Photo

Ongoing testing and working on current changes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

This thread is designed for working on and testing upcoming changes to BGT, prior to the official release of a new version. You may also discuss any issues that are clearly related to changes introduced in a recently released, official update of BGT.

The current talk about the BGT build v1.15 pre-2 is continued from here.

@Ascension64
Yes, the baldur.ini is present in my BG1 directory. I'm standing by for testing if you want me to try out something regarding the syntax error or the tis2bg2.exe message.

Edited by -Hurricane-, 08 April 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

If you find the following lines and add the keywords EXACT as shown below, that should fix it up.
ACTION_IF "%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~win32~ BEGIN //not Linux or Mac
  AT_NOW ~ren %bg1_dir%%slash%baldur.ini baldur.bgt %debug%~ EXACT // <-- here
  LAM bash_log
  //needed to be sure that it will be restored even if installation fails
  AT_EXIT ~ren %bg1_dir%%slash%baldur.bgt baldur.ini %debug%~ EXACT // <-- here
END

Also at line 213 is the superfluous AT_EXIT del tis2bg2.exe.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Also at line 213 is the superfluous AT_EXIT del tis2bg2.exe.

Confirmed. The spurious "could not be found" message at the end is gone now. :)

Concerning the syntax error, the two additional EXACT tags didn't help, unfortunately. I still get the two error messages, one for the AT_NOW renaming command and one at the end for the AT_EXIT command. I checked my BG1 folder during the installation of BGT - the baldur.ini hadn't been renamed.

Since the REN command is supposed to reference the BG1 folder, i.e. a location outside the default game directory, I simply tried putting the whole path in quotes as it used to be in 1.14. This actually worked (no more syntax error), but is this a viable solution?

ACTION_IF "%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~win32~ BEGIN //not Linux or Mac
  AT_NOW ~ren "%bg1_dir%%slash%baldur.ini" baldur.bgt %debug%~ EXACT
  LAM bash_log
  //needed to be sure that it will be restored even if installation fails
  AT_EXIT ~ren "%bg1_dir%%slash%baldur.bgt" baldur.ini %debug%~ EXACT
END

#4 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I installed 1.15 pre 2 in French today, on Windows 7 64 bits. I didn't read the messages before, so I didn't fix line 213 and I indeed got an error message about a command not found just when WeiDU wrote successfully installed.
I only had BG2Fixpack 9 (official version) installed before BGT.

I tried starting a new game and the voice are properly in French, whatever way was implemented to get the INTRO*.WAV files into the game. I also tried the other WAV files with Near Infinity and they are right.
I also tried some older games from version 1.12, one in Ulcaster, with successful access to the worldmap and travel to another area (well, the worldmap used in from the save game, so it doesn't say much), and another one to trigger transition to Amn, which worked very well. I had the feeling it was quicker than in my memory, with not much time to start worrying (about 15 seconds to get to the ambush scene).

In the DEBUG file, I noticed no "error" (or "erreur" either from the command line) but I noticed about 80 warnings regarding MOS or _(HT|LM|SR).BMP files for areas when dealing with the TIS files. For instance, for ar3101.tis:
Warning :     Cannot handle area MOS file

Warning :     Cannot delete source area MOS file
Everything it cannot handle seems to end up with a "cannot delete" afterwards.

I jumped to AR3101 without issue. I also tried AR7200 at night as I had these warning for AR7200n. It also worked properly. So I assume it is just a false alarm from tis2bg2.

Regarding a new worldmap, I started in Candlekeep, then moved through the console to AR6900, then proceeded to travel normally to the Friendly Arm. It worked properly too.