Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul

baldurs gate graphics overhaul

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#241 TheWebber

TheWebber
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Might not be much, but I would like to ask for details about what has been improved in the new version.

I'm going to wait until its released before I install it again.

- I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten? Will your life fade in the shadows of greater beings. You are born of murder, the very essence of that which takes life. You have power, if you wish it -

#242 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

Thank you very much, -Y-!

It was a nice 2014 Xmas present for us all. I would also be grateful for an alternate mirror while we wait for an admin to approve the upload and for a change log, if possible.

#243 TheWebber

TheWebber
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

Is Gibberlings3 available to upload new files to or is it managed by the same people?

Just asking. It could be another possibility.

- I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten? Will your life fade in the shadows of greater beings. You are born of murder, the very essence of that which takes life. You have power, if you wish it -

#244 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

I would like to second the option for a (temporary) mirror somewhere else please, the time that it gets approved on SHS.

X-mas is kind of ideal to start another BGT playthrough for me, and I can't really go through the BWP/BWS process without this fine mod.

Hopefully you won't perceive this as a bother.

Thank you for your continued dedication and hard work for our enjoyment.

EDIT : Question, would the BWP/BWS process go through with an older version of this mod ? I suspect that if it does, there may be significant issues once in game, with all other components being otherwise up to date, but since I still have a fairly old "bgtgraphics10.rar" sitting in my BWS folder, I wanted to ask.

I would give it a try, if it didn't so long each time I do an update of my game.

And merry X-mas by the way.

Edited by Karmapowered, 23 December 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#245 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

Uploaded to Dropbox - see the download topic for the link. If you have v1.7 installed correctly then there's no change between that version and this version. The new package includes the updated .tph file and now has the correct version numbers in both the .tp2 and readme files.

I know nothing about the megamod installation procedures - someone else will need to answer that question.

Thank you for all the feedback. This was a mod I never intended to do... :D

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 24 December 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#246 TheWebber

TheWebber
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

I still can't find the files for the BGTutu one. Or is it Tutu's version that has a new update?

#247 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

Just wanted to thank you again, Yovaneth, for going through the hassle of uploading a mirror for us.

I could get the file, and start my new updated BGT game. Much appreciated.

Happy new year to you (and everyone else here) in advance.

#248 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

I still can't find the files for the BGTutu one. Or is it Tutu's version that has a new update?

This hasn't been touched for a while. Does the download not work? Bear in mind that I get a different access to you, so (unfortunately) what works for me doesn't always work for someone else.

-Y-

#249 TheWebber

TheWebber
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, it keeps telling me the "Error" message.

The only one intact is the BG:EE version of Graphics Overhaul.

#250 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

BGTuTuGraphics v1.9 Dropbox link on the download page.

-Y-

#251 TheWebber

TheWebber
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

"I thank thee. Go, and leave me to oblivion at last. Sweet Sleep."

#252 iiss

iiss
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Dropbox links are broken (

#253 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

Dropbox links are broken (

Yeah, it gives this:

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Edited by The Imp, 04 January 2015 - 08:53 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#254 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:12 AM

Keep trying. I'm not going to take out a subscription to Dropbox to support two files.

-Y-

#255 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

We did... :devil: ... and here's a totally unofficial mediafire link for those v1.8 BGT people who can't use the -Y-'s Dropbox link, because of me. :devil:

Yep, free accounts for the win !

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#256 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

Not that anyone cares, but this is one of my favorite mods which always leaves me hesitating whether I want to play the original or BGT; tough call. Map-editing's a lot of ungrateful busy work, but this one is an essential atmosphere-builder.

Just wanted to say something kind (for a change :whistling:): Thank you for the update, Yovaneth, and thanks for the mirror link, Imp.

#257 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:03 AM

You're welcome. I appreciate the feedback too. :D

-Y-

#258 CroMagnon

CroMagnon
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

The download for the BG:EE version of this mod is corrupt. I've downloaded it 7 times today with no success, wasted 6+ hours of free time trying to get BG:EE modded and running because of this. I will resort to cannibalism to get the download working. If that's what it takes. I've got butter, I've got jam, who is that who tastes like ham. Do you understand what is happening here. I am on the jagged edge.

Need alternate download link. Mirror. Mirror.

From 7zip:

CRC failed in 'bgeegraphics\tis\AR2400N.TIS'. File is broken.

Edited by CroMagnon, 23 March 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#259 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

It looks like 7z is being picky because WinRAR downloads and extracts and it installs okay. I've uploaded a new three-part archive which should shut 7z up.

-Y-

#260 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

Not sure if this is already a known issue or not. I noticed that the fountain at the Shrine of Oghma in Candlekeep (and I'm not sure if other areas are affected) had some graphical issues with the BGEEGO installed.

One is that rain drops seem to leave behind "streaks" in the water:

Baldr002.png

And another is that the fountain gets "buggy" whenever I scroll the camera around (by moving the cursor to the edges of the screen, I mean):

Baldr004.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baldurs gate, graphics, overhaul