with 7zip if you double click on the archive?

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#32 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Unfortunately, no. I'm prompted to select which program to open it with.

#33 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

The program you want is "7zFM.exe", if you want to know which program works.

#34 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

That got it working, but it says there's a problem with my BG1 installation.

It's pointed to the correct directory, and the patch is 5521. No disc in and my antivirus was off.

Debug attached, if you need it.

Attached Files

#35 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Did you actually do a full installation of Baldur's Gate? I don't know how the D&D Antholgy version handles installation, but on the origonal version, you do a full install by doing a custom installation and selecting everything, both with the main game and Tales of the Sword Coast. The problem may be that you don't have a complete Baldur's Gate installation.

#36 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Did you actually do a full installation of Baldur's Gate? I don't know how the D&D Antholgy version handles installation, but on the origonal version, you do a full install by doing a custom installation and selecting everything, both with the main game and Tales of the Sword Coast. The problem may be that you don't have a complete Baldur's Gate installation.

The Anthology doesn't give you the option. You just tick off whatever games you want installed.

#37 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Check to see if MOVIECD1-6.bif are in the movies folder inside of the Baldur's Gate directory. Also, do you know if you have to swap disks when transitioning between areas? That indicates that the D&D Anthology version does not do a full installation by default.

#38 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Check to see if MOVIECD1-6.bif are in the movies folder inside of the Baldur's Gate directory. Also, do you know if you have to swap disks when transitioning between areas? That indicates that the D&D Anthology version does not do a full installation by default.

I purchased everything on Gog and everything seems to have installed correctly.

Over the years, I think I've bought BG over ten times, by now.

Can't thank everyone enough for all the help. You guys are the Boo to my Minsc.

Now all I need to know is if there is an XP cap solution for BGT? I usually use the teamBG lvl 50 patch for BGII, but I'm not sure if that would work in this instance.

I have big plans for a sorcerer solo.

#39 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I purchased everything on Gog and everything seems to have installed correctly.

Over the years, I think I've bought BG over ten times, by now.

Thanks. No shame in buying the game many times - the more copies you have the merrier. Share and enjoy the GOG version, too.

Now all I need to know is if there is an XP cap solution for BGT? I usually use the teamBG lvl 50 patch for BGII, but I'm not sure if that would work in this instance.

Install the BG2 Tweaks component "Change Experience Point Cap - Remove completely", which allows you to advance to level 50. If you really want to, you can reduce the cap - not really endosed, but you can.

#40 Vicomte

Vicomte
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Know where I can find this?

I've been searching, to no avail.