Photo

Not having much luck....

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Y'know, I didn't think this would be it, because I'd had an experience with a corrupted game last time 'round, and it caused a crash, rather than a freeze. But removing the 'save' folder from the directory fixed the problem. Thanks!

#22 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Well corrupted save folder then. :lol:

Main thing is that your game is working again. :coolthumb:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#23 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Until the first time I tried to sell an item, and crashed to desktop....

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BGMain.exe
abnormal program termination

#24 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Continued, on the off-chance that it was just Winthrop as a vendor that was messed up. First time I got poisoned by a hobgoblin arrow, game crashed. Looks like I'm just going to have to reinstall.

#25 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

And, on the re-install, game still crashes when trying to buy or sell to Winthrop. Which means I'm buggered again, most likely.

#26 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

Can you provide new weidu.log? I see in the one you posted in first post that it stopped at 1pp mods, no creature check or biffing or gui selection~
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#27 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

Here it is. Not 'complete;' I've already deleted the last install, and have been crashing today because it doesn't like "Level 1 NPC's." I activated components that, when I got to the install, didn't really want to implement. The auto-loader lets me select 0 to bypass, and then crashes anyway once I've gone through them all.

Attached Files

#28 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Third time unlucky. Once again, game dies when trying to sell crap to Winthrop.

Attaching the WeiDU log and the BWS Debug, in case anyone's curious.

Attached Files

#29 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

I've reinstalled from the discs, and gone with a straight "megamod plus." There's other stuff I'd like to try, but having spent several days trying to get a working install, the other stuff can wait until another time. This is still plenty of content.

And Winthrop buys my crap now, so maybe this install will work. Here's hoping.

#30 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Game is stable and I'm making good progress. Got all the way to the bandit camp last night. F/T/M with, right now, Ajantis, Xan, Imoen, Gavin, and Kivan.

Some minor things that are frustrating. Ammo only stacks to 40, potions to 5, jewelry and other odds and ends don't stack at all. And the bags don't seem to hold very much. I suppose they're that way in vanilla and I'm just spoiled, but I'm terrified of going back in and modding further in case it wrecks.

#31 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Bone Hill--the horn is not where it's supposed to be. So the mage upstairs doesn't go hostile. Also, the staff is not in the basement...there was just a regular, non-magical staff in that spot. So, the mercenaries who want it back won't be turning up. I know there's something that randomly removes overpowered items--so the bandits don't drop a girdle of hill giant strength, and prob other stuff I'm forgetting--but perhaps the list of stuff it removes is overly broad?

#32 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

You're right, BP-Balancer seems to remove those if you select component #28 // Item and XP Balancing for 'Secret of Bone Hill (v2.75)' -> Also remove ALL overpowered custom items (will not affect quest relevanted items) which is indeed false.

To be removed in sobh_action_macro_areas.tph :
line 430
Spoiler

line 780
Spoiler

No idea which "END"s end what as I don't know much of this WeiDU code so I didn't include them. Also I think this has been reported before. The items might be a bit overpowered but they're quest relevant.

Edited by Beleg33, 19 June 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#33 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Skeleton Lords in the Woods of Sharp Teeth are a bitch. Also, "Protection from Undead" scrolls appear to be broken. Game crashes on cast.

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Here's a modded sobh_action_macro_areas.tph that leaves the 3 SoBH-specific items it removes (BHBHORN, BHBUDSTF, BHFSW1) :cheers: All 3 of them are referenced by the mod's scripts and dialogues so they're probably quest-related (or at the very least some banter fodder :lol:)

I also went through the other area item removal codes (for DrizztSaga, DSotSC and NTotSC) and they don't seem to remove mod-specific items that are referenced by the mod's scripts/dialogues so they're probably safe :P

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#35 medhbh

medhbh
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Wow. Very cool, thanks!