Photo

Quayle Project ReDone

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:03 AM

Quite lucky I saw this topic pop up under a search, I didn't even realise this miscellaneous mod section existed :P Don't think I've ever taken Aerie for more than about 20 minutes but Quayle is awesome.

#22 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

I really hope you gonna like it! It's not a big mod... but still I prefer to play with my Quayle than Aerie...

#23 Nal'shu

Nal'shu
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

I am trying this mod as we speak. Quayle starts out with very few spells. Only two, if I recall. Also, he does not have any weapon proficiencies. I know, it is a minor NPC, but I did not expect it to be this underdeveloped. Perhaps an idea to fix it?
~Draconic sorcerer~

#24 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:05 AM

You're speaking of arcane spells, yes? I always cosidered it a small significance, because most players have some kind of tactics playing spell-users and they usually have to buy spells they need. You have Adventurer's Mart just next to the Circus so getting spells you need isn't really difficult.
I may change that, but I'm not sure when - maybe today, maybe in few days, maybe in a week... I have a lot of work.
About proficiencies, I think I fixed it in the past... well, that's doable too.

As I said, the new version depends on my free time...

#25 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

The new version is up.

#26 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

The mod is close to hitting 50 000 downloads... strange. As I believe the mod could be much better (in many many aspects), I'm working on rewritting the dialogue and making some fixes (etc). I'm not sure how much better it's going to be, maybe just a little bit, but I promise it's going to have some more sense!

#27 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Quayle ReDone v1.0 is released! It has been completelly changed! It used to have like 60 kb of dialogue, now it has like 200 kb. I'm sorry, but there is no Polish version for this one.
Polish players - if you wish to download the previous version, visit Children of Bhaal forums.

Link in the first post.

1 November 2012 - v.ReDone 1
- All dialogues have been rewritten, some were deleted and some were added
- New joining quest/circumstances
- Added new area
- Corrected all scripts
- Added homunculus research
- Fixed the items
- Better folder organization
- Fixed creature files and got new on-start ToB items
- Changed epilogue
- Proofreading of new the new text

#28 DrFraud2

DrFraud2
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I took a character through the circus tent for the first time after installing this mod and when he exited (with a very-much-alive Aerie in tow), every non-Bioware NPC I tried talking to either crashed the game or said nothing other than their introduction lines.  The character who hasn't visited the tent yet has had no such problems.  The only things I installed that could possibly affect the tent and its immediate surroundings were this and Unfinished Business' Kalah and What He Was Promised miniquest, and I've had the latter installed before with absolutely no problems.

Edited by DrFraud2, 27 March 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#29 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

Not sure why people like making new threads that much :P Could anyone merge this one with Quayle's thread, please? :)

As for the problem - well, I'm not sure why it would work like that. I may need to ask someone for help, so I can't give you cany answer right now... But I didn't touch anything in other NPCs lines, actually, so.... I'm just not sure why would the mod cause that kind of error. Still, will ask someone to check it.

Cheers!

#30 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Could anyone merge this one with Quayle's thread, please? :)

Well, the SHS staff will if one reports the topic post... when they get the chance, like I just did. :P

The only things I installed that could possibly affect the tent and its immediate surroundings were this and Unfinished Business' Kalah and What He Was Promised miniquest,...

Let's not leave that to a chance, copypaste your weidu.log's content to a post please, open the file that's in your game directory with Notepad.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 March 2013 - 06:17 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#31 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Threads have been merged accordingly.  I agree with Jarno, posting your WeiDU log would be a great start for people to help you figure out what went wrong.  :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#32 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hmm, thanks. Just a small problem... the thread is now:

"Quayle ReDone possible conflict"

and should be

"Quayle Project ReDone"

or something like that :D Or at least it shows like that to me :)

#33 -canofjuice-

-canofjuice-

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

Is this mod going to be ported to BG2:EE? :)

#34 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

I think so, yes. But not right now. I'm busy with some RL stuff. But I'm still here and I hope to port all (or at least most) my mods to BG2EE

Cheers

#35 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Uhm... why there are two different versions of one topic? Both threads guide to the file but support topic for the mod is the one here. Could anyone merge it, please?

And yep - there is a new version

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 01 February 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#36 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

Good day, I'm having quite the issue with Quayle ReDone, it won't let me finish the quest unless I kill Aerie, and I really don't want to do that, also Aerie won't stop talking and repeating the same dialogue, and she has been really annoying, I want to finish the quest and keep Aerie in my party and let Quayle go and not join the party, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

#37 Krohon

Krohon
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

After playing some time using this mod, I found that I don't like Quayle that much after all. How can I revert to Aerie, without replaying the game from an old save?

#38 aniagie

aniagie
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

as much as I'd enjoyed the mod I'd rather have option to get them both on board, pls consider making such option! it'd be cute having them both and some interesting talks between them

#39 MadeMeRegister

MadeMeRegister
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

Okay, the old support thread is closed now so I'm asking here - I'm not sure if my Quayle is working right, when I kick him out he just says "get out of the way bumbling simpeltons(sic)" and the red "Quayle has nothing to say to you" pops up. I can't send him anywhere, and re-recruiting him requires ctrl+q which probably would break his scripts. Any idea how to fix this problem? 

#40 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:11 AM

Okay, the old support thread is closed now so I'm asking here - I'm not sure if my Quayle is working right, when I kick him out he just says "get out of the way bumbling simpeltons(sic)" and the red "Quayle has nothing to say to you" pops up. I can't send him anywhere, and re-recruiting him requires ctrl+q which probably would break his scripts. Any idea how to fix this problem? 

Where were you ? In what game(BG1, BG2, BG1EE, BG2EE, EET, BGT-weidu, Tutu ... ), what chapter and so on. You can pusth the x -button during the game to get area code, which you should also post.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.