Messenger of Nalia's Father Funeral quest

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi

I've Nalia in the party and a messenger appeared (naliames.cre) a week after clearing the keep.
The Nalia messenger gives me the "Nalia's Father Funeral quest" and goes away, then.....respawn and give me again the "Nalia's Father Funeral quest"....infinitely....also if I change the area respawn again the Nalia messenger... :huh:.
I tried to ctrl-y him but he respawn again!! <_<

I tried go in Graveyard but the funeral cutscene not start and the Nalia messenger respawn... :angry:

Using vanilla BG the quest work fine, pheraps some mod or something else in the .bc files no work well!!

Here is the naliames.bcs and ar0800.bcs
Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 22 December 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Please attach NALIA.BCS (hopefully BAFed :P) and check the "Script Name" of NALIAMES.CRE :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

The "Script Name" of NALIAMES.CRE should be "naliames" because with Near Infinity there is the following:

script name: "naliames"
override script: "naliames.bcs"
class script: "agrandbr.bcs"
default script: "bpcber2b.bcs"
dialogue: "naliames.dlg"

Here is Nalia.bcs

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 22 December 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#4 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

I noticed that after dialogue with "Nalia Messenger", if I set the global to 1 using: CluaConsole:SetGlobal("NaliaMessage","GLOBAL",1) the "Nalia Messenger" no longer spawn and all seems works fine so far, but I don't want to use the Console :)

Probably I must to change one or more files .bcs, but wich one??

Hey Lol :)
Can you take a look at my .bcs files??? Pleeeeeaaasseee!!! :crying:

Edited by ilot, 23 December 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Ah sorry about not checking sooner :P

I've had a glance through your NALIA.BAF and nothing jumps out as the problem though :unsure: This new connection between GLOBALNaliaMessage would help but I'll need to do another search through all the BCSeses to check where it's used :lol: Might take a while...

If the quest is progressing normally though, don't fret much... just pop in time to time to help find the problem cause it looks like you solved it yourself :coolthumb:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Ah sorry about not checking sooner :P

I've had a glance through your NALIA.BAF and nothing jumps out as the problem though :unsure: This new connection between GLOBALNaliaMessage would help but I'll need to do another search through all the BCSeses to check where it's used :lol: Might take a while...

If the quest is progressing normally though, don't fret much... just pop in time to time to help find the problem cause it looks like you solved it yourself :coolthumb:

Thank you Lollorian

You are right but the Nalia Quest is worked fine in other my game, but this time I'm not be able to understand the reason of this messenger "loop". The solution is not a really solution because I'm forced to "kill (ctrl+y)" the messenger and immediately after I must to use: CluaConsole:SetGlobal("NaliaMessage","GLOBAL",1).

As Christmas gift, :D when you have free time...are you so kind to take a look at my files.bcs and naliames.dlg?

:cheers:

Attached Files

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

You'll need to export NALIAMES.DLG in D form if anyone is supposed to read it :P

What happens if you don't talk to it and directly jump to a new area btw?

EDIT: If you do talk to it though, can you give an idea of what path you take? :P (actual dialogue options would be great :D)

Edited by Lollorian, 24 December 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#8 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

First of all thank you Lollorian for your answers!!!! :)

You'll need to export NALIAMES.DLG in D form if anyone is supposed to read it :P

I'm not be able to export NALIAMES.DLG in D form!! :) Can you tell me how to do?? :)

What happens if you don't talk to it and directly jump to a new area btw?

The Nalia messenger follow me infinitely, in any area...until I kill him (ctrl+y) and Set NaliaMessage GLOBAL to "1"

EDIT: If you do talk to it though, can you give an idea of what path you take? :P (actual dialogue options would be great :D)

You're right Lol, but I've the italian game....if I were able to export NALIAMES.DLG in d form.... :ermm:
btw after Nalia messenger talk to Nalia, Nalia talk to me and ask me to follow her in Graveyard...whatever answer I select (to go or not to go to Graveyard) after the dialogue "Nalia Messenger" goes away and then.... :o respawn "Nalia Messenger" and start again the dialogue from the beginning... :angry: ...and if the problem is in Naliames.cre??? If you need it here is the Naliames.cre:

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 25 December 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#9 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I solved, :D seems that setting "Expanded Actions" to 0 in "TobExCore.ini" fixes the problem.

From tobexini.txt:
358 ClearBlockVariables()
Sets all action block integer variables to 0 and empties all actions block string variables.

PS: I dunno if there are connection but in my override folder there are the following files from ToBex0025b:
  • diffmod.2da
  • item_use.2da
  • sltsteal.2da
  • argtype.ids
  • asgnspec.ids
  • bardsong.spl

#10 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I was just working on this compnent in BP. I didn't break it, I only changed the default script:

COPY_EXISTING ~naliames.cre~ ~override~ //Messenger
PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3 BEGIN
WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~bpcber2b~ #8 // Default (was WTASIGHT)
END
BUT_ONLY

And the only reason for that, is if you decide to toast him instead of hear him out. :D

#11 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Pardon double post

Edited by ilot, 30 December 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#12 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I was just working on this compnent in BP. I didn't break it, I only changed the default script:

COPY_EXISTING ~naliames.cre~ ~override~ //Messenger
PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3 BEGIN
WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~bpcber2b~ #8 // Default (was WTASIGHT)
END
BUT_ONLY

And the only reason for that, is if you decide to toast him instead of hear him out. :D

On the other hand the Messenger job is an hard work :rolleyes:

#13 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

• diffmod.2da
  • item_use.2da
  • sltsteal.2da
  • argtype.ids
  • asgnspec.ids
  • bardsong.spl

I tried to delete the above mentioned files from my "override" folder too and setting "Expanded Actions" to 1, but the result was the same, so I confirm that the problem in my game was "Expanded Actions"!!

Edited by ilot, 30 December 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

I can't actually reproduce this problem on my SoA + TobEx only install. Strange, although it may have been from those TobEx builds where SetGlobal and such actions were made instant.

Edited by Ascension64, 22 March 2013 - 07:30 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)