Wonderful Work

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rianess

Rianess

Nosey Parker

• 457 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I've now played through SOA and TOB with the Adrian romance active, and I just wanted to stop and let you know how much I enjoyed it.

The writing is insightful, poignant and at times, very funny. The character is well developed, but does not overshadow the main story line. The PID is thorough and relevant, and also very believable.

The music is lovely, very moving and emotional. Also the epilogue was realistic and very touching.

Fantastic work on this character, I only wish there was more of it - but that's just 'cause I'm greedy! ;)

Well done to any and all who were involved in the making of this mod, you are a credit to yourselves and the community.

Thank you again for sharing it with us, enriching our gaming experience.

Edited by Rianess, 17 October 2012 - 10:27 AM.

And remember, never leave a naked person unattended.

"She was pining so much, I said to her - phone him! But don't mention me, not after that business with the baguette!"

#2 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed him! :D

I have sort of been contemplating adding more content at some point -- well, beyond the never-ending dialogue tweaking that is my bane. Whether or not it will ever actually happen remains to be seen, though. Crazy, crazy burnout.

#3 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I finally finished this today (I had to take a break to deal with some family issues) and really enjoyed it. He's a very well-rounded character. Writings is excellent, NPC interactions are spot on. Looking forward to any other mods you get involved with.

#4 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Haha, you're reminding me of certain things I should be working on and am not.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it! (I know you ran into pretty much every technical quirk in the thing.)

#5 -Jaqel-

-Jaqel-

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm somewhere in the middle of the game now and I am totally in awe.
I got that issue with a low adrianlikespc variable when his quest started, and have as a result been walking the friendship path unknowingly for a while. It's good to know how much more of his trust I have gained as a romantic interest. Not all mods handle this difference as well as yours. Adrian's complexity never becomes excess, I doubt it ever could with his personality and backstory being this thought-out psychologically, geographically, etc. This is easily the least caricature NPC, native or modded-in, I personally have encountered (and/or romanced) anywhere, ever. Pure perfection. Thank you!! :)
It would actually be nice if the list of PID questions (including the 'silly' ones) updated every time I feel like it, but well, can't have it all, sadly.
Also, he got me thinking on some nuances of lawful evil vs. chaotic evil worldview which resulted in an epiphany of sorts.

Once again, for everyone: this is what can probably be (I'm not yet finished with the playthrough,after all) the ultimately outstanding NPC mod of the millenium for those who love their melodramas handled elegantly and their emotionally traumatized companions behaving believably (and charming on occasion. Heartbreakingly). Can't use words frequently used to describe passable mods to describe this one. Can't recommend it enough. Also, the NPC portrait of the millenium.

#6 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thank you! It really is wonderful to hear that you're enjoying him so much. :D And you really have hit on a number of things I was playing with in him -- K'ae and I once joked that he's a bit of an anti-Drizzt; i.e., he probably should have been a halfway decent person, but that oppressively evil environment he was raised in really did sink its claws in much too deeply.

But yeah, there's a bucketload of lore on his hometown, and so much of it is really very ugly, so trauma was... kind of unavoidable, haha. Even if it weren't, I'd decided pretty early that I wanted to play the Zhentarim as straight as possible, and yet didn't want the character swallowed up by the organization's mystique, so the best option seemed to be to write someone who had played that game and lost. Horribly. So I'm very glad to hear that that aspect of him is working for you!

Anyway, as for PID... it drives me up a wall and makes me want to kill things, but if you (or anyone else, of course) can think of other things you'd want to ask him, I'd be happy to add it in. =)

#7 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I just installed Adrian (I didn't know about him!) and am playing now. I'm not too far in, but just finished his quest. He is fascinating and lovely and just a wonderful, wonderful romantic prospect! I had better win him over. ;) I'm a good-aligned sorcerer, but I think I'll "get" him. :)

Anyway, thank you so much for all the work on him. He is getting me addicted to this adventure again and I can't wait to see how he reacts to everything that has yet to happen. I should have brought Jaheira along instead of leaving her in Chateau Irenicus in her cage...but oh well...next time! I can at least summon her in ToB.

And yes - his portrait is scrumptuous!

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#8 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm so glad you've been enjoying him! If your good alignment doesn't turn him off early, you'll proooobably be alright. He's not terribly fussy about alignment issues. =)

Jaheira banter in ToB does kind of assume that she was around in SoA (they have... problems, to put it mildly), but you should still get them without any hiccup.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy him! :)

#9 Jaqel

Jaqel
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Just wanted to say once again, now that the whole game is over, what a pleasure it was for me. I'll have him in the party as often as possible.
There's not enough advertising for this mod, people!

#10 Mario

Mario
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm travelling with him in my party and even though I am not going to romance him (playing with male romancing Dace) I am quite surprised with how great is your writting! I really like him a lot (and even haven´'t started his quest). So..... Isra BG2-TOB asap pleaseeeee!!!!!

Edited by Mario, 09 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.