nej crash dialogs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 cc4

cc4
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi cc4,

as you can read at my 3rd quote the dialog problem was probably from Shar Teel and a mod i installed for her. When i replaced her with Dar all went smooth.

As for the demons they where extremely easy...with protection from evil cast they where standing there doing nothing while i hacked them!!! :devil:

Have you played through the Dorn's Deep or you just passed it and went back in time?

You are referring to the 'demon specter' inside the Tomb of Kresselack level 2? because I had 'protection from evil' on every character(dar can spam those) and it was an ~instant death to go frontal.

I had to cheat my way. I hid in the front of the hall, sending summoned creatures to draw the demon in and waited until the effect of his magic run out and then had to do major acrobatics. Because simply attacking him with 'protection from evil' and every other buff I had meant nothing, he just stood there and dispatched my chars in ring around him. It was like an episode from that retarded tv show Spartacus, blood flew everywhere as my char's collapsed around him in a heep, even Shar Teel scream about his manhood was finally cut short and he was left standing untouched.

Btw, I am pretty sure I done every quest so far, so my chars are "maxed out" xp wise and my top melee char has -10 AC and everyone has +2/+3 weapons. still they all fell in 3 hits max and overall less than 10 seconds. while It took me some 3 dozen actual hits to fell him. So I am not sure why our experience differ but I wouldn't call him easy.

I welcomed the challenge, until I got to the next level and there was 2 of them and no place to use tricks...(which is where I am stuck atm, so I am still short of Dorn's Deep) IMO challenge is nice but this is not an end game battle nor a side quest, generally its smart game design policy not to put such major hickups on the main line.

p.s. I am playing the BWP recommended profile, minus bg1 quests.

EDIT: Anyway as I noted in my previous post this was my 2 cents on this encounter, but my post was about the two minor bug reports I started with. To add to those the "catchment area"(not sure how you call it) leading from Tomb of Kresselack level 2 to level 3 is little buggy,it should be adjusted to work every time.

Also in the Temple of the Forgotten God, during the first dialogue with acolyte, with hrothgar in your party all answers return n valid replies or links.

Edited by cc4, 11 February 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#22 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I know zilch about Dorn's Deep or NeJ as a whole :D (I don't play with NeJ :P)

Maybe you should play Icewind Dale or at least NEJ they are fun. :lol:  Even better if you port Icewind Dale to BWP like those polish modders that would be even more fun. :P

Why not try this : Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II :lol2:

#23 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I will play through Dorn's Deep and report after a few days as this place seems huge!!

I hope i won't have to start again from the astrolab cause it seems there are a lot of great stuff and lots of xp here :new_thumbs:

#24 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Maybe you should play Icewind Dale or at least NEJ they are fun. :lol:  Even better if you port Icewind Dale to BWP like those polish modders that would be even more fun. :P

Why not try this : Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II :lol2:

Well i know about that but unfortunately :( nobody has port that to BWP expert-install. But i hope that somebody port that to BWP in near future. Maybe you or Lollorian :P i don't know anything about modding only playing. :lol:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#25 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Don't look at me lol :D I'm here just to help out with bits and bobs (that too when I'm not feeling lazy :lol:)

A bit more communication with the WoBG group would be great to see that dream of yours through though ;) The creator even seems to have plans to convert IWD2 into BG2 (if google translate is right I mean :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#26 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

[...]
A bit more communication with the WoBG group would be great to see that dream of yours through though ;) The creator even seems to have plans to convert IWD2 into BG2 (if google translate is right I mean :P)
It will be harder to do that, IWD2 don't use the same rules than BG2 (something like AD&D v3 or AD&D v3.5)...
He will have to "tune" each monster/fight in order to make the game not too easy nor to difficult...

#27 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Balance would (and probably should) be a late concern IMHO :P

Just converting and making them playable is a task worthy of respect :) (because that's the hard part... and when the hard part's done, help would be easy to gather for easier stuff like balancing - which IMHO is not even needed... I like to see stuff chunk and explode like crazy :devil:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#28 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Don't look at me lol :D I'm here just to help out with bits and bobs (that too when I'm not feeling lazy :lol:)

Well i can dream though. :lol: Maybe if i keep talking about this you might give in to do it. :P

Sadly though i can't help, i don't speak polska? :blink:  or something like that. I don't speak english that good either. :P

I would settle for IWD for now, i don't know about IWD2 maybe it's hard like Fouinto says.

#29 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Just converting and making them playable is a task worthy of respect :) (because that's the hard part... and when the hard part's done, help would be easy to gather for easier stuff like balancing - which IMHO is not even needed... I like to see stuff chunk and explode like crazy :devil:)

Me too me too. :P

I think that balance is overrated, you loose it when you add zillion mods like in BWP. I don't care it, more items and quests is better. :D

#30 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Me too me too. :P

I think that balance is overrated, you loose it when you add zillion mods like in BWP. I don't care it, more items and quests is better. :D

You think so ? Then give a try to "Icewind Gate II Delta" (BG2 with IWD2 engine)...
you may change your mind when you will see 2 thugs killing your 6 characters ! :crazy: :tease:

:WTF: Well, I guess it's time for me to stop hijacking this thread...

#31 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

You think so ? Then give a try to "Icewind Gate II Delta" (BG2 with IWD2 engine)...
you may change your mind when you will see 2 thugs killing your 6 characters ! :crazy: :tease:
Erhm, the point micbaldur and Lollorian are trying to make is that making things too hard, or balanced with hardness in mind is that you might get over exited and fail to recognize that without optional choices you make them easily too hard to every other player out there. So your point actually just enforces theirs ... as it should allow the player to make choices that effect the games natural difficulty... not a rule set in stone.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 February 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#32 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

[You think so ? Then give a try to "Icewind Gate II Delta" (BG2 with IWD2 engine)...

Thanks for info on Icewind Gate II Delta, i might try that someday. :D Though there some mods (Askaria mod) that kills party in few seconds. :P

I apologize if i offended you, i didn't mean to. :blush:

You are right this not the right thread to discuss this.

Erhm, the point micbaldur and Lollorian are trying to make is that making things too hard, or balanced with hardness in mind is that you might get over exited and fail to recognize that without optional choices you make them easily too hard to every other player out there. So your point actually just enforces theirs ... as it should allow the player to make choices that effect the games natural difficulty... not a rule set in stone.

Well i have to say that you have way with the words (unlike i have :P ) that what i pretty much meant but never said. :coolthumb:

Thanks my countrymen. :lol:

Update:

What the went wrong with smileys????

Edited by micbaldur, 12 February 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#33 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

For some reason all the smileys in micbaldur's post just above don't display for me :blink:

Anyway, I didn't know IWD2 made balance harder then :P I always thought balancing meant making CHARNAME and co. weaker :lol: We really need a thread to discuss this WoBG stuff...

#34 cc4

cc4
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

@mike, dialogue issues aside, did you experience any further issues with Shar Teel, more specifically have you kept her long enough to level up? Because in my game the process has caused an undocumented reduction in strength.. bug or?

#35 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

For some reason all the smileys in micbaldur's post just above don't display for me :blink:
He just went to the "More Reply Options" and disabled the emoticons.
@mike, dialogue issues aside, did you experience any further issues with Shar Teel, more specifically have you kept her long enough to level up? Because in my game the process has caused an undocumented reduction in strength.. bug or?
Shar Teel's kit should reduce her Str if I remember correctly. And give her Fireball spells etc idiocity.

Right Micbaldur, and now if you just translate what I said to Finnish, you'll notice that what wrote doens't actually make that much sense. :P

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#36 cc4

cc4
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Shar Teel's kit should reduce her Str if I remember correctly. And give her Fireball spells etc idiocity.

Then I guess that the relevant entries are missing from the upgrade screen. Thanks for the info :)

#37 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

If you read her kit description you will find out why she loses strength, for now i had to abandoned her telling me she will go to Umar so it will be a while till i get her back

#38 cc4

cc4
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Yes, but what will be fun in knowing exactly how it ends, so I'd rather keep waiting with anticipation for each level up ;) (which is where the description was missing) I have to admit that I am disappointed with her losing strength, atm she is my best warrior(and mule) and so far no alternatives in sight(I had to pass the barbarian because I was afraid that my original bg2 team might get "stuck here" due to some compatibility issue). I really hope there is some good story behind her, after all her dicking up I had to suffer :)  

#39 -Mike-

-Mike-

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

She is better fighter than Dar even with her low hp that is true but you can manage well with Dar also since he is a true tank!

Now the answer we all anticipated about Dorn's Deep...i have played through it and actually you have access till wyrn's tooth glacier but cannot access the lower Dorn's Deep. The exit at NE of glacier leads to an area with a cave which is the same area as i encountered at the low level of aquarium with 4 snow trolls and 4 salamanders BUT the trolls are unkillable (even with ctrl+y !!) and the road leads to Kuldahar where you can leave through druids portal to CI. So all the extra road was for xp and some good stuff but not for any story purpose.

Now i continue as it is meant at CI.

#40 cc4

cc4
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

So basically lower Dorn's Deep and the return to Easthaven are missing. Too bad, I really hoped I could finish it in this playthrough. Btw, do we get to keep all that stuff or it will be striped due to some twist?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nej, crash, dialogs