• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#101 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

It seems that EA don't really want to sell Omega. I've just spent a frustrating forty minutes trying to find it on Bioware and EA - not a chance... Can anyone help?

-Y-

#102 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

It seems that EA don't really want to sell Omega. I've just spent a frustrating forty minutes trying to find it on Bioware and EA - not a chance... Can anyone help?
-Y-

When you launch Origins, click on "my games", then on ME3 and the little "i" (more details). "Shop for add ons" button beneath the cover of ME3 and Omega is listed there. It costs 1200 BioWare points.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#103 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Or you can tab out of the game itself via the Ctrl + F1 keys, or via the Downloadable Content menu... and use Origin to do the shopping.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#104 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Or you can tab out of the game itself via the Ctrl + F1 keys, or via the Downloadable Content menu...

With my method, you don't even need to launch the game. :P

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#105 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Oh - really easy to find then? Thanks Origin - just the same really-easy-to-find method that you're supposed to have improved upon some time back </sarcasm>

Thanks guys.

-Y-

#106 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Dev Blog: Creating the Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC @ BioBlog

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#107 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

There's talk of a new DLC:
Mass Effect 3 DLC: BioWare 'all hands on deck' for next add-on @ Computerandvideogames.com
Next Mass Effect 3 DLC Has "High Potential for Tears" @ IGN

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#108 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Oh great. I nuked Alenko on Virmire - how the hell did he escape that???

On a different topic - Omega's definately worth two or three hours of your time. The end fight on hardcore is a real bitch at first; unfortunately, after you've had your a$$ handed to you on a plate a few times, you start to work out the patterns...

-Y-

#109 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

One word: Cerberus. Darn, this could actually be a thing.

On a different topic - Omega's definately worth two or three hours of your time. The end fight on hardcore is a real bitch at first; unfortunately, after you've had your a$$ handed to you on a plate a few times, you start to work out the patterns...

What ? Erhm, maybe I have played the Multiplayer way-too-much- but I though it was easy on Impossible.

#110 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

My paragon femShep finally finished Omega yesterday. I think it might be worth it playing as a renegade: word is you're getting a kiss from Aria, if you favor the lower right dialogue option. :)

So, it's very good graphics-wise. New areas, new enemies, a nice set of weapon upgrades - basically, it's a long action-game-like quest with some story thrown in. I'll be frank: the story didn't move me even a little bit, although the developers added a female turian-Aria romance and some moral choices. It's very straightforward, very "kill, kill, walk, walk, kill some more". I liked the batarian, Bray, but he gets almost no story. Main villain? No story at all. Aria? Basically, she says to your paragon that she was a pain in the ass("but I admire your tenacity") and lets you walk away without as much as a thank you(although paragon choices mellow her a little, your relationship is not exactly that of two good friends). The only heart-wrenching moment I had was near the end, when we walked into a hall with chairs,
Spoiler
That was a blow in the gut.

But anyway - if you can get it for free or almost-free later, or with other DLCs, yes, it's worth it. Right now, for the price it has? Nah.

Edited by Eleima, 12 December 2012 - 12:28 AM.
Spoiler tags added

#111 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I took the liberty of adding spoiler tags, it is possible some people haven't finished the main game yet. :)

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#112 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I took the liberty of adding spoiler tags, it is possible some people haven't finished the main game yet. :)

:new_thumbs:

#113 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

The Illusive Man needed the greasiest man available

#114 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

BioWare has announced their final ME3 DLC packs, Citadel and Reckoning, for the single-player and multiplayer mode respectively. Reckoning will be released on February 26th (free), and Citadel will follow on March 5th (priced at $14.99). There will be a live stream event for the Reckoning DLC pack on February 25th. Eurogamer has posted a summary of the information released so far.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 22 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#115 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the news! I'm very excited - and terribly scared to be disappointed, but I hope it won't come to pass - the disappointment, I mean.

Folks, I'm, um, sorry to ask such a tactless question, but the actor who's played one of my favourite characters, Zaeed, passed away - does it mean Zaeed won't be in the Citadel?

#116 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Folks, I'm, um, sorry to ask such a tactless question, but the actor who's played one of my favourite characters, Zaeed, passed away - does it mean Zaeed won't be in the Citadel?
Nothing is for sure, as he could have recorded his voice over dialog months ago.

Ouh, no, I need to play the ME2 and ME3 all over again... :D :devil: ... and yet again, it will take months as I need to get my MP inventory full of UR equipment, while I am not even done with the last patch, well actually I only have 1 out of the 12 URs fully upped to the X, but I have 4.5 mils in spare to buy the new stuff as a reserve. Näh, I can't play enought of this thing...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 February 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#117 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm in the middle of a ME2 playthrough with an Adept, so I guess I'll finish that run and wait until I can grab Citadel before playing ME3 again - it should be good though, as I haven't played Leviathan or Omega either (I finished the game after the Extended Cut was released). Reckoning should be fun too, although I'll admit that I'm a little concerned about EA's policy towards keeping the multiplayer servers running after the last DLC packs have been released.

As for Zaeed, BioWare may have unused VO recordings by Robin Sachs, so there's a chance for one, final appearance.

R.I.P. Robin Sachs.

#118 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Apparently, Robin Sachs will have some lines in the Citadel DLC:

Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC stars late Zaeed actor, BioWare pays multiplayer tribute @ Joystiq

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#119 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I love you, Eleima! And I love Zaeed. Always and forever. :)

Here's what I'm wondering, though: Citadel is the last single-player DLC, right? Yet Reckoning, a multiplayer DLC, adds new weapons that are not available in single player. Does it mean we'll never get them in single player, I wonder?

#120 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

They've stated before that Citadel is their last single-player DLC, and that makes sense, since we're definitely reaching the end of that development cycle.  Churning out more mutli-player DLC takes up less ressources, and still brings in cash, so I wouldn't expect to see the multiplayer weapons find their way in the single-player.

And you're welcome.  :)

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif