Kagain and a small bug with scripts

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 -Mythlacar-

-Mythlacar-

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Okay, two small questions. I installed BGT and the import the old NPCs function. Question is, I just completed Irenicus' dungeon, but didnt find Kagain. I checked every single room, but never found him, is he elsewhere in the game?

Also, the script attack doesn't work, they'll just sit there if they see enemies, not a big problem, but annoying none-the-less.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Kagain is somewhere else, the BGT Tweaks readme should reveal where he is... and you haven't selected an active script for the character... it's probably "NONE" for now... you need to go to the character sheet and "customize" -> "script" ,,, or the like, *away from my game*.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, I did that, customize -> Script -> then the basic attack script, so they attack when they see enemies, nothing fancy but it gets the job done, and it won't work, oddly enough.

And thank you very much btw :D

#4 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

The readme doesn't tell exactly where the npc are relocated. I can tell you he's not in Irenicus dungeon but somewher in Athkatla.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Also, just checked, the readme doesn't tell where Kagain is, just mentions he can be brought in. I'll check the copper coronet, I saved just outside of Chateua Irenicus last time I played

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Haha, beat me to it, thanks :D

#7 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Eventually you'll find him when leaving town for a grand adventure !
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#8 popmaster

popmaster
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Same ai bug here. "Standart attack" & "Passive" scripts do not function: dude's just standing there like a log when being hit. Other scripts (below these two) work fine.

Latest g3fixpack+bgt+g3tweakpack+roguerebalance(fencing only) installed.

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Party AI is on?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 popmaster

popmaster
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

Party AI is on?

Are you implying I'm retarded?

#11 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Party AI is on?

No ? Sometimes the things we miss are the stupidly obvious ones.

#12 popmaster

popmaster
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Party AI is on?

No ? Sometimes the things we miss are the stupidly obvious ones.

I guess it includes my previous post where I said that other scripts (besides these two) work fine. But I agree.

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

IF
    AttackedBy([ANYONE],DEFAULT)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        AttackReevaluate(LastAttackerOf(Myself),30)
END

IF
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        AttackReevaluate(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),30)
END

This is the standard attack script. It is not exactly very exciting. However, unless your AGEN.BS has been overwritten or non-existent because another mod changed it, all you should see is your char going to attack enemies that they see.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#14 popmaster

popmaster
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hey, thanks for the tip but I already deleted bgt so it's fine. Seems like no one's reporting it so it's probably our own prob. Anyway, you're a pretty cool guy Ascension.

_b

#15 -Shin-

-Shin-

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Actually I have this very problem with scripts as well, using BGT. The standard attack script looks like this:

IF
AttackedBy([ANYONE],DEFAULT)
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
AttackReevaluate(LastAttackerOf(Myself),30)
END

IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
ActionListEmpty()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
AttackReevaluate(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),30)
END

Could it be the ActionListEmpty() lines that cause problems? At any rate, it will lead to characters using this script becoming completely inactive.

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

If the character is doing nothing, then these blocks have a chance of firing.
If you make the character do anything at all (even moving around), the script blocks won't fire.

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 Mephisto

Mephisto
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

I think I have the same issue with my BGT 1.15 installation. Now that I have the scripts, could you please tell me which file I should edit to solve the problem? I remember that I tried setting character AI as "agen" or "apass", but it doesn't seem to stay. Next time I check, it is "AI: none" again. Your help is very much appreciated!

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Unless another mod is modifying which AI script your characters have, your assigned scripts shouldn't change. If you aren't using any other mod, and whenever you choose a custom script, it gets reset to none, then I'm unclear as to what's happening there. You can try editing your saved game and assign the scripts manually using NearInfinity or similar.

--------------
Retired Modder