31 replies to this topic

#21 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner but
Spoiler

works just as good. What do you think A64?
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

I was trying to avoid the "everything else" trigger, but that might have to do if restricting checks too much causes incompatibility with Refinements.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Was this ever fixed, I wonder? :) I see no new release of BGT even though it has been months.

#24 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Was this ever fixed, I wonder? :) I see no new release of BGT even though it has been months.

Well, the fix usually involved not installing mods that cheese the few files that are needed. The BG2 Tweak pack component is redone in the current v9.xx version which will make the component compatible with BGT... it's been a long time that the problem has been known, and it's in the compatibility notes.

As for the 0x0000 kits, the fix was reported the bigg and should be in the fix phase on the mods that it affects... and added to the BWS fixpack...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 November 2012 - 08:18 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#25 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Either you are misunderstanding something or I am :)

I started this thread some time back and the culprit turned out to be that Refinements changed around a few things, confusing BGT. I had expected (since it's a complete game-breaker) that it would be fixed by now, but I see no update on BGT, so therefore i ask what happened with this :)

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

I started this thread some time back and the culprit turned out to be that Refinements changed around a few things, confusing BGT. I had expected (since it's a complete game-breaker) that it would be fixed by now, but I see no update on BGT, so therefore i ask what happened with this :)

Well, it turned out that the Refinements mod is correct... and the Kit.ids file should be changed to be 0x4000 0000 and 0x8000 0000 for barbarian and Wildmage, like the Refinements mod does... and if the other mods do not botch this, the BGT should work with that, as it should takes just the correct number, not the false ones.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#27 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ah, so I was misunderstanding :D

Thanks for the link, I read up about it. But i'm not entirely sure what is the true culprit here, and more importantly, what I as the end-user needs to do to prevent this from happening.

Correct me if i'm wrong:
- BGT actually reads correct values, which is set by the Refinements mod.
- BG2 tweak pack used to mess this up, but is fixed in current version.
- Aurora mod used to mess this up, but is fixed now or in BWP Fixpack?
- Level1npcs used to mess this up but is fixed now or in BWP Fixpack?

Also, are there any known Kit mods/mods that also mess this up that should be avoided for now?

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Neither fixed in the mods nor included in the BWPFixpack yet :P The latter would probably happen earlier though whenever this batch of files gets included into the BWPFixpack :)

Your best bet would be to open your KIT.IDS using NearInfinity (it opens like a normal text editor) and change whatever BARBARIAN and WILDMAGE values you have to 0x40000000 BARBARIAN and 0x80000000 WILDMAGE respectively :cheers:

PS: Make sure you're using ToBEx

Edited by Lollorian, 24 November 2012 - 07:37 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#29 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Neither fixed in the mods nor included in the BWPFixpack yet :P The latter would probably happen earlier though whenever this batch of files gets included into the BWPFixpack :)

Your best bet would be to open your KIT.IDS using NearInfinity (it opens like a normal text editor) and change whatever BARBARIAN and WILDMAGE values you have to 0x40000000 BARBARIAN and 0x80000000 WILDMAGE respectively :cheers:

PS: Make sure you're using ToBEx

Thank you Lollorian :) a good workaround for the time being then :)

Just one thing... One have to make this change in KIT.IDS *after* the whole megamod has been installed right?

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Now that I've read the entire thread, I'm kinda under the notion that the problem you have and the thing Jarno linked to are unrelated :P

Can you just check your KIT.IDS for what value magetw has please? Better yet, export your KIT.IDS using NearInfinity or DLTCEP and attach it somewhere :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#31 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Now that I've read the entire thread, I'm kinda under the notion that the problem you have and the thing Jarno linked to are unrelated :P

Can you just check your KIT.IDS for what value magetw has please? Better yet, export your KIT.IDS using NearInfinity or DLTCEP and attach it somewhere :D

That would be kind of funny :P I was a bit confused about what he talked about but in the end it sort of seemed to make sense :P

Anyway, I started this thread kinda long ago, and that install is long gone now. So I can't troubleshoot it much :P In that install, I solved the problem by following Beleg's suggestion edit after the install which worked fine.

The reason i brought it up again, was because I am about to make a new install, and I didn't see BGT updated so i figured to check if this "edit" was still necessary or if a fix had been made somewhere else. That's where Jarno came in.

On kit.ids values though: Fortunately I posted the full contents of that file back when i was troubleshooting it. It is on page 1, I hope it helps :) magetw was 0x4036, it seems.

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Jarno wasn't off the thread as it turns out :P His link was probably related to the entirely different issue you pointed out here :D

As for the Refinements-BGT Start Spell borkage, Beleg33's solution would work awesome :) I've also replaced all instances of:
Kit(LastTalkedToBy(), 0)
with
Kit(LastTalkedToBy(), WILDMAGE)
So that the ToBEx-enabled expanded Kits can be used (if ToBEx is installed ofcourse :P Otherwise, WILDMAGE would still default to 0 ;))

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 27 November 2012 - 08:56 PM.