Photo

Which NPC's notice Sarevok?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EpitomyofShyness

EpitomyofShyness
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Heya, I'm having trouble remembering which NPC's talk to Sarevok or the PC about the PC and Sarevok being in a relationship.

Also how many talks do the ones who notice have?

If you could remind me it would be great, thanks!

#2 -Harlequin-

-Harlequin-

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Off the top of my head, Imoen, Jaheira, Aerie, and Keldorn. I think Viconia and Anomen have some comments, too, but I'm not sure.

#3 -Harlequin-

-Harlequin-

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Off the top of my head, Imoen, Jaheira, Aerie, and Keldorn. I think Viconia and Anomen have some comments, too, but I'm not sure.

#4 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

I didn't have any talks between the two occur, but if you romance Saravok while in a romance with Adrian, Adrian will break up with you.  The upshot is that it takes place late in the game, so you can have them both for quite a while.  ;)

I also could swear that Edwin notices the romance.  But I think you can still romance Edwin.

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#5 -Nightshade-

-Nightshade-

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm curious--I know there's an Anomen-Sarevok conflict, but do you have to romance the former for it to occur, or does he simply get jealous that you're more interested in your murderous not-brother than him? I'd really like to see it, but if I have to romance Anomen, I think I'll just leave him behind and bring Aerie or Viconia for my healer.

#6 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I hope it's okay for me to answer this.  I mean no breach in protocol!  I'll be brief and not post anything to spoil the romance and the actual wording.

Yes, you do have to romance Anomen to get the talks.  But, ToB can be very quick if you want it to be.  I looked into the mod and saw this -

Conflict 2, last two ending options need to make Anomen leave the party forever, third to last option needs to set a timer? and if PC does not end romance with Sarevok then conflict 3 triggers

I looked further and can saw the actual dialog. 

Spoilerish -  but not posting actual dialog -

Anomen expresses concern about pc's behaviour with Saravok, then later jealousy, then finally begs pc to break it off with Saravok.  If she doesn't, he will leave the party forever.

Edited by Setepenre, 17 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

#7 -Nightshade-

-Nightshade-

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

Ah, oh well. Thanks. I don't like Anomen, but cheating with Sarevok practically in front of him is a little too cruel in my opinion. Maybe I'll find a way to work around it.

And, to keep this thread from being completely derailed: Haer'Dalis has some hilarious banter with and about Sarevok. Seriously, if you've never used him before, he's worth bringing just for the commentary.

#8 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hah!  I'll have to play with my beloved bard again and finish his story.  I hadn't brought him this time around, but I can't wait to see him with Saravok!  :) 

And yeah, about Anomen, the breakup is rather sad for him.  I like Anomen enough, but over the years I don't care much about him one way or the other, but the breakup actually made me feel sad. 

Thanks for the advice about Dalis.  I'll start a new ToB just for him.  Besides, I NEED to finish his romance!  ;)